My boyfriend and I (both in our late twenties) spent 4 nights at Disney's Wilderness Lodge at the beginning of May. We had a woods view room on the 4th floor, which was immaculately clean and had a very cozy feel to it. The balcony was another perk - we loved sitting outside hearing the birds sing - we even saw a tiny African bunny on the lawn outside our window once - perfect serenity! Another positive attribute of our room was the extremely quiet AC - we stayed in quite a few hotels during our 3 week Florida trip and never experienced a quieter (but still very effective) air condition in any of the other (also high end) hotels we stayed at.
The hotel itself is stunning, the lobby breathtakingly beautiful, the grounds very well maintained, everything was clean and all the cast members were extremely friendly. I recommend getting a woods view room to everybody who likes to have some quiet time, as the lobby and pool area do get loud at certain times.
We ate at the hotel 2 times: once for dinner at the bar, which was of an extremely high quality (food comes from the Artist Pointe kitchen) - loved the truffle fries and mushroom soup!!! On another occasion we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe, which was good as well. You can choose if you want to be part of the shenanigans or not (just turn your button to red and you'll be safe).
Another thing we thoroughly enjoyed was the boat ride to Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary Ressort. I cannot stress enough how nice it was to start the day with a serene 10 minute boat ride to the park - we loved it! (Tried the monorail two times and found it dirty and smelling..) The boats ran often, we never had to wait longer than 5 minutes, even at night.
All in all, it was an extremely pleasant stay and we were so happy with our choice for this hotel. If we ever visit WDW again, we'll definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge