“Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

You added Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #34 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My fiancee' and I stayed at the Floridian the night that we got engaged. For years I have been wanting to stay at this hotel, but found that it was way too out of my budget. I finally got to stay here, and I have to say, the hotel was everything that I had expected and more. Our beds were turned down every night, which I've never see another Disney hotel do. We had chocolates on our pillows every day. Which, again, I have not had this treatment at any other Disney hotel, and every time we used a towel and left the room, we would come back to fresh towels and our hamper (yes they have a hamper for your towels!) would be empty. Everything would be replenished not only on a daily basis but on an hourly basis! We literally left the room for a few hours and came back to our bed turned down, the lights dimmed, chocolates on our beds, and fresh towels. I've stayed at 6 different Disney Resorts, and like I said, no other Disney Resort was this extravagant. I felt like complete royalty. Each room is an easy, quick walk to the monorail. The pool was amazing. The lounge chairs have built in cushions so there is no need to bring a towel or a small pillow for comfort when laying on the chairs. The staff by the pool side bar were very friendly and quick to serve, even though it was crowded. We didn't wait more than 5 minutes for our drinks. Oh, and did I mention that each room comes with 2 bath robes? Can this place get any better? I loved it. Even with the construction going on, the hotel was still beautiful. Best place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: If you want to view the Magic Kingdom, than you might want to pay extra for the room, but honestly...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Miramar, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 9/4/07. When my husband and I left to the park, I left my blackberry in the room charging trusting that it would be impossible for staff or anyone to steal it. When I returned to my room, the phone had been stolen. I immediately contacted the staff. Unfortunately the security officer they sent to investigate was rude, unprofessional and insinuating that I was to blame and that I probably forgot that I had taken the phone with me to the park! I told them to find out who had entered my room and to investigate their own employees for the theft. Later I found out that the lady that cleans the room and another man who refills the refrigerator had come into my room. I tried very very hard to get them to pay for the loss of my phone the value of which was not even significant. They stalled and stonewalled me and to my shock I received a letter from the Gust Claims Department stating "Our department was advised of the claim you made arising from the referenced incident that occurred on property owned and operated by WALT DISNEY WORLD CO. We were sorry to hear of your loss during your visit with us. We have reviewed the circumstances surrounding your claim and found no negligence on the part of the WALT DISNEY WORLD CO. in this case. Therefore, we are unable to offer any compensation for the loss you incurred." I was disappointed because supposedly this is the best most expensive hotel inside Disney and we had spent a fortune to stay there. I am 100% absolutely sure that the phone was taken by one of the staff members that went into my room and I am a lawyer and wanted to file a lawsuit just to prove them wrong but the expense and time involved in a lawsuit just wasn't worth it for the loss of my blackberry phone. The hotel offered nothing - no future discounts - no discounts on my stay - NOTHING. They were very arrogant and could care less that my phone was stolen by their staff. After having had a magical week enjoying the parks, this experience at this hotel ruined everything and it ended up being a horror story. The phone belonged to my company so I had to pay for losing it and meanwhile the hotel did not have the decency to truly investigate their staff (look at cameras, make them take polygraphs, check their criminal records and background) because had they done this, they would have found out the truth and fired the burglar from their staff to prevent them from stealing from other rooms. So, to all of you, lesson learned here NOT TO LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR ROOMS because this hotel employs burglars and then they refuse and fail to investigate or to pay for your loss!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Havre de Grace, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Floridian for a family trip. The rooms were very nice with nice finishes. The hotel has turn down service with a chocolate so the kids loved it. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The convienence of the monorail and boat to the magic kingdom was great. Right now, construction was everywhere making it not as nice as it could have been. The main pool is closed. The spa is closed. The convienence store is closed. The quick service restaurant was closed. the beach area was closed and at the pool that was open you got to watch the building of a huge tower of timeshares. Save your money and go elsewhere until the resort is completed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We never stay anywhere else when we visit Disney World. (We have posted a couple of reviews regarding previous stays). The service is outstanding. It rivals resorts elsewhere in the world. The grounds and the decor are beautiful. You cannot stay any closer to the Magic Kingdom. You are just one monorail station away. The courtyard pool and Gasparilla's were closed when we visited in October, 2012; however, I understand they will re-open soon. The Grand is expensive, but it is worth every cent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here in late October for 4 days after leaving another Disney Resort that had a unacceptable room and no other rooms at that resort were available. Disney was excellent in moving us and our luggage by taxi to this resort.

We had a lagoon view room in the Boca Chica building. We were on the third floor in a room next to the ice machine, but I never heard anyone getting ice. The only thing we could hear were the family next door through the adjoining door, but we were out alot and it wasn't too bad. The rooms are beautifully decorated with touches of Disney. The beds are incredibly comfortable. The water pressure and the temperature of the shower were excellent.

The room was very spacious and very clean. The bathroom has double sinks with adequate storage for your items and the tub and toilet are behind a door for additional privacy. There is a lot of construction going on and the main pool was closed. Also, next to the hotel a large disney time share is being built and the fitness center has been relocated to a large permanent tent in the parking lot. We loved walking around this resort and we also walked to the polynesian resort next door. The grounds at the Grand Floridian are so beautiful and relaxing after being in the hustle of the parks.

I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Two great pools , one huge , the other is a medium with a cool water slide. The rooms are really nice too. It's really close to Magic Kingdom so it's convenient. The lobby is really big. When I went we got a view of of the seven seas lagoon and you could see the castle. It was a magical stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our family of 4 spent the first week of May 2012 at the Grand Floridian at Disney and loved it.

While it is no doubt an expensive hotel it was the most convenient location especially if you have two little girls (5 and 2) that get tired quite quickly. The monorail got to Magic Kingdom within 3 or 4 minutes on most occasions. Getting to the other parks was also very easy using the monorail and the complimentary bus service. The longest it took us to get anywhere was 30 to 40 minutes.

The room was not the biggest but adequate for our purposes. It was clean, neat and we did not have to wait for it to cleaned at any point. The only issue we had in the room was the intermittent wi-fi signal. Although it was free I would have paid a nominal fee for a more stable signal.

The service at the resort was very good and we did not have to wait very long for any request.

In short a great hotel for our first Disney experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!