Our family of 5 had a difficult time finding a WDW resort that would take 5 people (4 is the norm) without renting 2 rooms. The Yacht Club fit the bill, even if the bill was high. We were very excited to discover upon arrival that we had been upgraded to the club level. We didn't really know what this meant until we were escorted to the top floor with a hotel host.
Again the service was excellent at club level check in, and we were super excited about the club level perks. Snacks in the morning, mid day, and evening. Sodas and juice for the kids and drinks for the adults. We didn't want to ask why we were getting this level of service, and were afraid to ask. Other guests would wonder why we had a magic room key that would take the elevator to the top floor (theirs did not).
The best part of the entire 8 night trip to WDW was our club level hosts and hostess, especially Shakira (not the singer). She always had a smile and really wanted to know how our day went.
The pool here is incredible. Granted, we went in summer and during tropical storm Debby no less. I dare you to find a finer pool for all ages at any hotel in the USA. What other pools have soft sand on the bottom? It is so good, you need to show your room key to the attendants at the pool entrance to keep other WDW hotels guests out!
Other reviewers on this site have praised the transportation and proximity to Epcot, so I won't elaborate on this. We walked to Epcot in 8 minutes, took a boat to Hollywood Studios, and used the bus for other parks.
Our only restaurant encounter was for ice cream at Beaches and Cream. All the others were way out of our price range, so we either ate the club level snacks or went to one of the parks. We had little interaction with non club level Yacht Club staff, so we didn't experience many of the other reviewers frustrations.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht Club
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a lakeside Disney Deluxe Resort featuring lush landscaping and the formal grace of a grand New England yacht club. Designed by architect Robert A.M. Stern—known for his East Coast beach houses—this splendid 5-story Resort transports Guests to the summertime Shingle Style hotels of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.