I've always wanted to stay here for the theming of the hotel, but I was always afraid of the transportation system since this is one of the more remote deluxe hotels. So we decided to stay an extra night in Disney just to hang out in this area. It was a great way to start out our vacation.
We checked in and got our swimsuits on just in time for a massive thunderstorm. No worries, we decided on an early lunch and got a walk-in at Whispering Canyon. We had heard about the antics they play there and the kids were excited to see if for themselves. However, nothing happened. They were a bit disappointed, but the food was filling and good so we didn't fuss about it.
After lunch, it was still pouring, so we got a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt sheet from the front desk and the kids had a blast looking inside and outside (yes in the rain) for the hidden Mickeys. We watched the geyser--very cool. We did some shopping in the gift shop and the clouds parted! Yippie! They kids swam for a few hours even though it was cloudy and drizzling. They didn't care. They had a blast on the small slide and swimming around with other kids. I enjoyed watching them have fun and getting a few drinks from the bar.
After dinner we took a boat to the campgrounds. We explored the area, saw the horses and ponies, played on the playground and checked out the cool Outpost store. Then we had dinner at The Hoop De Doo Review--what fun! The kids and I laughed a lot and enjoyed our meal. We then went back to the hotel to have another quick drink at the bar (again, beautiful). Then we just hung out in the lobby. The kids read books and I just enjoyed the view. We went up to our room and the kids spotted out a small nook with a TV on the 4th floor. It was like having a private space to ourselves. We finally retired to our room and watched Wishes from bed. It was a great way to start off our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge—inspired by the Great American Northwest National Park lodges from the turn of the 20th century—is an architecturally grand Disney Deluxe Resort hotel honoring American craftsmanship and artistry, and celebrating the majesty of the unspoiled wilderness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge