The group I traveled with stayed here in Aug 2006. We were there for the Disney travel agent training program. The first thing that we all agreed was the best benefit to staying here was LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. In my opinion it has the best location of any of the parks. You are within a short boat ride to both Epcot and MGM. The other biggest benefit for really everyone(but esp for families with kids) would be the awesome pool area. One of the pools is even a sand bottom pool which is a nice little touch. We looked at a bunch of hotels and this one absolutely has THE BEST pool area of any Disney hotel So if you are pool people then this is the place for you.
Also the rooms are a really good size. And to be fair we did look at other deluxe hotel rooms (Animal Kingdom, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, etc) but these rooms were the biggest in size. Also the hotel had just received brand new bedding so the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in (and to find a group of 12 that all agrees on bedding would be impossible.) However, the bathroom was a little smaller than we liked, but not a huge deal. Nice sized balcony with small table and 2 chairs. But PLEASE REMEMBER....the hotel is big so make sure to request a room with whomever you book it through to get a room that is not in any of the wings. Because if you do, then be prepared for a long walk down lots of hallways!
Also check out Beaches and Cream which is between the Yacht / Beach club. Also Cape May's is a must for a character breakfast. It's not just the kids that like it! Also the buffet breakfast served was very delicious. So overall, this hotel to me is by far THE place to choose when staying at a Disney resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a lakeside Disney Deluxe Resort featuring lush landscaping and the formal grace of a grand New England yacht club. Designed by architect Robert A.M. Stern—known for his East Coast beach houses—this splendid 5-story Resort transports Guests to the summertime Shingle Style hotels of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort