“Excellent family friendly resort!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #72 of 332 Hotels in Orlando
Bristow, Virginia
“Excellent family friendly resort!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just returned from a four day three night stay at the Yacht Club. LOVED staying there. The rooms were very clean (bathroom a bit small). The pools are great for kids as small as one and older kids as well. The water slides (2) were great. They had entertainment/competitions for kids poolside starting around 12. At 530, they had a campfire by the lake and at 7, they had an outdoor family friendly movie. What a nice touch. You can view Epcot's fireworks from the dock at the water ferry. I rented a stroller from Magic Strollers and it was delivered to the Bell Desk. I shipped a case of water to the resort ahead of time and picked it up from the package office at the hotel when I arrived. We walked over to the character breakfast buffet at the Beach Resort. Such a nice location!

Room Tip: You may be able to view Epcot's Fireworks from your room if you are higher than the third floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Thai first
New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I came to the Yacht Club for a conference and turned my two travel days into "vacation days". I would have given the resort a rating of just "good" because the rooms were very small and the hotel reminded me of "The Shining" because it was so windy and confusing. However, the staff was so helpful and the food was so good that I felt it definitely deserved a "very good". The main pool is a lot of fun to hang out in and if you want quiet there is a small, much more private adult pool in the back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alvor, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This a real 5 start resort. The only thing i regret about this place is the fact my parents never brought me here when i was young.
Definitely will bring my kids and stay here once they are older.

Highly recommended. Restaurants are Very good and staff is very professional. Rooms are big, comfy and very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Disney Yacht Club was the venue of choice for a conference I attended. The grounds are lovely and there is the Disney touch that you would expect from a Disney property (i.e. mickey mouse towel arrangement on the bed), but this is a more relaxed Disney experience. The conference rooms and catering were better than I expected and quite nice. The room was comfortable, the bathroom was quaint, but the walls were thin and when it is busy...it is loud. Amenities for the rooms could be upgraded (i.e. the iron was leaving black junk on my clothes) and wifi was a lost cause (I couldn't stay connected). The staff was very accommodating and the food outside of the conference buffet was average. I do hope to stay here again if I come back to Disney.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Asheboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, I expected more from Disney! Our visit was feb 9-13 for a NADA dealer convention! I had a blast while we were there, but the hotel was honestly average to me. The cast members could have done a lot more to go above and beyond. In my opinion, I honestly didn't feel they were really trying to make us feel magical. At check in on Saturday night there were a few awesome ladies helping us at the desk, I must say. But other than that- I was not impressed. Nor was I impressed with the food... AT ALL! Room service SUCKS! First- you wait on hold for at least 10 minutes to order. THEN an hour for the food to get there.... Just for it to taste awful. I got the chefs pasta creation and it was terrible. My husband and I both had that actually and two $3 cans of coke... and with the $11 gratuity that was added- our nasty pasta meal cost us $70!!!!! What a rip off! The rooms were nice and clean though, that is the ONLY reason I gave a decent review!

• Stayed February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent one week on the concierge level at the Yacht Club.

The overall impression I have from my week there is that this hotel is run with more precision, more pride, than the other hotels.

Some especially high points include the following:

Before arriving, we asked for a room that was on a corner so we could have 2 windows as my wife does not like closed in spaces. I was shocked they arranged for the room without even a second request. This was an especially nice gesture.

In departure, the bell service and taxi were ready on command - something lacking at Bay Lake Tower in December.

The gift shop was well appointed and the staff there could not have been nicer.

The room service was excellent - timely, good selection, and the order was right every time.

The food and beverage outlets were very good.

There are a couple of significant improvements which need to be made in order to achieve 5 stars from me.

First, there is a pungent odor in the hallway of the 5th floor on the beach club side that just should not exist at a hotel like this. Its gross.

Second, if you are wondering whether the concierge lounge is worth the extra money - we vote no. We paid with disney vacation points so it was not as big a deal for us, but the personnel looked like an amalgamation of social misfits whose uniforms only added to the comedy. The "cordials" and breakfast were pitiful. There was little variety, even less seating, and it is hyped way out of proportion in these comments. They wouldn't even keep fresh bottled water available you had to ask for it. Don't waste your money for this.

Finally, the fellow who distributes the arm bands at the pool - a shorter, stocky gray headed fellow - is a real jerk. You give a guy a little power.....

But overall the property was well run. It has a great location within walking distance to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The pool, sans the constant games and dancing, was top notch.

Recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our first stay at the Yacht Club. We stayed across the lake at the Boardwalk Inn last year. Both great hotels, but have to give the Yacht Club the edge thanks to it's pool. Giant slide, lazy river and sand bottom. Boardwalk Inn has a good pool, but not as good as the Yacht / Beach Club. A great way to spend some time between parks. And speaking of parks, super easy walk to Epcot and doable walk to Hollywood Studios (or take the boat right outside the hotel). I can't think of anything negative to say about this place (though it is expensive, but so are all the other luxery resorts at Disney). We plan on staying there again this year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family