“One of the best pool areas in Disney” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #72 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woodbridge, Canada
“One of the best pool areas in Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As with any Disney resort you know the service is going to be good and the property is going to be immaculate. Main benefits of this resort are that it is part of the Disney Boardwalk area and very close to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you like walking than you can get get to both parks along the beautifully manicured walkways leading to each. The pool area is among the best for Disney resorts. You are also within walking distance to the Swan and Dolphin Hotels along with two very nice mini put courses. If you are price conscious than I would choose Disney's moderate hotel Coronado Springs Resort over Yacht Club as you are not giving up much and saving a lot of money.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Thai first
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I attended a conference held at the Yacht Club's conference center and stayed on site. As most other reviews state, the location is hard to beat. And location is definitely what allows the Yacht Club to charge the rates they do. The 5 minute walk to both Epcot and the Boardwalk make for fast and easy access to these venues and eliminates some of the waiting at bus stops (note: allow 20-30 mins to get from the Yacht Club to Downtown Disney via shuttle). However, for the Yacht Club to be considered a "Deluxe" resort in the Disney hierarchy is a stretch. It is not a bad hotel, their have been attempts to update the rooms, but to be able to charge the same rates as Animal Kingdom and the Wilderness Lodges, is truly unbelievable (again, location). Our next trip to Disney will definitely be spent at either of these two latter lodges.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can't say enough about Disney's Yacht Club. We go every December for my mom's birthday and we wouldn't stay at any other property. Our last trip was December 7-11, 2012. We checked in at 10:00 PM, and the staff could not have been nicer. The housekeeping staff is always cheery and does a great job. We've stayed in regular rooms and on the concierge level. The concierge level is nice because you can have breakfast there every morning, and they have water and coffee and snacks all day and cocktail hour with heavy hors d' ouevres around 5:30. A major draw is that you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. In short, it's a fantastic property with a terrific staff.

Room Tip: It is a large property. If you have trouble walking, ask for a room close to the elevators. Also, if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

This past weekend, my Family and I went to Disney yacht resort club in Orlando and we had an amazing time.The facility was beautiful,the staff was friendly, and it was a wonderful experience staying at the resort.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I love this hotel. We stayed in a basic room with just a view of the parking lot, but the room was a great size, and we were happy to find a daybed in addition to the two queen beds. If you ask the front desk, they will do a complimentary turn down service, and it was nice finding little chocolates on the pillows at night. The staff was even better than Disney standards - friendly and more than willing to help us out with every little details. Plus, since we were there for marathon weekend, it was super convenient to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We also love Cape May and Beaches and Cream, so it was nice to be able to just hop in to these restaurants. Oh, and the smells in the lobby,were yummy. The hotel is just, well, luxurious, and we loved staying there.

Okay, now for the bad stuff. We went in January, and though the pool is "heated," it was freezing cold. A lifeguard at one of the other Disney resorts - which had a well heated pool- we stayed at on a later trip said this was normal at Yacht/Beach Club, so if you are going in the winter, don't expect a pool day. The other bad thing, at least for us, was that the gift shop/quick serve restaurant/soda machine was so far from us. The gift shop is in the farthest end of the Beach Club from the Yacht Club, and our room was literally on the farthest corner away from the gift shop. Any time we wanted a drink, it was a hike and a half to go to the machine. I don't think this would be true for all rooms, but they are still much farther than staying at Beach Club.

Overall, we love this hotel and I would definitely recommend it to others. The atmosphere, decor, theme, and staff all are what one would expect of a luxury hotel. However, I will state, if I had the choice for the same price, I'd choose the Beach Club because of its proximity to the gift shop and counter service restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Loved the proximity to Epcot and Boardwalk. For the size of this hotel there should be a food marketplace like as in Beach Club. Room is small but clean. Bed was not very comfortable. This is a big hotel so if you have trouble walking ask for a room close to the elevator. Sand bottom pool is nice for kids but felt a bit dirty. I tried their quiet pool but there was construction around it so it was not quiet at all. Next time will try Beach Club.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Yacht Club the first week of December for 4 nights. My previous on property stay was at the Grand Floridian and, if based solely on the hotel, the Yacht Club topped it.

There was a bit of a shaky start when their computers were down upon my arrival. They got me to my room, but it took forever and made my online check-in pointless. At first they weren’t going to give me my park pass for the first day due to the computer issue, but I insisted since I paid for 4 days, couldn’t use a day my last day since I had an early departure and already lost an hour thanks to a Magic Express ride that was more a tour of every hotel they own. I would have paid for a day I never got to use if they had their way. They did make me a special pass and were supposed to call when the real one was ready. Not that I was rushing back for it, but I needed to know if I should stop when I got back or check the next morning. Never got a call. When I returned for the evening I asked and it was ready.

I was put into room 2109, a single with a queen bed and a garden view. Close to the lobby, but not so close I got noise. The great thing about this room is that I didn’t have side neighbors, it was on a corner. Unlike my stay at the Floridian, my room was fresh and not scuffed up, stained and full of broken items. The only complaint I have about it is that the Mickey mirror above the desk was in serious need of dusting as the dust was so thick on the rope detail that it looked like fur.

The view was of some roses, grass and then trees which separated a parking lot from my view off the balcony. Not much of an issue, but I could hear the buses giving their lowering/raising beep if I was in my room during busing hours, which I rarely was. One weird thing I noticed was that there wasn’t a sitting chair. There was a chair for the desk, but nothing to curl up in and watch TV or read a book. I was there for the parks, but since they close at 7 during the winter, I did spend more time in my room than on my summer visit. An arm chair would have been nice and there was space for one.

The staff was very friendly and greeted me whenever they encountered me on the grounds. A welcome change after being largely ignored at the Floridian.

Oddly the main restaurant for breakfast didn’t open until 7:30 in the morning. So I wound up walking to the Beach Club to eat if I wanted something warm. Their grab and go was open early. I know, why am I getting up so early on vacation? Well the parks open at 9, buses start at 8 and you avoid lines if you’re on the 8:00 bus. The walk to the Beach Club wasn’t bad at all, they give you a map with a shorter path than going out on the “boards”, plus since it was the Christmas season I got to see the gingerbread display. I was a bit disappointed that the Yacht Club didn’t have its own gingerbread.

My one serious complaint, the one that would have me thinking twice about staying here vs. a monorail hotel is the transportation situation. They do NOT provide buses to or from Hollywood Studios or Epcot. You have to walk or take a ferry. Walking to Epcot is nothing, but if you want to use the monorail or take a bus to another hotel, you’d have to enter Epcot (requiring park hopper passes), go through security and trudge the whole length of the park. A bus that came every hour that went to Epcot’s front would be nice. As for the review complaining that no one at the hotel told the guest how close Epcot was and they took a bus…well there is no bus from the hotel to Epcot, the staff aren’t mind readers if you don’t ask and it’s pretty hard to miss seeing the park unless you only ever walk out the front door and go to the bus depot like a lemming. One walk out the back and boom, park in view.

The bigger issue is getting to/from Hollywood Studios. They make it out like the walk over there is short. I walk at a good clip and arrived w/o being winded or tired, but it was a 20 minute walk of around a mile that I would not want to make in summer heat or with a small child who wasn’t confined to a stroller no matter what the temperature. Halfway there I began to notice how untraveled the path was and to realize that anyone (crazy people) or anything (alligators) could be out there, especially when I had to go under an overpass. As a woman alone it started to bother me enough that I knew I wasn’t making the walk back alone in the dark. Too bad the line for the ferry, the only other way back to my hotel, was really long as the same boat services all 3 Epcot hotels. Finally I took a bus to transportation, the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and a bus to the hotel, which took over an hour to complete. Providing a bus to/from this park to the resort would be a big help.

Transportation via bus seemed very slow this visit and the monorail was plagued by break downs. Not sure if they use off season routes or if it’s simply the hotel’s location but it seemed like every bus ride took 30-45 minutes or longer as compared to my summer visit when it was 20 minutes tops to get anywhere using a bus.

The Magic Express rides were frustrating. The ride there we were dropped off last after going to a bunch of budget hotels. This may sound snobby, but why did people who paid $350+/night lose an hour of their day so people paying $80/night can be dropped off first and start enjoying their stay? It’s not the hotel’s fault, but be aware that you do get screwed. Going back, we were picked up first and had to visit 3 other hotels before reaching the airport. The Yacht Club actually wanted our whole bus to sit and wait for a guest, who wasn’t even packed, to go to her room and come back, but thankfully the driver (who seriously rocked) refused. As it was, we reached side A of the airport at the 2 hour mark before my flight and by the time we got to side B and I got through the LONG security line, I had 45 minutes until boarding. So much for all the ads on the bus’ TV saying you can sit back, relax and arrive at the airport in plenty of time for your flight. Another few minutes and the line at security would have been so long I would have been running for my plane. I had time to use the bathroom and that was about it, no time to buy lunch. I’ve pretty much decided if I visit Disney again that I’m using a taxi to/from the airport to avoid this hassle.

The hotel itself is great, stately w/o being stuffy, and makes getting to Epcot a breeze, but transportation was such a headache I don’t know if I’d stay there again unless for a Food and Wine Fest visit.

Room Tip: 2109 is great for a solo traveler or a couple w/o kids. No neighbors next to you.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!