“Second Timer, Can You Say French Breakfast @ Epcot?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #84 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Second Timer, Can You Say French Breakfast @ Epcot?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel after a six year hiatus. I'm used to hotels showing some age after a while (see my profile), but not here. Really great job they do on the upkeep. The location is great for strolling into Epcot for french breakfasts every morning, and then around the Boardwalk for dinners most nights. Buses to the MK arrive all the time, and take only 10-15 minutes to drop you at the front gates - really convenient, and I say that generally disliking bus travel (same with my daughter, and this works for her as well).

Pros: The rooms are rather large, or certainly are for four adult sized people. Even with a double queen, there was a sort-of hidden day bed which my daughter claimed. The rooms overlooking the "quiet" pool (on the far side away from the main pool) were quiet enough only after about 10 pm when all the kids were shooed away. Our room had a balcony which was great for starting the day with b'fast, and ending the day with a little restful breather. All the greenery around all walkways and whatnot really served to make the views nice and keep down the noise. Staff here are fantastic, and ready to answer any and all questions. The "beach" pool is simply awesome for kids - there is actual sand laid down so that parts of the pool really are a beach with chlorine instead of salt water. The pirate slide was a blast for my son and me. The other location consideration was that we could take one of the fun boats into Hollywood Studios. We had stayed at the Polynesian one visit, and were quite disappointed, despite being on the monorail. Frankly, after our first trip to the YC, we said it was far superior, and frankly our second visit here re-confirmed that. In fact, I think we got to the park faster by bus than the several times we had to let monorails go by because of crowding when we stayed on the MK property itself.

Cons: Well, you'll certainly get your exercise walking to the room and back (TG for bathrooms in the lobby - hah!). I had fun watching my directionally challenged wife get lost a couple times walking to the room because the hallways jag left and right all over the place. Yes, you'll hear kids in the hallways walking by, so if you're a mid-day napper this hotel may not be for you. We spent all our days outside, so by the time we got back to our rooms, we were so tired that a little hallway noise wasn't going to bother us. Finally, one aggravating nitpick. You can't use a computer to get your boarding passes. They'll do it for you, which at first seems great. But if you run into a problem, as I did, then it becomes a real hassle because you can't fix it without walking the concierge through letter by agonizing letter (not word, I had to spell!). I just gave up and got my passes at the airport.

Overall, we would stay here again just because the location so fits our style of traveling.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony really does make the beginnings and ends of the day more enjoyable. Just bewa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
HURON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The location of the Yacht Club couldn't be beat. It was a short walk to Epcot (10 minutes) and still walking distance to Hollywood Studios (20 minutes). You could also take a boat to both of these locations. The hotel itself was nicely decorated. We had a pool view which looked onto the lake. The pool was great with a sandy bottom, many hot tubs and plenty of chairs. We found a staircase right outside our door which made it easy to go in and out of the hotel. The only downside was the bus to Downtown Disney. We had to wait at least 30 minutes during the day and it made several stops before getting to DD. A taxi would have been a better use of time if you are in a hurry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Girona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start off by saying, I worked here for a short period of time. I do not work there now and Please do not consider this as a promotion of the Yacht club. This place is great, starting with the service at the front desk, to the small details, they try take care of it for you. You just have to let them know if you need anything. The hotel is connected to the beach club next door and you will use the pool there and it has a sand bottom. It feels great to feel sand on the bottom of your feet. Oh! did I mention there is great ice cream at beaches and cream and one of my favorite restaurants the Yachtsmans steak house !!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

There are any number of nice resorts @ Disneyworld, but we chose The Yacht Club resort for our recent stay for of its location. It's easy walking distance to Epcot... 10 minutes if you stroll. It's also a quick boat ride away from HollyWood Studios... 12 minutes tops, and the boats come every 12 minutes. In true Disney style, the logistics work beautifully. As for the hotel itself, its great if you have kids. They have an enormous pool and waterside... the largest @ DisneyWorld. The rooms are fine, nothing special. And ours had a couple annoying quirks: several fixtures did not have working lightbulbs, and our bathroom door banged into the base of the toilet.

On the positive side, we were surprised by the high quality of the food at the restaurants. The Captain's Grille was great for breakfast and dinner, and we especially enjoyed the Lemon Hotcakes.

In all likelihood, you're not going to spend a great deal of time in your hotel room @ Disney. If you're looking for a central location from which to begin your adventures, this is a good one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have stayed at many of the Disney resorts and this is at the top of the list! The resort and grounds are beautiful. The location can't be beat, you have a choice of taking a boat or walking to both Epcot or Hollywood Studios. HS is probably better by boat since you are so close to the dock. The room was extremely clean and crisp looking. We were in the wing closest to the boardwalk so we were a little far from the lobby but we rarely had a need to go to the lobby. One drawback, if you are thirsty and want to refill your mug, it's a far walk and the one time I decided to go to the lobby for a refill, the place had already closed. I did not use the pool as it was a little cool and windy, but we have used the pool complex when staying at the Beach Club and it was very crowded. You can take a 5 minute stroll over to the boardwalk area and have many food options. It's a bit pricey, but for a special trip, I would highly recommend staying at the Yacht Club. I would describe it as a more adult feel, rather than with little kids. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: We did pay to have an upgraded garden view room and I felt that put us in a a better, quieter locati...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time at Disney's Yacht Club! At check in, I was greeted promptly and courteously after a long, grueling day of travel. Guest services was able to accommodate my request for a King room as opposed to two queens on the ground floor. The room faced the marina and Disney's Boardwalk and provided a lovely view. The bathroom was adequate, but lacked in shower pressure for my taste, but offered a nice assortment of Disney's H20 facial soap, grapefruit and bergamot shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotions. The hair dryer provided was 1875 watts and worked adequately. There are plenty of towels & washcloths provided. There were two closets, one with a keyed safe to store small valuables. There was a Cuisinart cup by cup coffee maker with pods and the coffee was fabulous! There is a small sink, and a small refrigerator in the room as well. The wireless worked flawlessly and is free to all guests. The king size bed was comfortable with lots of pillows, but I would have enjoyed a heavier cover in the cooler weather. If you plan on nodding off early, don't be surprised to be awakened by Epcot's fireworks at 9 p.m. which you can see from the resort. If you're too weary to travel off site and want to eat outside, Hurricane Hannah's serves food and drinks by the pool. The service there was excellent! Have Noel, Mark or Tom make one of your favorite drinks! Beaches and Cream boasts the best malts, shakes and burgers, in fact, the best burger I had was the Angus with blue cheese, an onion ring, bacon and lettuce and tomato on freshly baked buns. Cost was $15 USD. Julie cooked me the perfect burger there and service again was quick and courteous! I also enjoyed a new york strip at the Captain's Grill which was 10 oz and ran about $30 USD. Pedro was our server and was attentive and responsive. The pool area is heated, and there is a waterslide for children. There is a quieter pool on premises as well, although I did not use it. The Crew Lounge also has limited seating, but great for after work happy hour or convention wrap up - Sheila was our server and was superfast at keeping the drinks flowing :) Laundry runs about $2.00 a load for washing & drying, but if traveling with children for long periods of time, you'll enjoy having the service. Bring your walking shoes and a sweatshirt or jacket in the spring - a souvenier hoodie will set you back $60. If using Disney's Magical Express Shuttle Service, plan on 1 hr or so to arrive at the Yacht Club from MCO. Upon checkout the staff will print your boarding pass, take care of your luggage and ensure you are booked on a shuttle or assist with a cab. Overall, this hotel is a very nice stay for a convention or family vacation because of it's service, and location. Disney definitely prioritzes catering to its guests first and will accommodate your requests if they are able. Have fun!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 7days the facility is ok could use some updates, got to the resort at 9:30pm on a Saturday night, all the restaurants were closed except the bar, we shared a table with someone else and the serving staff just couldn't keep up. I had to clean off the table from previous patrons and later had to find plates & cutlery for us to use. Next morning for breakfast we had to Waite 20 minutes for a table, only to find lots of empty tables in the restaurant the same thing later in the week. I believe they don't staff well enough to handle the volume. You are somewhat trapped once you are on the resort. As there aren't many options near by, the board walk is near but many of the restaurants are open limited hours.
We noticed room service dished in the hallways for up to 24 hours before being picked up and garbage in the stairwell for 48 hours before being picked up. Not what I expected for the price and from Disney.

A good experience most of the time but they need to get the details right

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!