Our family of 4 spent the first week of May 2012 at the Grand Floridian at Disney and loved it.
While it is no doubt an expensive hotel it was the most convenient location especially if you have two little girls (5 and 2) that get tired quite quickly. The monorail got to Magic Kingdom within 3 or 4 minutes on most occasions. Getting to the other parks was also very easy using the monorail and the complimentary bus service. The longest it took us to get anywhere was 30 to 40 minutes.
The room was not the biggest but adequate for our purposes. It was clean, neat and we did not have to wait for it to cleaned at any point. The only issue we had in the room was the intermittent wi-fi signal. Although it was free I would have paid a nominal fee for a more stable signal.
The service at the resort was very good and we did not have to wait very long for any request.
In short a great hotel for our first Disney experience.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Floridian
- Grand Floridian Hotel
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Disney Grand Floridian
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is a Victorian-style Disney Deluxe Resort distinguished as the flagship hotel of Walt Disney World Resort and offering world-class dining, entertainment and luxurious accommodations in its 6 striking red-gabled buildings. This magnificent hotel sits along the white-sand shores of Seven Seas Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.