“Great Service, Great Location, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Save Saved
You added Disney's Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #21 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great Service, Great Location, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Family stayed at resort 6/26/14-7/4/14, This was our 4th stay at WL and we weren't disappointed. Service is top notch. When we arrived at night, we needed additional towels for our room. My wife called to housekeeping and they promptly delivered the towels. My wife asked the housekeeping attendant if she had a specific night-time tea, and she replied that she did not. However about 10 minutes later, she shows up with the exact tea that my wife requested. The rooms were renovated since our last stay in 2011. the bathrooms are a huge improvement and the new carpet and soft goods are nicer. However, I noticed that they removed the wallpaper from the hallway walls. Not a good look. Too plain. Also, the elevators in our wing were painted. I recall them being brass. The paint-job was a bit sloppy too. Other than that, everything else great. Roaring Forks was very good a well. Housekeeping maids were friendly and prompt. They did a great job cleaning and servicing the room everyday. Transportation service was better than I remember. Easy to get to MK via boat or bus (we did both). Easy to get to Grand Floridian by boat (transfer at MK) or Monorail (transfer at Contemporary) or bus (stops on the way to other parks...confirm with bus driver). This is a great value compared to the other 3 MK resorts. Yes, they may be nicer, but they are more expensive. For the price WL is a great resort. Will most likely come back to this resort next time.

Room Tip: Woods view are more private vs. courtyard. If you ask for courtyard may want higher room to mitigat...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2,134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Korean first
Palm Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Wilderness lodge is ok but there are much nicer Disney hotels than this one - if your going to spend the money stay at the contemporary or the Polynesian - the lobby is kinda cool but you really don't spend time there - the room has 2 double beds and a small bathroom and a TV - that was it - very uncomfortable when you have 2 all kids - & 2 adults -overall the property is clean and so was the room - so we would grade this as good - would return -

Stayed August 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'm giving this resort an average rating compared to my recollections of staying at Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We went with our children, then ages. 4 and 2 years. I'm not sure if it was the ages of our children, my mental well-being at the time, the rainy days, or the small size of the room, but we sure felt cramped and I was ready for a break from my kids by the end of the week.

The lodge is stunningly gorgeous. It is majestic and grand. The lobby has beautiful totem poles and a great stone fireplace with a hidden Mickey. The pool was also fabulous. It was heated - essential for those cold January days - and our 4 year old loved the water slide. Mom and dad enjoyed pool side drinks from the Trout Pass bar and the hot tubs. The geyser goes off at least every hour.

We requested a first floor room by the pool, which was convenient, although loud due to piped-in poolside music. We watched the light parade on the lake from the sandy beach one night. We enjoyed all three restaurants on property.

All in all, we still had a fabulous time, despite the cramped feeling in the room. We will probably elect to stay in a different Disney resort in the future, however.

Stayed January 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

So we checked in for the holiday weekend (July 3-6). We booked a standard room with the bunk beds for three nights. We are Florida residents and Disney annual pass holders but because we knew the parks would be crowded we were just coming to stay at the resort and enjoy the resort, something we never do because we are always bouncing from park to park. My family wants to stay at every Disney hotel so we have been to quite a few now on all different levels (moderate, deluxe, villas and even the campground by mistake lol). Okay so when you pull in there is bell service with carts and valet. Valet is $20 a day or you can self park. We did valet for one day and then moved the car to self park because it was just down the hill and it wasn't a big deal since we weren't using the car so much. When we came in it was 3pm exactly. Check in time. Surprisingly there was no line. I had done the online check in but was able to walk right up to the desk. The man was very nice but a little scattered. We had our magic bands with us which he did not activate properly. He told us our room was not ready yet to go walk around and he would text us. At 4pm with still no text we went back to the front desk. He was not there and had gone on break. So now we had to wait on the line. 25 minutes later a woman helped us. 1 hour with her trying to find us a room because it still was not ready and properly activate our magic bands. My kids were getting cranky and hungry so when she finally finished we went to the fork get your own food style restaurant. It was far to have to walk to from the lobby or your room and they don't have a lot of tables. Cheeseburgers, juice, sandwiches, chips, snacks and pizzas were all fine. We went up to our room which was so disappointing. It was so small and so cramped. The value hotel rooms are larger! It was not all that clean and there was a mans sock and tissue stuck to the blanket on the queen bed. Kinda gross! Our room overlooked the pool and geiser. We were on the 5th floor in room 5157. We could hear the geiser but not see it. The proble overlooking the pool is the noise and lights. If you have small kids that need a nap during the day or you need a nap it's not good. They blast music and scream into the microphone so you hear it in your room. Also every 15 minutes the ferry horn. Omg that ferry horn was so loud and that goes until 3am. At night they have massive lights that shine through the curtains that did not close all the way and right into the room. Spotlights for the pool are so bright and even at night it is so loud. I had to blast the tv and hang up towels and that didn't even work. The arcade is lackluster. Definitely not as good as the other arcades at the other hotels. No prizes and not much in there, very small. We did the restaurant at the hotel which is supposed to be a hoopin hollering good time. It was boring, dull and disappointing especially for Disney. When you go up there are Lincoln logs for the kids to play with while you wait. My kids enjoyed that. When we sat they gave us a coaster to flip to green to be involved in the fun. What fun? Our waiter who called himself the "Puerto Rican cowboy" really did nothing. He brought us our drinks, brought out skillet (food was dry and not good at all) family of 5 and we didn't finish one skillet! He then brought the check. We asked about the horse races which he said would happen at 9. We waited until 9:30 and nothing happened. We asked for ketchup which should have been him screaming for ketchup and all the bottles coming over to the table! Nothing! He forgot! And instead of water he gave me sprite in a dirty glass. It definitely was an experience but not the kind you want. We had reservations for the other restaurant Artisan Pointe but cancelled it because we just figured it would be another disappointment. The pool was really loud (it was the drains) my son said it sounded like a sick frog. There was garbage in the rock river and the beach area was covered in empty cups and cigarette butts. The pool slide was nothing great. It was fine for my kids but definitely not good for older kids (8 and up) too small and slow. One of the hot tubs did not work so it was colder than the pool. The lifeguards were attentive. We did the boat rental which was nice and went over by magic kingdom. It was cool to see the different areas but you go really slow and a lot of the areas were blocked off so we were done in 30 mins. The bridge is all scraped up and not treated so wear sandals because my son got a horrible splinter that was miserable to get out. Everything is far away in the resort so always be prepared for a hike. The balconies are small and overlooking the pool is punishment not an upgrade. The staff was not helpful and kinda rude if not dismissive at times. Overall I would not stay here again and do not consider it a deluxe hotel. It was boring, bad rooms, bad service and bad food. My son who is six specifically ask that we not return to the hotel and asked to go home early so we left on the 5th one day early. I carried my own luggage because 40 mins later bell service had not come and my husband was parked in the front with the car with our daughter. Maids are noisy and block the halls with the carts. Definitely does not feel like a Disney hotel and definitely not a deluxe!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We have 2 young kids (ages 1.5 & 5) and wanted a hotel that was close to the Magic Kingdom and had easy access for nap time. We didn't want to spend the extra $200 on a Disney hotel with monorail access but also didn't want to stay at a value resort since we had read reviews that the bus transportation was a hassle. We thought Wilderness Lodge would be a good compromise. Upon walking into the hotel, we could smell a strong musty odor so our entire family had allergy headaches, runny noses, etc. We think it may have been from a excavation project in the lobby (since you could see open dirt hidden behind trees). The hotel was very dark and our room was tiny. Lots of sharp edged furniture and I was constantly worried that my five year old was going to hurt herself on the ceiling fan that was close to the top bunk. The lower bunk mattress kept sliding off the edge & exposing the wood "box spring" and both of our kids hurt themselves on it. The bathroom wasn't very clean- mold in shower grout lines and urine above toilet lid. I've stayed at budget hotels that were cleaner than this! The layout of the hotel was confusing as far as finding our room and the hallways were narrow- almost felt like we were on a cruise ship. I sprained my ankle 2 days before our Disney trip so I reluctantly rented an electric wheelchair. Unfortunately only the bigger boats to Magic Kingdom can accommodate EC's so I was often separated from the rest of my family (since we didn't want to make our exhausted kids wait in anymore lines) and I was made to wait an extra 30+ minutes. When we did ride on the same boat, I wasn't able to sit with my family and was shoved into a corner staring at a wall so definitely keep this in mind if someone in your group will be using a wheelchair. Overall, not worth the extra money and we won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Turbeville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My mom & I stayed here in November for the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party & we got a good deal on the rooms! we were disappointed the decorations weren't up yet but other than that the hotel was amazing ! It is HUGE!!! The staff was wonderful as usual! The breakfast at the restaurant downstairs was just awesome! Rooms were great!!! I loved the outdoors theme it was pretty cool!! it was an overall great experience and we will def be coming back to the Wilderness Lodge!

Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

So the week is out and I rate the lodge a 4.5 star stay. The reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because the smoking section is right by the walkway to the villas so visitors have to walk through smoke every time you go to or from your room. Yuk. Other than that, it was very nice, comfortable, quiet despite lots of kids (we stayed on the 4th floor of the villas), and laid back.

The food at Whispering Canyons was ok, Artist Point was really good, and the arcade had a free night which was awesome.

The pools were nice, the smaller one by the villas was quiet and had less kids. Overall a nice stay with really friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Disney's Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!