“So happy we upgraded to WL” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Save Saved
You added Disney's Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #23 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Paraiso, Costa Rica
“So happy we upgraded to WL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have a 6 and 3 year old and we really enjoyed the WL from May 19-24, 2013 Our fisrt family disney hotel experience was magical, comfortable and convenient. Best thing was the roaring fork cafeteria, convenient, and decent food and prices. We ate there a lot. The boat to MK was great. Hot tub and water slide super nice to come home to. We stayed in the wing facing the MK, close to roaring fork and laundry, and boat dock room 4028 I think and this was great. We could see the fireworks at night through and over the trees. Nice with young tired kids. Room size was fine, closet and refrigerator area was nice to have.
Only drawbacks, room needed a deep clean, behind beds and in corners, lodge activities were limited during the week, no duck races or cookie making, and that's about it so positives far out weigh the negatives. We stayed for one night at Pop Century on our way flying back through Orlando and we were so happy we chose a nicer property for our 5 night stay, POP was very basic and not so great in the rain. Not as magical as WL that is for sure.
Would stay at WL again, super nice hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the wing facing pond/magic kingdom 6030 or any floor higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

2,170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just stayed 5 nights at the Wilderness Lodge in a Woods View room. We loved it! The lobby is very cool, with tons of neat things to look at. I must say to save money we always just used the Roaring Fork and I thought the food was very good, and my husband and son agreed. We loved, loved, loved the boat rides to Magic Kingdom, they are very quick and happen about every 10 minutes, it is very convenient. I'm sure monorail is even quicker but my four year old son loved the boat. The next time we return to Disney we will most likely stay at the Wilderness Lodge again. I cannot see someone being disappointed in the resort.

Room Tip: The only tip I have come across is pay the extra $100 (or so depending on length of stay) to upgrade...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just returned from 5 nights at the Wilderness Lodge and we all loved it. Great staff, very clean everywhere, comfortable beds. Our requests for early and late check-in/out were granted. Staff was very helpful at quick serve with helping us manage our dining plan. Bell service fast and friendly. Bus drivers on Magic Express also helpful at the airports. We forgot to attach the special luggage tags for the Magic Express and of course, that was not a problem. This resort is great for families. The boats come quick for Magic Kingdom. You can then hop monorails to Epcot but we found the bus much quicker on our returns to and from Epcot. The only time we waited long for a bus was at Animal Kingdom to return to our resort. If there's a park you plan to go to most often, you may want to choose your resort by proximity to your favorite park. The only thing I'd like to see is more seating and tables by the pool (but this seems to be an issue ANY place I have ever vacationed!) and perhaps more amenities for those that have checked out but have to kill a few hours to kill before going to the airport.(We got rained out from the pool). When we stayed at the Contemporary there were lockers and changing rooms etc that we utilized after check-out. Perhaps Wilderness has this and we just missed it. The arcade was great to keep the kids busy until we left.

Room Tip: We had woods view and could see some of the fireworks and the boat parade from MK.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just got back from two nights at the Wilderness Lodge, and overall I enjoyed this hotel. The rooms are small, but clean, and unlike the Yacht Club, the furnishings are in good shape. This hotel has a fun theme and offers easy boat access to the Magic Kingdom. If you're going to spend most of your time at Magic Kingdom, I would definitely recommend this place over the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian. The concierge/club level in this hotel is superior to the one in Yacht Club for sure, and Artist Point is a far better restaurant as compared to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The nature trail is nice, but not well marked. The pool is average. Whispering Canyon Cafe is fun for kids (adults must come with a sense of humor), and Roaring Fork is good for Disney quick service (try the chili). The grounds are very pretty. Overall, I recommend this place for sure, particularly if you plan to stay on the north end of the Disney campus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thonotosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stay at Wilderness Lodge as frequently as we can! The service is second to none! Everyone should experience the Club level floor at least once. The staff is top-notch! Randy, the Concierge Mgr, makes you feel like you are 'one of the family'. We will stay nowhere else! The hotel is just a short boat ride or a bus ride to the Magic Kingdom. The pool and hot tub are very relaxing after a day in the parks. The Electric Water Pageant is held every night in the Seven Seas Lagoon, behind the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband, my mother and I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in May on 2011. We were able to get a joining rooms on the first floor. We were also very close to the Adult pool, which was nice. Old Faithful wasn't working when we were there. I was like a little kid everyday looking out to see if they had fixed it. They had movies on the beach at nite and you could see the electric barge parade at night as well.
It was nice to be able to take the boat to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. There were times when the boat area got really busy because of the hoop de doo review. Which is across the lake where the Wilderness Cabins are. Everything else was a bus ride away. Our wait for a bus however some days was very long. It made it hard to meet up with other family members staying at another hotel.
I swear we have not been on a trip yet where someone didnt get sick or hurt. My mother had a heavy metal chair get dropped on her foot by an impatient older gentlemen in a hover round. She went to move the chair for him so he could get through and instead he just pushed through and the chair fell onto my mothers foot. To top it off she ended up sick 3 days into the trip. My husband and I went down to the quick service area and asked if they had chicken soup... The manager said no we don't but let me check with the chef from the restaurant. 3 minutes later she came back with 2 cups of soup and a turkey sandwich. She then said I will tell the cashier this is on us, I hope your mom feels better. Later that days my mother said the cleaning lady came in and changed her sheets and did what she needed and she was very nice to my mother. That night she ordered room service and she said he was very nice to her too.
Since this trip we have gone back and stayed at the Beach club. That was not such a nice trip. Per my mother, myself and My Husband we would like to go back to the Wilderness Lodge. It was a very nice place to stay. It had a great atmosphere and the 80% of the staff were friendly and accommodating. Check in staff were a little gruff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Farmington Hills, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

whenever we travel to wdw, we stay here. my daughter says it's her second home. as a deluxe resort, it has all the luxurious amenities you'd expect. it's a short boat ride from the magic kingdom and all disney transportation. the cast members have always treated us well. on site airport check in is a bonus.

Room Tip: the woods views rooms are quieter. request bunk beds for the kids!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!