My husband and two teenagers headed to the Yacht Club after the Hard Rock Hotel and Universal/Islands of Adventure, and we were in for a treat! I am not a big Disney person, and I normally wouldn't give this 5-stars, but the kind of trip we were seeking - it fit the bill! The pool is big and shares with neighboring Beach Club Resort. It wasn't as tropical-feeling as The Hard Rock Hotel pool, but it was still top-notch. If you have older kids, it's a great choice because you are within walking distance to Epcot and the Boardwalk; offering great dining choices and ambiance.
We opted to upgrade to the Club level at both hotels (Hard Rock and Yacht Club). Comparing the two, Yacht Club was 1000 times better than Hard Rock (maybe we just hit the wrong week at HRH, but it didn't measure up to what YC offered on the menu). With the Club level, you have access to a dining lounge, with free food... and there was a lot of it! It was by no means a full buffet at each dining time, but it certainly filled us up with great options of hot and cold food.. so much so, that we didn't need to eat out. We did eat out one night at The Flying Fish, and we should have saved our money - the food at the hotel was great, not to mention the free wine, beer, aperitifs, cordials, soda, etc. The Flying Fish seemed like flying money... the food wasn't as good as the reviews said, and it was $$$ for a family of four.
Our first trip to Disney was all about the parks, and we did the Deluxe Dining Plan, which was awesome and well worth it (we stayed at one of the economy hotels, and put our money to the Dining plan). This trip was more about spending time at the nicer hotel, with the added upgrade and access to all-you-can eat/drink breakfast, lunch (just snacks), dinner apps, and dessert. The club-level is well worth considering if you have a limited budget, but want to stay in one of the luxury hotels at Disney. Enjoy!
PS: the Service/staff was over the top excellent too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort