“Wonderful, but that Restaurant M.A.N.A.G.E.R!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #83 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful, but that Restaurant M.A.N.A.G.E.R!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

everything was exceptional, except the main hotel restaurant manager. she actually told me, in front of 8 family members, "You should not have been give a reservation. My priority is to the guests who called many days ago."

naturally, i flipped my lid, though remained cool in front of the gang.

1,153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
blessedoklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

The trip from the time we got there till they said goodbye 8 days later it was great. They always greeted us made me feel like they really wanted us there. Service at the food places were great the food was good to. I have cancer and they made all my dreams come true and treated my grandchildren like prince and princess and my 16 year old nephew had just as much fun. The pool is beautiful and the kids loved it. May God bless all of them. And thank you all for my wonderful trip....Toni Borza

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Our room was so dirty, we even found a previous guests sock next to our bed. The sheets were never changed even though we stayed 7 nights. Even though I put dirty towels in the tub the housekeeper hung them up, I noticed the stain on one of the towels from my daughters juice. There was an unknown yellow sticky goo next to my bed as well. Hallways dirty, huge hole in the wall in the hallway. peeling wallpaper in our room and hallway. The mildew in hot tub was totally gross, a ton of huge cockroaches everywhere at night. There were nasty snails by the hot tub at night that I'd have to avoid stepping on. Hotel staff inattentive to our needs. I can't believe what has happened to this resort. There was a young teenage prostitute hanging out at the quiet pool late at night one evening, another night two men were smoking pot at the quiet pool. Ducks swimming in the main pool and trying to get our snacks during the day. Even though there were tons of signs saying don't save pool chairs people did, there were 90% chairs covered in dirty towels and peoples shoes and only a handful had people actually sitting in them. I'd have to search for extended periods of time to find a lounge chair to sit in.

South East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I stayed at Disney's Yacht Club from July 9th-23rd, holiday with group of 7 adults: my partner's parents, his sisters & boyfriend of elder sister.
This was my first stay at the Yacht Club, although I have stayed at five other Disney resorts to date.

On arrival, we were immediately greeted by two cheerful cast members (disney staff) who gave us glasses of ice-cold water. Check in was quick & enjoyable, a bellhop took care of our luggage while we went up to our rooms - two pairs of adjoining rooms 2091&2089 and 2079&2077. About half-way down the corridor, there was a stairway at the end which gave us access outside, near to the edge of the hotel, near the Swan & Dolphin.
We had booked waterview rooms and the view was beautiful - directly below our room was the wedding pavillion, and to the right we could see the pool, Storm-a-long bay and Crescent Lake - in the distance the Eiffel Tower in Epcot's France Pavilion - and even further away we could see the Characters in Flight hot-air-balloon at Downtown Disney!

Rooms were very clean, well-themed and decorated. Beds were comfortable & only occasionally heard noise from room above (usually children running around with excitement in the mornings!)
Maid service ("mousekeeping") was excellent, always done before lunch & we were always given a plentiful supply of shampoo, soap, showergel, coffee supplies, towels... also on arrival there was a towel shaped liked Mickey Mouse arranged on the bed!
There are several 'hidden mickeys' in the rooms as well as in the hotel lobby carpets.

The rooms are very big and have plenty of draws, cupboards & wardrobe space. New radios have been put in the room which have iPod docks in them. The hotel's rooms are currently being renovated & I believe they will soon have new furniture & flat-screen televisions.

We noticed a mix of guests at the Yacht Club - some convention/business people but also many families - we had dinner at the neighbouring Beach Club Resort one evening, and noticed this hotel seemed much more lively & family-orientated.

We ate at the hotel's Captains Grille for dinner which was a very nice meal - they had a three course set menu for around $28 as well as A La Carte choices.
The Crew's Cup Lounge bar is very richly decorated, and has a glass wall that looks into the private butcher's of the Yachtsman Steakhouse restaurant.
The Ale & Compass lounge sells quick breakfast items from 6am - such as muffins, bagels, cereals & speciality coffees; this is very good if you want to grab a quick bite to eat on the way to the parks!

Epcot & Hollywood Studios are short walks away, and the boats to these parks are also frequent, and the cast-members provide useful info about park hours & firework shows while onboard.
The Disney transportation buses to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon/Downtown Disney were very efficient, rarely crowded and the longest we waited was 15 mins one morning (to Downtown).

Storm-along-Bay is an excellent pool, plenty to do for guests of all ages. Sun loungers were a little harder to find in the afternoons (still plenty on the resort's beach however), but in the mornings it was easy to find places to sit in the shade or sun. There are poolside activities all days for children (hoola hoop contest, team games & Hannah Montana karaoke!), also bingo & disney trivia for all. Pool is open until 11pm at night.

It is possible to hire a variety of boats from the Yacht Club Marina - as a surprise for the family I arranged a private boat cruise to view the Illuminations fireworks in Epcot. The cruise lasted over 90mins, we went to the Studios & back past the Boardwalk before mooring in Epcot - view of the show was incredible!
A captain is included in the price, as well as sodas & snacks - further food and beverages can be requested from the hotel's private We had a great Captain called Michael.

The shop, Fixtures & Fittings, is located on the ground floor near the lobby, it stocks a lot of Disney park merchandise, as well as exclusive Yacht Club tshirts, pins etc; also a range of food, drinks & medical items.

This hotel is beautiful, staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, and the location on Crescent Lake is fantastic!

liverpool uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Fantastic hotel staff are wonderfull rooms are ok but need updating pool is great kids loved it. The Yachtsman Steakhouse as the best steaks Porterhouse is amazing will be going back to this hotel. Absoluley loved it .Lovely walk to epcot and boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Porland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

This was our second trip to the yacht club. We were greeted by name as we entered the resort and the service continued to be great during our trip. On our third day, the refrigerator in our room broke. On our way to the pool, we stopped by the front desk, not knowing who to talk to. Before I made it up to the desk I was approached and asked if I needed help. I explained out situation and the woman quickly told me she would have it replaced and our room credited to cover the spoiled items we had purchased. When we had returned from the pool, a new refrigerator and room credit was in place. GREAT SERVICE!

After spending several days at the Yacht club, we continued on to the cruise portion of our trip. I just want to point out that the luggage service is fantastic. It is so helpful to not have to lug everything around from point A to point B. Disney even takes everything thru customs on the way home. No dragging luggage and children around. Again, a great service.

On our return from the disney wonder, we were faced with spending 7 hours at the airport, due to a late flight. Not my idea of a good time, especially with kids. We were able to return to the yacht club. They stored our carry-on luggage so we could spend one last day at the parks. Not only did they take care of our luggage, but they arranged the needed taxi to get us back to the airport on time (at our expense). Of course, just as they had said, the taxi and our luggage was ready to go at the needed time. All we had to do was hop in...

The yacht club is central to several major attractions and as stated in other reviews has an amazing pool. Our kids loved it.

We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to the theme parks and were glad to see the buses were larger and held many more people than 4 years ago. (the park transportation was my biggest complaint the last time we visited).

We had a great time and appreciated the friendliness of all the disney staff at the yacht club. Our family has travel extensively and I can certainly say that not all hotel staff is as warm, friendly and helpful as the staff at Disney's yacht club.

MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights in June with my husband and kids. I was here for a class run by Disney. Given that this is typically a $300/night hotel, I was less than impressed. The wallpaper was peeling from the walls in the hallway, the door hinges in the bathroom were rusting, and the cabinet door which hides the small fridge was torn clear off its hinges. Some of the personnel were nice, but others were not. And it seemed to be random, as different employees would give you difference responses to the same request. The kids really enjoyed the sand bottom pool, but I would not stay there again. The $10 a day internet fee that Disney resorts charge is just too much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!