“Great, Location, Location, Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #184 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durham, NC
“Great, Location, Location, Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I have been traveling to downtown Orlando for 5 years now and I stay here every time. The Inn has a very Zen feeling that just makes me feel welcome, at home, and cozy. I enjoy the location across from lake Eola for walking, location to restaurants in walking distance, and 15 minutes in medium traffic from airport. The staff is great and Inn Keeper(Eddie) is always helpful in offering suggestions for dinner, night life, and informative about local attractions. It's my retreat that makes my work life not so impersonal and predictable.

Thanks for a great place to stay while away from home.

Eli

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

I was forced to travel to Orlando for business frequently and found the average accommodations to be geared to the tourist market. While the laughter of children is fine, it's not fine to be facing a pool at the Marriott at 11 o'clock and hear them still splashing about.

The Eo was a great change from the spread out, touristy collection of hotels in Orlando. Downtown and within walking distance of a lot of great hotels, it was still quiet at night, and a great place to stay. A little funky, but fun.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

We found the hotel and spa staff both to be professional and friendly. The spa services we had (massage, facial, pedicure) were exceptional. This part of Orlando (Lake Eola) was unique and surprising. We spent a lot of time birdwatching and picnicking on the lake. The accommodations leave much to be desired. Our room was very tiny with a small bathroom that had no room for our toiletries. The walls are so thin I could hear someone snoring next door every night. The advertised hot tub was very dirty and was cleaned a couple of days after we complained. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but thought it pricey considering the accommodations.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
We have really great deals running year round now. Being competitive and fair is one of our biggests goals as a business and accommodations provider.
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed for one night at the Eo Inn. I arrived on a Sunday night at about 8 pm and knew in advance that there would be no staff working at that time. The instructions for the lock box were fine, but when I got there, the lock box was sitting open and my key (and someone else's) were just sitting for anyone to take...with my name and the other person's name on the envelopes and personal information inside. If I had not already paid for the room, I would have left at that point. When I got up to the room, it was fine, not the luxury that they touted as a "spa" but decent and seemed clean for the most part. No tub, just a shower with no curtain so the entire bathroom got wet. Overall ok but I would not stay there again. As a woman traveling alone my safety and security needs to be first priority.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
The lock box is used and based on an honor system with our guests. Each guest is to use the box, retrieve their key and lock the box again. Only our late arrivals are given the instructions for the box. Our property is listed as a boutique hotel with a spa located on our second floor. I apologize if this was misleading. We have worked very hard to try and correct any misgivings that may have been online previously to ensure all of our guests are aware of the quaint boutique hotel that we are. We also have a 24 hour Innkeeper who can be reached by calling anytime with any problems whatsoever. The number for the Innkeeper is listed on our front door, in the instruction letter included in the late arrival envelope, in the hotel room and outside in our telephone box should any guest need assistance. Most of our rooms have a walk in glass shower with an opening to enter and exit out of.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

We found out about this hotel through a hotel search site but got a better deal through the hotel's own website. The staff was very helpful and truely friendly. The hotel was a little smaller than we thought but it made up for it with it's view and upscale decore. We loved the location since we were going to the arena for a basketball game. Plus there was so much to do downtown. The only other negitive I could say is that when anyone was in the hallway you could hear them but we loved this hotel and will prefer to only stay here with all of our future trips.

• Liked — Loved the upscale atmosphere and reasonable price
  • Disliked — Tad small
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

I saw their website prior to reading the reviews. I tried to book the room online originally, but never received a confirmation. My friend did the same thing. I called back and they said they did not have a reservation for us, so they made it then. I was looking for a cheap hotel in downtown Orlando after a Sales Conference near Disney, we paid $115.00 per room. A friend and I stayed two nights here after our conference to hang out for a bit. The young lady at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful (and cute), and we got into our rooms in minutes......it was not crowded that I could tell. This is a tough property to review, so I will do my best. I think that people, as I did, viewed the property via the web and had certain expectations. You will easily be disappointed if you approach this property with this in mind. That said, here are some observations;

1. The location, it's prime selling point, is second to none!!! We were looking for a place that we could go bar and restaurant hopping on foot, and this was it. For that reason I would come back.

2. Room was small, so what. We were out having fun. It was nice and quiet, and cleanliness was not an issue.

3. GREAT bars, shops and restaurants within walking distance, as well as a beautiful lake across the street. We met lot's of friendly people during our stay.

4. They have a Day Spa on the 2nd floor, where there are also rooms. I think it is probably mostly used by locals. We didnt partake, but if the price was right, I think it would be nice. Very discreet, and not crowded.

5. The hotel was much better than many of the reviews here state. If you are looking for a full service hotel, this may not be the place, but then again it might..........

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

This hotel is a complete joke. It looks like some apartment complex that they tried to paint in funky colors and hang art makes the hotel a boutique hotel. The bathroom in our room looked like a prison issued sink. It was dirty and smaller than my dorm room bathroom. There is NO front desk person. You have to get your keys out of a lock box that they just gave me the combination over the phone with no proof it was me. I have no idea how many people have that lock box combo, but it is NOT safe. My wife refused to stay in the room. We went there for our anniversary and turned around and drove home to Tampa. I dont care what kind of a deal this hotel looks like, it is NOT worth it. Stay at the Guinn or Gaylord before you stay here. The only nice thing was that it was near Church Street, but not close enough to walk. Rarely do I make this big of a mistake on hotels, but I was taken for a ride on this hotnel. Stay away..........

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Only our late arrivals guaranteed with one night's deposit are allowed to have the key box intstructions. Also, our 24 hour innkeeper is always available and more than willing to help all of our guests who need assistance. Our doors are alwyys locked and only accessed by our staff and our hotel guests with keys. Our front desk is open no later than 8a.m and up until 7p.m. We do our very best to answer each guests request whether on property or not.

Been to Eo Inn? Share your experiences!