“Tighter operation - with exceptions - than any other disney resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #80 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Louisville, Kentucky
“Tighter operation - with exceptions - than any other disney resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent one week on the concierge level at the Yacht Club.

The overall impression I have from my week there is that this hotel is run with more precision, more pride, than the other hotels.

Some especially high points include the following:

Before arriving, we asked for a room that was on a corner so we could have 2 windows as my wife does not like closed in spaces. I was shocked they arranged for the room without even a second request. This was an especially nice gesture.

In departure, the bell service and taxi were ready on command - something lacking at Bay Lake Tower in December.

The gift shop was well appointed and the staff there could not have been nicer.

The room service was excellent - timely, good selection, and the order was right every time.

The food and beverage outlets were very good.

There are a couple of significant improvements which need to be made in order to achieve 5 stars from me.

First, there is a pungent odor in the hallway of the 5th floor on the beach club side that just should not exist at a hotel like this. Its gross.

Second, if you are wondering whether the concierge lounge is worth the extra money - we vote no. We paid with disney vacation points so it was not as big a deal for us, but the personnel looked like an amalgamation of social misfits whose uniforms only added to the comedy. The "cordials" and breakfast were pitiful. There was little variety, even less seating, and it is hyped way out of proportion in these comments. They wouldn't even keep fresh bottled water available you had to ask for it. Don't waste your money for this.

Finally, the fellow who distributes the arm bands at the pool - a shorter, stocky gray headed fellow - is a real jerk. You give a guy a little power.....

But overall the property was well run. It has a great location within walking distance to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The pool, sans the constant games and dancing, was top notch.

Recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our first stay at the Yacht Club. We stayed across the lake at the Boardwalk Inn last year. Both great hotels, but have to give the Yacht Club the edge thanks to it's pool. Giant slide, lazy river and sand bottom. Boardwalk Inn has a good pool, but not as good as the Yacht / Beach Club. A great way to spend some time between parks. And speaking of parks, super easy walk to Epcot and doable walk to Hollywood Studios (or take the boat right outside the hotel). I can't think of anything negative to say about this place (though it is expensive, but so are all the other luxery resorts at Disney). We plan on staying there again this year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I are in town for training, well my husband is.... I just came along. It's a GM training at Disney Institute and we are at the Yacht Club resort.
Just so everyone knows I am very picky about hotels and how I get treated. From the second we arrived at the gate to the hotel I felt like I was part of a royal family. We were greeted by a cast member that started asking us about our trip, as we came in the front door other Disney cast members greeted us. As we past by checkin I wondered where we were going but didn't ask.
We got on elevator and cast member said we were going upstairs to checkin.
We had been upgraded to club level just because they wanted to and it was open.
Now let me say that if I had not even been upgraded I would still have been happy just because of the beauty and cleanliness of this hotel.
Now let me say I do love the fact that we were upgraded just because of the extra perks!! Free snacks and drinks all day. Not just a bag of chips!! They had hot and cold foods from the chefs kitchen. Fancy cheese trays, veggie rolls, spring rolls, veggie trays and dips. Other things I didn't even know what it was but it was wonderful. Again I am a picky person. And lets not forget all the free drinks you want. soda, tea, beer, wine, juices, coffee and water. Depending on the time of day the food changes. My favorite part had to be the desserts that started at 8 p.m.!! Yummy!!
We have only been here for one night and I can honestly say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. We still have much to do and lots of good places to eat at Epcot which I have done and know I love.
The grounds are awesome and when I return with my kids to orlando I will never stay anywhere but Disney.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We picked this hotel because it had the largest pool, but the real star was the location. Easy walk to Epcot and boardwalk activities, short boat ride to Hollywood studios. Monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom, and the only bus we needed to take was to Animal Kingdom. We didn't use the big pool but the quiet pool off the back side of the hotel was perfect and we had it to ourselves in the morning and the evening. This is the perfect hotel for adults.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th year running at Disney Yacht and Beach Resort. The location and Disney atmosphere is great, food is slightly expensive, along with beverage cost on average. Possibly the best of all Disney hotels with easy transport and access to all of the parks.

Staff as usual are pleased to help and always very very friendly and welcoming.

But alas, our trip was a mixture of business and pleasure and yet again the Wifi is not up to 'business' class, the reception always states that at peak times the Wifi is flaky. Is this acceptable at this day and age? Many hotels I stay at don't kick you off the network every 10, 15 or 20 ish minutes, it's frustrating at times, but it seems this is the way it's going to be at Disney resort hotels.

It's a shame as it dampens what could be a 100% positive stay.

For a pure vacation resort, you couldn't ask for much more than a stay in this wonderfully enchanting place, for kids young and old alike.

• Stayed January 2013
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club concierge level for our Honeymoon. It was wonderful! First of all, the smell of the resort is so nice! It smelled as fresh as an ocean city. It's amazing how they can do that. Staff, so friendly! Concierge level, well worth it for sure!! (Loved the warm homemade potato chips every afternoon along with the fresh lemonade!). The pool is the best on all of Disney property. White sand bottom! Beaches and Cream is a little diner on property. So yummy! The best burger and sundaes to die for!
Great location! Short walk to Epcot. Short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. Great night life just next door on the Boardwalk. Just a really great spot!
We loved it there so much, we bought a vacation club at the Beach club villas (adjoining resort).

Room Tip: If you can, spring for the concierge level. Well worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Once we got through the hour-long check-in ordeal, our stay at the Yacht Club was very nice. It'a not a 5-star resort due to the lack of personalization and individual attention, but the location is excellent and the staff very helpful.

Our check-in problem was the fault of the Disney central reservations computer. I knew it was coming because I had talked to a Disney agent the day before and (while I already had mysteriously received an upgrade) she couldn't properly access the reservation. I really think that upgrade was given to us in advance, knowing there was a problem- and it DID help my attitude. When we did finally arrive at our room, it was not set up for five so that involved another call to the front desk, and we were quickly moved next door.

After that, things went well. The hotel is much quieter than its sister hotel, so much so that it was a shock to the system to enter the Beach Club Marketplace at 9 am. with not quite enough coffee on board. Yikes! Also, the cookie smell there was cloyingly sweet, I much preferred the balsam of the Yacht Club (this was over Christmas). If you want a place to escape from the overstimulation of Disney World, the Yacht Club is the place. It was a welcome, quiet retreat at the end of every busy Disney day.

We had numerous small issues during our stay- Dive Quest billing problems, lost tickets, numerous gift cards to put on our account, a scooter rental, etc. All were handled with ease by the friendly staff. Housekeeping was adequate, although inexplicably frugal with the toiletries- which were fine but not outstanding.

The room was nice, if small- the quality of the furnishings was really much better than I expected. We enjoyed our upgrade to the water view.

Room service was not great, however. Here's where the service really fell short. All we wanted was a fruit & cheese or large appetizer plate to accompany wine we bought from Tutto Gusto. No go. They needed 24 hour notice to work up something not on the menu (and honestly, it should have been on the menu- there are mostly adults staying here).

It's a nice hotel, but scratch the surface and it's still mass-produced Disney- just mass produced at a higher level of quality, which for us was fine, as we were there for its location and quiet atmosphere, not to be pampered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!