“Business Travel but most relaxing atmosphere and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 N. Eola Drive, Orlando, FL 32801   |
Ranked #171 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Business Travel but most relaxing atmosphere and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I travel through Orlando about 2-3 times a month for work and have tried many chain hotels and other area B&B's. EO Inn is the best I've found for the money, atmosphere, convience and friendly staff. I'm a female who travels alone and the fact that they lock their front entrances at night make me feel very safe. I've tried the Spa services and had the most relaxing massages after a hard day, I've had in ages. This hotel also resides over a Panera Bread/Bakery so breakfast is literally steps away. Lake Eola is right out the front door for a beautiful view and stroll any time of day. Yummy wine bars and cusine restaurants are a walk away. Love EO inn and highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
eoinn, General Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Oh, how we love to hear that we are the "Best" around! Thanks so much for staying with us and your super review! Please FAN US on Facebook to stay up with our current FAN only deals for the Inn and Spa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Miami, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I don't know what some of these other reviewers are talking about, but we loved our recent stay at the EO Inn. The inn is directly across the street from beautiful Lake Eola where there is almost always live music, food, etc going on. We were welcomed most cordially and loved having FREE PARKING in the inns own lot. Our room was small but very clean and comfortable with a large private balcony overlooking lush grounds, and the inn is literally less than 1 block from all the shops, restaurants and bars of Thornton Park, which is a fun area to stay in Orlando. It's downtown but feels like a cute little neighborhood. All in all, I'd go back anytime and will!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
eoinn, General Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you soon! FAN US on Facebook to stay up with our current FAN only deals for the Inn and Spa!
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I was in Orlando on business for a couple days and was looking for something other than a boxy hotel. The EO was perfect. The hotel was only a couple blocks away from downtown and across the cobblestone street was Lake Eola park. It didn't seem like I was downtown because it was so quiet, but I was. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and made this small boutiquey hotel feel like home. I felt my room was very comfortable and worth the price. The other cool thing was the Panera downstairs for coffee & breakfast to go.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
eoinn, General Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
So glad you had a super night! We are proud to be a "quiet" boutique hotel! Thanks so much for your review! Hope to see you soon! FAN US on Facebook to stay up with our current FAN only deals for the Inn and Spa!
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

I was on a six-city business trip and wanted to stay in a homey place that provided some relief from the business traveler mega-chains (i.e., Holiday Inn Express or a Marriott Courtyard.)

Eo Inn seemed like a great fit: a small boutique with "modern" rooms and a quaint location.

First problem — My flight landed late, so before booking, I called to see how Eo handles late check-ins. I got a call center instead of the front desk. The guy who answered didn't know but said the hotel would send an email after I booked.

I booked and made a special note about checking in late. Nothing. No email. Concerned, I called again and I was told I would get an email with instructions.

An hour later I got instructions about a lock box with a 4-digit code and some right and left hand twists to a knob. Mind you, I'm juggling all kinds of flight, cab, bags and appointment schedules while trying grok this hotel's professional safe-cracker late check-in policy.

When I get to the hotel, it's close to midnight, there's no light over the black box. So, the cab driver has to park his car with headlights shining onto the low lock box while I'm trying to juggle my dying iPhone -- which has the code, my computer bag and luggage.

I have to tip the cabbie extra for helping me break the Da Vinci code to get into the hotel.

Once inside, the lobby is empty and dark. I feel my way to a staircase and shlep up three floors to the room only to find my room dark with no bed turn-down.

[Keep in mind, now, the room rate at Eo Inn in Orlando is the same that I just paid for a fantastic boutique hotel in Manhattan.]

The room has seen lots of wear-and-tear. The wooden door jamb in the bathroom is splintered (watch the bare feet). The shampoos and gels are opened and half-used. The shower tile grout is slightly darkened, if not moldy. The duvet cover and sheets are wrinkled. One nice find: The wifi is easy to log onto and the signal is strong and free.

After working a little, barely unpacking and dropping into a cold bed, it seems as if moments later, construction workers are hauling sheet rock and a ladder -- banging against the walls -- into my hallway.

It's way too early to be sheet-rocking the ceiling right in front of my room before 8AM. I get up to locate coffee and an internet connection nearby (Panera Bread - good signal) then head to a meeting.

When I come back, there's nobody at the front desk, and I try to take the elevator to the third floor. I wait for a few minutes. Nothing happens. I walk three flights to find the elevator filled with sheet rock while the hallway is covered with dust and equipment.

I go back out to a bunch of meetings and get in late. Surprise, not a soul around. It's late and I'm thirsty and hungry. No water or ice that I can find. I pick up the phone and it's dead. A notice says the hotel turns the phones off during non-business hours. (Who stays in a hotel during business hours?) I figure this only makes sense since nobody works at the Eo except sheet rock workers. (I saw one other person during my two day stay and it was another guest smoking on the deck.)

Nobody works here. This place is too expensive. The rooms are in poor shape. There's nobody to call in the hotel who will help you. Your phone will be dead. Your bathroom products are already used. The only people paid to work at this hotel are sheet rockers.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Durham, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

It is evident that staff just does not care anymore. The energy is just bad and Inn Keeper not very nice.

Stay Away....Far, Far, Away if you like service during your travel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
We are very sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us. It is our goal to make every guest feel unique and comfortable in our establshment. We like to consider our hotel a home away from home and try our best to treat every guest on an individual basis. We hope all of our guests leave feeling well rested and a strong desire to return on their next trip.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip as it was located next to where the meeting was, and it was a quaint, serene place to stay. The location would not be ideal for anyone going to the Disney resorts or for sightseeing, but for doing business in the Downtown Orlando area it is a nice option. Its very different from the traditional hotels, which I liked, and the service was wonderful. Because Orlando has next to no public transportation a car would be required.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Windermere, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Well I took my fiance there for a couples massage because we were going to be in the area for dinner. Had a 5 pm appt, we arrived 15 mins prior & the door was locked! Called them from my cell phone & who ever answered wasnt on site & was trying to reach someone in the building. We ended up having to wait for a guest that was staying at the hotel to let us in. Then we get upstairs to the "spa" they take us to this room that looked like a garage/motel room. We were to get under a TOWEL not a blanket/sheet. The towel had stains all over it so I showed it to the massage therapist & he told me they all look pretty bad. Said the lotion stains the towels!! I cant believe they charge $180 to go there. It was such a horrible experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple