“A Little Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You added Disney's Yacht Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #71 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Little Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

Attended a conference at this hotel. Room 3007 is approximately 10 minutes from the elevators through a maze of corridors.
Found a stairwell down to the boardwalk at my end of the hall which was open to the public as it had a room key swipe on the outsided but unfortunately was not cleaned during the 4 days I stayed there. Beer cans stuffed in the railings throughout. Spills not mopped - generally unkept..

I dropped something from the sink on my last day and when I bent down to retrieve it found someone else's wash bag under neath which tells me they did not vacuum or even look under there.

No creamer or sugar the entire stay without asking to be replenished. No wash cloths, no shampoo or conditioner replenished.

Had a small birthday muffin on the desk which was eaten when I returned to my room!

Upon check out the girl was somewhat surley or just tired gave me an envelope with some one elses room number and argues that it was mine! Did not open the envelope or review my bill at all.

Expect more attention to detail from a Disney Property.

Tried to go on line to follow up with the General Manager - impossible to follow up directly with the hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Access to rooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Thai first
laguna beach, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

I've always stayed at moderate resorts at Disney, but after staying at the Yacht Club, I'm sold on Deluxe resorts. The location was perfect. The resort is within walking distance to MGM and Epccot. You can also take the boats to those parks. The busses stopped at our resort and also at the Beach club. The pool is adorable and the workout facilities are perfect. We had the character breakfast at the Cape May restaurant at the Beach Club - average. The rooms were huge, the bathrooms a great size and the waterview room we had a beautiful view of the boardwalk. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!

• Liked — Location!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Convoy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

Wow! What an extraordinary resort. Just recently stayed at the YC w/husband and two kids (ages 9 and 13) and had a wonderful time. This being the Disney's "Year of A Million Dreams" we were so surprised to find out during check-in that our family had been selected. We were upgraded from the waterview accomodations we had reserved and placed on the concierge floor. We have stayed at several other Disney resorts (Poly, AK, BC, and PO...see my reviews) but have never stayed on the concierge level. I will say that this is a great service for those who have the time to enjoy the amenties, but I still don't feel that it is worth the additional price that you must pay. My kids would beg to differ, however, since they completely enjoyed the cookies, snacks, and all the pop they could drink!

The main amenity of concierge at Disney is the free food/beverage offerings throughout the day, including continental breakfast (doughnuts, fresh fruit, bagels, coffee, milk, juice, cereal), afternoon snacks (cookies, pretzels, nuts, pop, and water), dinnertime snacks (pasta, cheeses, breads, beer, wine) and evening cordials (pastries, finger desserts, brandy, and liquers). If you are a busy family or are on the Disney dining plan, it is not always convenient to take advantage of these services. However, since we have been to disney over seven times in the past, we thoroughly enjoyed all that these amenties.

The Yacht Club is a spectacular resort located right outside Epcot (within walking distance), across from the Boardwalk, and near MGM. It is themed to the tee (as are ALL the Disney resorts) and is now one of our favorites. I would suggest this resort for families w/older children and/or adults looking to get away. The swimming pool complex, called Stormalong Bay, is one of the most extravagant of all the disney properties. It is very large and sprawling (see my review of the Beach Club for detail) and has THE best waterslide of all the properties. The pool itself is a "sand bottom" pool (yes, sand!!!) and includes a very large, long waterslide which begins at the top of a beached pirate ship. It also has a lazy river, whirlpool (which is a lot of fun), two hot tubs, and a complete sandy kiddie area with zero depth entrance and plenty of lounge chairs.

The resort itself is somewhat sprawling, with long hallways, five floors, and a grand lobby. It has two dining rooms, the Yacht Club Galley for a casual breakfast, lunch or dinner, or the Yachtsman Steakhouse, which is one of Disney's premier restaurants. We ate lunch at the Galley, and I personally would not recommend it to anyone. The food was somewhat drab and tasteless and definitely overpriced. We did not eat at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but I have heard only good reviews of it, and I would highly recommend it for an above average dining experience in a classy atmosphere. There is also a quick service dining counter at the pool called Hurricane Hannah's which is good for the regular burger and fries meal. There is also a fifties-style ice cream parlor on site called Beaches and Cream which serves some of the best ice cream at Disney along with the traditional burgers and such. For those of you on the disney dining plan, this place is considered a sit-down meal (not counter service). In order to get dei sandwiches and snacks, you must walk over to the Beach Club (which is attached to the YC). There you will find a store which serves cold sandwiches, snacks, breakfast choices, and drinks.

The Yacht Club and Beach Club resorts are attached to one another, therefore they share many amenties. The rooms are similar, except for theming; however, our family enjoyed the YC much more than the BC. The CM's were extremely friendly and helpful and I liked the location better. We were very comfortable there and never had a problem with transportation or anything else. As I stated earlier, you can walk to Epcot (or take a ferry boat), take a boat to MGM, and bus to MK, AK, or Downtown Disney. This resort is one of the best at Disney, and I would recommend it to anyone. Please feel free to email me with any questions regarding the YC or any of the other great resorts at Disney.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — lack of quick service restaurants
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

Disney, generally speaking, is a money sucking experience. Everything is shockinly, continuously, expensive.

Still, if you have to be bleeding money, doing so at the Yacht Club is as painless a passing as possible. The pool is excellent as are the restaurants.

The drinks are a little slow by the water, and there's not quite enough shade, but if I have to suffer DW again, I'll make my way to the Yacht Club to do so.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wilmington,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

As an annual traveler to Disney, I have stayed at most of the Disney Resorts and properties. This past October, for my childrens very first visit to WDW, I carefully chose the Yacht Club Resort. I spent endless days reading reviews about the hotel(almost all of the reviews were great ones). The only complaint some people had was the walk to epcot. Well, I went expecting a long horrible trek, (1 1/2 to 3 miles according to some), and instead was pleasantly surprised at the short walk. After a stroll past the Beach Club, the walkway to epcot began. MGM was also alot closer than I expected. I had no idea that this hotel would soon be a favorite of mine. A perfect location for my children, my husband, and myself. It is truely a new found treasure.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond any and all expectations I had for them. They really cater to adults and children alike. My check-in was a breeze, and yup you guessed it, so was my check-out. The pools were amazing, especially the childrens pool. They had music, games, and prizes for the children. The Disney magic was all around. Thanks for a magical memory. I will be staying at this hotel again!!!!

• Liked — They had everyting I was looking for.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

We had a 3 night stay at the Yacht Club in early October. I had just finished a combo 4 nights at Contemporary Resort and 2 nights at Old Key West Resort for a conference and was looking forward to vacation time.

I arrived in the early afternoon. Check-in was very friendly, informative and efficient - compliments to the front desk staff. I was assigned room #1001 - by the way, when I check in by myself at Disney, I consistently seem to get the rooms furthest away from everything which is ok since I enjoy the walk and quiet that these rooms afford.

Room #1001 was at the very end or start of the hotel (depends on perspective) - it is on the ground floor and is the first room as you walk by the hotel coming from the Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin and would be the last room if you are coming from the Beach Club resort.

The room was amazing - as a corner room, it had a large hallway which is great for staging kids clothes and shoes etc. both inbound and outbound, it had large windows on the outside wall overlooking a nice grassed area, trees and a waterway, and had a nice small patio with sliding doors directly overlooking the Boardwalk across the water. A great spot for an early morning breakfast and for reading books and watching the Disney marathoners run by one morning.

The interior is well decorated in a nice subdued nautical theme that we did not find dated. There are 2 sinks in a dressing area and the commode and shower/tub are in a small room with a door. The closet is a decent size and there is a fair amount of drawer space including a separate highboy piece of furniture. There are 2 queen beds and a comfortable seating chair with ottoman, a nice work area, and a neat portable table. The room has a half fridge (bar fridge).

The beds were very comfortable - the one thing I will point out is that Disney could frankly use a linen upgrade at the Deluxe and DVC properties - they are below the standard I would expect at higher end properties.

The staff were very pleasant right from the store staff to the cleaning staff, engineering, front desk, greeters/managers and the concierge/reservations desk was very helpful as well.

Stormalong Bay was great as always with pool games, friendly lifeguards, lots of space and the kids loved the sand in the pool. They definitely need more wait staff to take orders and serve food as there seemed to be only one person on duty and she was very busy!

The resort offered 7am yoga on the beach overlooking the boardwalk (the class was very good) and also offered movies on the beach when the weather was good.

We have stayed at a number of Disney properties and this is the best stay we have had yet and our expectations were exceeded significantly on this stay.

• Liked — The design of the resort, theming, location and accessibility to activites, boardwalk and theme parks
  • Disliked — The self parking lot location leaves a bit to be desired
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

We travel to Disney often and after a slight misstep in August at Grand Floridian (too stuffy for us), we had a wonderful experience at the Yacht Club. It was laid-back elegance with superb service. The hotel was very pretty with gorgeous wood floors and inviting public areas. The landscaping was lovely and the areas of beach, gardens and boardwalk all gave a different experience to the resort. The pool was great- big and spread out so doesn't feel crowded. Nice bars and restaurants. The service was great- every CM had a smile and pleasant word. they were knowledgeable and aimed to please at every turn. beds were comfortable, amenities great and abundant and mousekeeping was prompt and really efficient. Beds were comfortable and the room spacious. The decor could use a little updating, however. It was so nice to be able to walk right into Epcot or MGM. This is our new favorite Disney hotel.

Stayed October 2007

Been to Disney's Yacht Club Resort? Share your experiences!