“Beautiful Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #81 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Johanessburg, Gauteng
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the disney yacht club resort. We had a great time, the only thing that put me off was the 18 - 20% tip they demand with the breakfast. If you put 10% or 15% some of the waitresses will not accept the tip which I find rude and ungrateful.

The staff was helpful and friendly in general and did their best to make us aware of flight details or other personal details. However if you do not want a long delay or have to leave the hotel more than 3 hours before your flight check your bags in at the hotel for most flights and take a cab to the airport. You have to stop at 3 other resorts after the yacht and beach club to pick up other commuters on the magical express.

The walking distance to Epcot is about 12 -20 minutes for people who don't usually walk and for the athletes or those who walk alot it would take about 5 - 8 minutes. I would suggest you take the ferry there if you don't enjoy walking or to take the bus to hollywood studios and catch another bus to Epcot. If its your first time going to disney please make sure you get all the details of how to get around from the hotel staff and make sure to ask your bus drivers questions too. Failure to ask questions will result in unecessary stress, walking and tension.

I hope this helps someone.

Room Tip: Its a 4 story hotel so a room on all four sides (south, north, east or west) won't make a differ...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I would not have booked a room myself at the Yacht Club, but as it was the site for a conference I attended in November 2012, I reserved to be at the meeting location. I must say I was very impressed with the property itself as well as the convenience of the location for trips to Epcot as well as the Disney Boardwalk shops and restaurants.

The rooms were well-appointed and attractively decorated (not as loaded with kitschy Disney stuff as some of the moderate and lower-end Disney properties, but tastefully done). The beds were very comfortable and the small balcony I had was great for late afternoon and early morning fresh air.

Epcot and the Boardwalk are both easy walks from the resort. The resort staff ("cast") members were unfailingly pleasant and many went far above and beyond expectations to be helpful (one particular standout: I was looking for a small travel-sized bottle of hairspray, and a clerk at the sundries store at the resort not only went into the back stock room to look for one, but she also called the adjoining Beach Club resort to get one for me!).

We also had a very fine group meal at Cat Cora's Kouzzina, just across the small "lake" and accessible by a five- to ten-minute walk or boat ride.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, I am an adult, no children Disney Traveler. I DO take nieces and nephews there often, but this hotel would be more suited for adult travelers who do not require lots of whistles and bells!

I have stayed at this resort twice- May 2012 and September 2012. If possible, I will never choose another Disney resort! DYC is fantastic! The pool- OH THE POOL- is great! It is shared with the Beach Club and is truly one of the best reasons to stay at this resort. There is a pool side bar that is awesome and they are refurbishing and I cannot wait to see what the new bar will look like! Location is also great- walk to Epcot or Boardwalk attractions- lost of adult places- bars, etc., but a fun place to walk with kids, too!

I stayed at DYC on the club level both times. The first time I was scheduled there. The second time, we were booked at Disney's Beach Club on the Club Level- three adults, one child- and we needed adjoining rooms. Disney very kindly made accommodations for us to move. I was thrilled as were my brother and his wife! We loved it there and were SO happy we made the switch! The rooms were higher quality in cleanliness and amenities. The rooms are more modern, the linens seem to be of better quality- even the shampoo is different! A more high-end setting. The lobby offers a quiet atmosphere with a great bar and a sitting area- we made use of this lobby bar a couple of times. Try the Lobster Slider Rolls!!!! YUMMY!

Club Level lounge offered delicious food options and as expected, Disney staff were amazing! The hotel in general is more quiet but maintains the Disney magic! Even the gift shop has a higher end selection. A great choice and I will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if possible- a nice way to relax after a long day at the parks!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We decided we'd try the Epcot area this time. We rejected Beach Club because we like a full balcony or patio and Luna Park at Boardwalk looked kind of creepy (although, it's not in person)...so we picked Yacht Club and booked a garden view room.

We got a few smiles when we arrived at the Yacht Club, but if was far from the warm welcome we've received at other Disney resorts. There was no line at check in, the online checkin process made things go quickly, and our room was ready...but the guy helping us at the front desk was rather abrupt. I appreciated his efficiency, but he was so robotic and lacked all levels of emotion that I had to question for a moment if I was actually checking into a Disney resort. i.e. his behavior was so far from the magical norm.

We had a ton of bags, so I made the quick walk over to bell services and the rude woman there made the cold guy at the front desk look much better. She seemed bothered to even have to talk to me. So, we followed her directions and spoke to someone outside to help us with our bags. I'd have two more run ins with this grumpy woman during our stay...and she was equally cranky every time. Thankfully, the guy helping us with our bags at least seemed pretty friendly. We also encountered a new Yacht Club greeter while we were out there who would be the only cast member we'd encounter for our entire stay there who actually grasped the concept of Disney magic.

We get to our room...which was on the other end of the planet...pretty much at the Swan...but at least it's nice. We're on the very end...have two windows on the length of the room and a nice patio facing a quiet pool. We could even see a little bit of the water feeding in on the side of the hotel from those side windows. While my younger child wound up having allergic reactions to something in the room, as a whole- the room was clean, spacious, had a nice view, and quite comfortable and quiet.

The majority of the hotel was pretty well maintained...they were even painting the baseboards in the halls while we were there (the contractors were actually some of the most pleasant people at the hotel!). The only real complaint was an odd number of large bleach marks in the common area carpeting. It was very odd. Housekeeping was also odd. Our housekeeper was nice (and did a great job with our room), but I'd usually wish the other housekeepers "good morning" in passing and I got these looks like I had 3 heads, and sometimes a stiff forced good morning in reply.

Yacht Club is so close to Beach Club that you have a lot of restaurants that are a pretty quick walk from your room. Swan, Dolphin, and Boardwalk are also fairly close if you want to dine at any of those. In fact, if you have tickets or passes, it's super easy to get to Epcot or Hollywood Studios for a bite to eat from here too. The only real complaint food wise is the pathetic lack of real quick service in the area. All of the other deluxe Disney hotels we've stayed at or frequented have a decent quick service. Ale & Compass is a joke...what a waste of space. I know Beach Club Marketplace is an option, but it still is a pretty sad excuse for quick service when you look at Captain Cook's, Roaring Fork, and Contempo Cafe to name a few. It also makes refillable mugs less of an incentive. On top of that, I think the Ale & Compass employees who do handle refilling mugs in the AM took some crabby lessons from the woman at bell services, because they were also all out of sorts when we went there. Maybe it wouldn't seem as bad if Hurricane Hanna's had been open.

It was a bit too chilly for us to do pool time, but Stormalong Bay looks very cool. Of course, my kids were more into Luna Park when we walked over to Boardwalk, but I think if they were a few years older...they would have been all over the pool...regardless of temps.

One of the real bright spots at Yacht Club...BUS SERVICE! I was concerned because we had several early mornings at the Magic Kingdom. I don't think we ever waited more than 3 minutes for a bus...at any time of day. It was a HUGE relief!

While it's there for transportation purposes, we really liked having the boat service...just to take up some time on our relaxation days. Just a very nice way to spend some of your down time.

We have decided after this stay that we prefer to stay in a Magic Kingdom area resort. That is not Yacht Club's fault...its shortcomings just made it easier for us to see this. Still- if I were talking to friends about where to stay...I'd never recommend Yacht Club. It had its positives and maybe I'd be less critical if it weren't a Disney resort, but anyone who stays onsite knows you pay a premium for the 24/7 magic. The Yacht Club was far from magical, and since I feel ripped off by this lack of magic, it will never see our business again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed here for the last 4 years for the Disney Marathon. The hotel is a classic Disney hotel, clean and predictable. The location is fantastic. All you need to do is walk out the back and you've got a 5 minute walk into Epcot.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As with any Disney resort you know the service is going to be good and the property is going to be immaculate. Main benefits of this resort are that it is part of the Disney Boardwalk area and very close to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you like walking than you can get get to both parks along the beautifully manicured walkways leading to each. The pool area is among the best for Disney resorts. You are also within walking distance to the Swan and Dolphin Hotels along with two very nice mini put courses. If you are price conscious than I would choose Disney's moderate hotel Coronado Springs Resort over Yacht Club as you are not giving up much and saving a lot of money.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I attended a conference held at the Yacht Club's conference center and stayed on site. As most other reviews state, the location is hard to beat. And location is definitely what allows the Yacht Club to charge the rates they do. The 5 minute walk to both Epcot and the Boardwalk make for fast and easy access to these venues and eliminates some of the waiting at bus stops (note: allow 20-30 mins to get from the Yacht Club to Downtown Disney via shuttle). However, for the Yacht Club to be considered a "Deluxe" resort in the Disney hierarchy is a stretch. It is not a bad hotel, their have been attempts to update the rooms, but to be able to charge the same rates as Animal Kingdom and the Wilderness Lodges, is truly unbelievable (again, location). Our next trip to Disney will definitely be spent at either of these two latter lodges.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!