My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We had stayed at this resort 3 years ago, and decided to return based upon past experience.
I agree with the many suggestions that the resort is ready for an update. Although not bad, I don't think the resort is up to the standards of Disney Deluxe resort. The Wilderness Lodge is always priced as the least expense Deluxe resort, but I would expect a bit more. We were in king bed, courtyard view room. All king bed rooms are handicap accesible. We had no problem with this. We were on the first floor, which was certainly handy. The wallpaper in the room was showing it's age, peeling in areas and the tile in the bathroom had a touch of mold. There were no upgrades in the room besides space from a moderate resort. The bed was comfortable, and I appreciate that Disney uses Ivory soap as their standard.
Our most previous stay was at the Yacht club and it was certainly a few notches above the Wilderness Lodge. Again, I admit the price is not the same, but if Disney is calling this a deluxe resort, I expect Deluxe service.
It was a combination of many small things that added to our general feeling of "not the best." I still think the resort is a good option, but it would be much better if it went through a refurbishment. I would not be the least unhappy if this resort was catagorized at a moderate resort.
We only ate at Roaring Forks at the resort. The service was just fine for breakfast. I love the boat to the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary. It was very crowded the weekend we were there, but the resort was able to manage the numbers of people with ease.
Overall, our stay at the Wilderness Lodge was fine. Disney magic is all around. Enjoy your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge—inspired by the Great American Northwest National Park lodges from the turn of the 20th century—is an architecturally grand Disney Deluxe Resort hotel honoring American craftsmanship and artistry, and celebrating the majesty of the unspoiled wilderness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge