“Great resort, service, and food was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #83 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great resort, service, and food was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had a very nice time considering it was a business trip. Good service, clean rooms and convenient location. I highly recommend t he Yacht Club for your stay at Disney! There are many rooms...i recommend a room not so far away from the elevators!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1,155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Trinity, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just got back today from an overnight stay at this resort. The location, the grounds, and the lobby are wonderful! The staff was above average, as well. Every staff member we dealt with was personable and actually seemed to enjoy what they were doing. A big plus, in this day and age!
We had lunch yesterday and breakfast this morning. The food was very good and the prices were what we expected to pay at a high-end resort. The rooms, however, did not reflect a high-end resort. We appreciated the double sinks, and the bed was very comfortable, and everything was very clean. However, some things needed to be redone. There was a nasty yellow stain on the tile floor next to the toilet bowl that went around it for a few inches. Those tiles should have been replaced even if it meant reseating the toilet bowl to get to the tiles.The space between the door and the bowl itself could not have been more than one inch, if that.
We had a balcony which was very nice, however, we were told we would have a garden view.
The view was overlooking part of the tennis courts and a building that held linens. That building was partially hidden by the trees, but we heard what sounded like the a/c running.
In all fairness, we paid $286.98 for the room, a big bargain over the $400 plus rate, but, I wonder how someone would feel paying so much money for that room. For $300-$500 for a room, I expected something grander. Perhaps, I am just old-fashioned and expect too much.
What was nice was the fact that when we arrived on the 4th floor around noon, our room was ready for us. That was a bonus. What I found troublesome was that when we went up to the 4th floor, one part of the hallway that was close to our room had an exhaust smell. The a/c there was going full blast, and the smell was as if someone left a car running near the a/c intake vent.
Our room had no exhaust smell, nor that musty hotel odor, so that was good. I did mention the hallway smell to one of the hotel women at the front desk. She seemed concerned and said she would bring it to someone's attention. When we got back to the hotel in the evening, I did not smell it, nor did I smell it later when I went downstairs again much later in the evening. I was disconcerted, however, that I smelled it again when I went down for breakfast, and later, when I
left to check out. I brought it to the bellman's attention who helped us with our luggage. After I mentioned it to him, he said, yes, he did notice it once I mentioned it to him. In any event, I told the woman at the front desk when we checked out. I told the gal, while I thought the hotel was lovely, I would not stay there again due to that problem. It is very possible that on the other floors there was no problem, but I did not check that. Since the smell had not permeated into my room, and I had not smelled it at night in the hallway, I had assumed maintenance had found the problem and fixed it. I guess not, since there it was in the morning. So, there you have it, the hotel is classy, the staff is helpful and friendly,the rooms and linen are immaculately kept, the location to the boardwalk and Epcot are within walking distance, and the boat to Disney Hollywood is a stone's throw away. That was worth the $300. However, the rooms need a bit updating, and the balcony door should have a screen. A poor mocking bird banged its head into the door 3x this morning before I realized where the noise was coming from and closed the drapes. Had the door been open at that time, the bird would have been in the room. It is wonderful to have doors that open to a balcony, but without screens, I certainly would not keep the door open any time of the year in Florida! I am a Florida resident, and I know what creeps and flies around at all times of the day and night! Disney, make the most of the balcony doors and invest in screens for your guests. For the kind of money the guests pay, it is worth the investment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel needs some updates though; the wallpaper from the hallways is not really attractive. The rooms don't reflect the value. In change, the lobby is stunning; nice place to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine or the entire bottle.
Unfortunately, we did not have the chance to enjoy the pool for too long....most of time, it was closed.
Indeed, he resort is beautiful, . and there are so many things to do and see.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We didn't actually stay here but we went for lunch at beaches and cream restaurant, so we had a good look around the resort after lunch.
The staff were very friendly, each person said hello to us, the hotel is stunning, so clean and immaculate, the pool is huge and areas for all ages.
It's right opposite the boardwalk so has stunning views of the boardwalk, plus a lovely promenade to walk along, there was loads of parking available and very friendly staff on the gate.
If I could afford it I would definitely stay here as it's just beautiful and so much to do within the resort.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Boston Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Can't say enough about the yacht club resort.
Rooms: deluxe, lots room for 5 people, quiet
Hotel: walking distance to Epcot and so many restaurant options,
Can't be beat
Pool: huge, lots of room, great fun slides for big and little kids, loved sandy bottom pool!! Great snacks and meals poolside, lots of shade if needed and quiet areas
Resort: beautiful place to walk around the lake, pretty flowers
Staff are great
We switched resorts at the end to riverside and it was easy process !
Would highly recommend resort and can't wait to return

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This beautiful hotel offers an exceptional setting and easy walking pathway to Epcot. Greatly enjoyed our lovely, large room overlooking the lagoon with fireworks reflecting on the water nightly from Epcot. The toiletry amenities were exceptional with the inclusion of sunscreen and refreshing mint foot cream. And who doesn't like to come back to their room dotted with towel characters? So fun!

Great pools to refresh yourself in after a long day at one of the parks. But it's also nice to just sit in one of the sandy beach areas and watch the boats go by.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the lagoon so you can enjoy nightly Epcot fireworks from your balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very similar vibe to Grand Floridan , a little cheaper but in some aspects the Yacht Club is the best Disney hotel being on the boardwalk and walking distance to the various bars and restaurants in that locality . Rooms are large, clean , nautically themed and upmarket . The lobby bar doubles as a morning coffee shop , great open space lobby area , restaurants , and superb landscaping and access to Epcot by complimentary boat shuttle. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!