We have a 6 and 3 year old and we really enjoyed the WL from May 19-24, 2013 Our fisrt family disney hotel experience was magical, comfortable and convenient. Best thing was the roaring fork cafeteria, convenient, and decent food and prices. We ate there a lot. The boat to MK was great. Hot tub and water slide super nice to come home to. We stayed in the wing facing the MK, close to roaring fork and laundry, and boat dock room 4028 I think and this was great. We could see the fireworks at night through and over the trees. Nice with young tired kids. Room size was fine, closet and refrigerator area was nice to have.
Only drawbacks, room needed a deep clean, behind beds and in corners, lodge activities were limited during the week, no duck races or cookie making, and that's about it so positives far out weigh the negatives. We stayed for one night at Pop Century on our way flying back through Orlando and we were so happy we chose a nicer property for our 5 night stay, POP was very basic and not so great in the rain. Not as magical as WL that is for sure.
Would stay at WL again, super nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge—inspired by the Great American Northwest National Park lodges from the turn of the 20th century—is an architecturally grand Disney Deluxe Resort hotel honoring American craftsmanship and artistry, and celebrating the majesty of the unspoiled wilderness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge