After a couple of years of waiting we finally got to go back to Disney and decided we wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. From the second we walked in we were amazed. It so represents what grand lodges used to be. The front desk people were great and so helpful.
The room was a bit on the small side but just fine for our family of four. Bunks for the girls and a queen for the wife and I. The transportation was so easy, we could take a bus or one of the boats to Magic Kingdom. So much fun for the kids. The lodge has two restaurants, the Artist Point (Pricey but soooo worth it for one family meal), or the Whispering Canyon. The staff are great, the give you a hard time about everything in a fun and kidding manor. Hint, ask for ketchup.
The grounds were fantastic, the pool was awesome and my daughters didn't want to get out of it. Can't say enough great things about the Wilderness lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge