This is our 2nd stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We've also stayed at the Polynesian (long ago), Pop Century, French Quarter and 3 times at Port Orleans Riverside....The Wilderness Lodge is one of the cheaper Deluxe properties and in my opinion a great place to stay if you can afford the upgrade....if not the Riverside is a nice moderate! We gave this a 5 star because the things we don't like are not deal breakers on our trip, and the things we do like far out weigh the bad!
So first the BAD:
Buses were awful this visit (but due to my own fault of going during the busy summer season! I'd highly recommend making your trip NOT during summer or a holiday and you'll have a much better time!) We had long waits, but I don't fault the resort on this because I'm sure all resorts would have had this issue during this busy travel period!
Another annoyance that I actually called to complain about....if you are paying the upgraded price to stay at the WL your bus should not stop at the campground to pick up more people!! Picking up more people made the buses crowded and added to the commute time.... It's just a headache that the increased price should help you avoid!
Baby pool was closed several days of our trip, this was due to unscheduled maintenance....but I think they should have had workers there when the pool was closed to fix the problem! Not shut is everyday around noon so they could work on it again!
The boat to MK is AWESOME!! Always a short wait, and a nice quick trip!
Overall design on the lodge
Convenience to all amenities (boat, bus, pool, food) from any room
Activities in the lobby on rainy afternoons
Staff was great!
Water parade from beach
Overall I'd highly recommend a stay here, you won't regret it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge