What started out as a problem turned out to have a happy ending. We arrived at the hotel at 1:30 PM and were promptly greeted by Darin who was ready to check us in to our 3 rooms which were ready for us. Unfortunately, one of the rooms was very far away from the others and the one room that was supposed to be a king was a double. Darin told us that their system was down and sent us off to one of the rooms to await word. Within minutes, the room phone rang, it was Darin, who had switched the rooms around to perfection and had updated our magic bands. Very impressive.
Room was spotlessly clean, well-appointed and had the most comfy hotel bed I've ever slept in. We were in room 5140, 5th floor overlooking the woods and the quiet pool, away from the elevator, all as requested. It's true that you occasionally hear a toilet flush through the wall but, overall, it was very quiet. We did not eat at the restaurants but did have a drink at the lovely lobby bar. The pool is a bit small given the scope of the resort but maybe upcoming renovations will enlarge it.
All staff were polite and helpful, especially the front desk where they could answer every question.
We found the transportation to run smoothly and promptly, both the boats and the buses.
Maybe because a lot of schools are back in sessions, we were surprised at the reasonable crowds in the parks, except Magic Kingdom which was packed. The magic band system seems to work quite well and, since we made our fast pass selections months ahead, we got to do everything on our must-do list. A couple of rides did shut down due to those pesky afternoon storms. We ate dinner at Portobello, Chefs de France, Kona and the Marrakech, all were very good.
Over the last 30 years we've stayed at all level of resorts. Wilderness Lodge isn't cheap but it's
so well-themed, so comfy and convenient with the boats and I'd recommend it for couples and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge