“My 4th WDW Resort, second trip to WDW at Christmas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #78 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
South Texas
“My 4th WDW Resort, second trip to WDW at Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I took a quick trip to Orlando during the Thanksgiving weekend to attend the Cinderella wedding of one of my dear friends. Whirlwind trip but lots to report here.

My girlfriend and I shared a room in the Yacht Club Resort which is also where the bridal party was staying. We checked in late (I had done online registration)...the Check-in service was on a par with other Resorts where we have stayed. Most helpful in every way. Since it was two different parties we wanted to have our key use our individual credit cards. Also, because I had made all of the arrangements the ticket purchases and room amounts were on my credit card. The Cast Member took complete care of us, splitting the bill right down the middle and applying our credit cards to our individual room keys. Big thumbs up as always for Cast Members and Check-ins!

Our Magical Express trip was magical. Our flights arrived at 4:35ish, and we had dinner reservations at the Wave @ the Contemporary. Fully aware that the WDW buses do not run from resort to resort, I had called the day before to find out if ME could just take us straight to the Contemporary instead of our check-in hotel. The rep told us that no we had to go to the Yacht Club but offered us some great advice: grab a cab right outside your resort and go straight over there. As it turns out, I mentioned to the ME bus driver that we needed to get to the Contemporary by 6:25 and could we just hop off at our first stop (Saratoga Springs) and grab a cab there? He said, no need...just let me drop these others off at their stops and I will take you straight to the Contemporary. He did and we got to our Thanksgiving dinner arrangements just as they were seating our group! Great job Disney of just doing what needs to be done in order to make the customer happy. And we were!!!

The Yacht Club resort was amazing. Up to this point, I had stayed only in Moderate resorts, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs. Since we were only going to be there for two nights we splurged to stay where the bridal party was staying!!!! The room rate for Thanksgiving weekend was $295ish but I think well worth it especially since we were splitting the bill. The Yacht Club was amazing...Cast Members extremely helpful...even the Bell man got us a cup of coffee when we had to leave at 4:00 in the a.m. on Saturday after the wedding. Beds were dreamy, free wi-fi, good/great coffee...timely room service on the day of the wedding..Christmas decorations were beautiful. Only one complaint about the room, there was a slight "moldy" smell to the room when we entered...now we are from South Texas and so we are used to that but it's never pleasant and of course, the weather was beautiful but we had a heck of a time getting the room to the desired temperature..the thermostat only allowed for warmer or colder selection and no idea what the temp was...we spent a lot of time putting it on warmer only having to back it off to cooler. That was not cool/or hot/or comfortable! but we were so comfortable otherwise. Room was clean, nice size and well organized.

Now, what I loved THE MOST was the proximity to the parks! Being able to walk to Boardwalk, Epcot and Disney Studios is a MAJOR plus...those are my two favorite parks and although the parks were really full and we didn't have much time to do much...the ability to walk to the parks when you wanted also makes the "deluxe" choice more sensible!!!! The resort is not humongous so getting around isn't that big a deal..it's more the size of a large hotel versus the small cities that the Moderate resorts resemble.

All in all, Christmas is the ONLY time of year to visit Disney. This was my third trip during Christmas time and I stand by my claim. We came one time in September and during the non-Christmas months, WDW is just a theme park, but at Christmas is a place of wonderment and magic...

Oh, and if you EVER EVER EVER get invited to a wedding at the WDW Wedding Pavilion don't miss out on a once in a lifetime chance...I won't tell you everything because the surprises we encountered were just too good to be true. The Wedding was at the Wedding Pavilion and the reception was at the Atlantic Dance Hall...I'm not sure I have EVER been to such a perfect and marvelously magic event.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Thai first
Springfield, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Overall nice. Has a huge pool and water slide. Rooms average. Mold growing in grout lines in shower, was nasty looking at that every morning. One light above bed was non functioning. My room had a nice view of the hotel roof top with the air conditioning units and exhaust pipes. It was room 3232. Hallways in hotel could use a little freshening up. The walls had hand prints and smear marks all over them.
Hotel was discounted since I was participating in a meeting here. Not sure if I would pay the high prices to just stay here.
Of course, hotel is close to disney parks with transportation options. Transportation Staff friendly.
Front desk staff went out of way to make sure my niece and nephew got a picture of their favorite disney character. They wrote a small note with the picture and slid it under the room door. Actually, every staff member we came in contact with was very friendly. Unfortunately, I can't remember the male front desk staff clerk who checked us in, but we arrived around midnight-1 am on the 26th of November. Exhausted from traveling he at least got me to smile by giving my group the resort "1st time" disney pin. My nephew loved that pin and wore it all day. Also, he was the one who took the initiative to get my nephew the disney character picture that morning. I think he was from California (per his name tag).

• Stayed November 2012
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We loved being able to walk to Hollywood studios and Epcot during the food and wine festival, which we totally enjoyed, but the Yacht club was just a room, and slightly moldy smelling with loose knobs and handles, and no disney chocolates at turn down and no mickey wake up call. Although i would stay there again its because you are rarely in the room. The pool and other features were great

• Stayed November 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The room was clean but this hotel is showing its age in some areas with dark halls and carpets in some areas need replaced. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Love the location because you can walk to the back entrance of Epcot and front entrance of Disney Hollywood or take the boat to both.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great layout of the resort. Very courteous and helpful staff. The nearby Boardwalk area was nice for exercise or just a leisurely stroll after dining. Rooms were very nice with a small patio. Enjoyed the location very much.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Boardwalk area give a nicer view but third floor may overlook the roof or air...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The place was fine. I am not a Disney person: too many people, everything overprice, and lines, lines, lines. I had a destination event there, and this is the Hotel that they chose. The very best part of this place was the sandy-bottomed pool. That was very cool. The pool closes at 9pm, so if you want to use another pool and a giant hot-tub late at night, there is one it the furthest end of the hotel. It is not on the map, and the front desk people didn't even know about it's hot tub( a tour should be a training requirement). The front desk also did not mention how darn close EPCOT was. We took a bus to get there the first day, when it was only about 1/4 mile away. Go out the back of the property and take a left. Go over the ramp, and you are there. One very important piece of information: For some ungodly reason, there is no infrastructure to feed a family without a reservation. So forget about waking up late and meandering down to the breakfast buffet. That requires a reservation. Even when the restaurant is half empty, it still requires a reservation. Didn't make one? Sorry. SOL. Same with the neighboring hotel, although they do have a quick-mart so you can grab a muffin and a coffee. I just don't like to have to be so structured on vacation that I need to plan my meals days or weeks in advance and then stick to it. But, other than the starving kids, it was a lovely place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

WE have stayed at several disney properties and although this one is quite nice, clean and room are spacious, we found the service lacked a bit. WE were there with 2 small kids, and quick service was lacking as well as that extra "Disney: friendliness with small kids. Pool is great for them, with faux sand and games. Relatively quiet vs MK resorts. Would stay again if to visit Epcot .

Room Tip: Avoid garden facing room.. Had weddings, celebrations etc. so loud in afternoon if wishing to rest.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!