“Great location but ....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #80 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great location but ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

An air of snobbery fills this place and you would think the reception staff actually own the hotel. I think they treat each individual differently and your treatment will depend upon what handbag you carry and what jewellery you wear ! The television was not working in our room however I will give them credit for repairing it prior to us returning from the park. The view from the room (3226) was amazing ... Several air conditioning units ! I did not sleep at all due to a generator clanging all night ! Only stayed for 1 night so did not think it was worth mentioning. Left at 8am in the morning. On the positive side the location is fabulous, Epcot is our favourite park and we can walk to it from this hotel (that is the only reason we stay for the night so my partner can have a drink with his dinner because he won't drink and drive). Foolish me would probably stay again for the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Thai first
Arvada, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I brought my daughter and her best friend here for my daughter's 12th birthday. It was our second time at WDW and our first time staying at a Disney resort. We loved it. The girls had a wonderful time and we all commented on the incredible service. In addition, we enjoyed the fantastic pool, Beaches and Cream, and the close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Thanks to everyone for making my daughter's birthday special. We are now DVC owners (this was in the works prior to our trip) and much to the chagrin of my daughter, the Yacht Club is not a DVC resort, so we're hoping to luck out and get a reservation at the Beach Club Villas one of these days. We had a ground floor room by the quiet pool, and it was perfect for the girls with no noise from upstairs at all. Housekeeping was excellent. No maintenance issues. We also ordered groceries from Garden Grocer, and Bell Services brought them to our room for us. Seamless. Our boarding passes were printed out for us and placed under the door prior to our departure, and I was able to get a courtesy late check-out. On the negative side, we spent a lot of money, but that was my fault for not reigning in the girls' spending. All in all, we really did have a magical vacation, and we are so grateful to everyone at the Yacht Club for making it so special.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great example of what disney is all about magic!! I loved staying here and ironically its a hotel I seen little of as I was always exploring the parks! However for a base you simply can not get any better. The hotel is so clean and the pool area is great. The food and bar offers decent value for money and is only a few minutes walk from the dual pianos and club atlantic which are decent nights out. The staff make this hotel, nothing at all is to much trouble one spent fiften minutes helping me with directions to a neighbouring hotel. If your going to disney this hotel should be on your radar no real faults that I can think of ask for a room with lake view or view of epcot. I did not get this but a friend of mine did and the firework display is truly spectacular!! If you book it enjoy your time you won't regret it!!

• Stayed April 2013
new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

pros , had a good time at the yacht club, location was perfect, for epcot and hollywood studios, good food , pools were fun, cons, toilet backed up, took an hour for fixing situation, would have liked to have seen an itemized invoice on AAA package plan

Room Tip: get room facing boardwalk lagoon
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Yacht Club several times. The staff is always helpful. Rooms are a good size. The Yacht Club is quieter than the similar Beach Club. Shared pool area is great, large, sand filled bottom. Quit pools are good for a break from the crowds. Easy entrance to EPCOT. Lobby is a fun place to people watch.

Room Tip: If you can get an EPCOT view, it is fun to watch the fireworks fro your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Yes, i will not forget the sweet memory of my 4 day sojourn at the Disney's Yacht club. The staff are very friendly as they make you feel comfortable and very much at home. The weather in Orlando is also moderate, so intending visitors should not bother about harsh weather condition. Everywhere you look at around Disney Yacht Club is adorned with green and lavish vegetation.
In fact, I began my vacation the moment I stepped off the plane at Orlando international airport. Worthy of mention is the services offered by Disney’s Magical Express. It accorded me with opportunity to enjoy the complimentary Motor coach transportation with my luggage to and from Orlando International Airport. Visiting Orlando for the first time, Disney’s magical Express had indeed lessened my burden by bypassing the usual time wasted at the airport luggage claiming centers. It also afforded me the opportunity to avoid the hassle and cost of driving or finding ground transportation. I received my boarding pass at the hotel reception counter and enjoyed the same seamless transportation services from the hotel to the airport on the day of my departure.
In a nutshell, Disney’s Yacht Club offers something special to every visitor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Came here for a short 4 days stay (not visiting the parks) to just relax and enjoy tagging along on spouse's business trip. First off- did not pay for the room otherwise would have never stayed here. It is very, very, very expensive (starts at $400-$500 per night off season). For the amount of money charged for the room you would expect much more, but what you get is something very comparable to a Holiday Inn Express (nice, large, clean room, but nothing fancy at all). Housekeeping did a great job and all the staff across the entire resort were very friendly and helpful. Going with the Disney theme of course any and all food/drink is very expensive but you are smack dab in the middle of the Disney properties so you have no choice. I did order delivery one night for pizza for a break on the wallet. The fitness center is very small too offering only 5 treadmills and 4 elipticals for cardio. Limited weights/machines. This is considering the resort (fitness center also serves the beach club) serves 3000-5000 guests at anytime, it was difficult to find a open machine at most times. However the outdoor gardens, lake, the close proximity to the boardwalk area, epcot, and animation studios parks is very nice (walking distance or a water taxi ride). Also the pool areas were great! Lazy river, a large sand bottom pool area, a beach style pool (zero entry from a sand beach), a very large and fun waterslide, a kids pool, numerous hot tubs, and also 3 other quiet/regular pools with hot tubs. Had fun and really enjoyed the area but would never pay to stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms on the sides and backside offer a balcony to either garden, lake, or pool as the front one...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!