“With a European flair this small hotel glistens in the background of Disney's opulence.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eo Inn

Ranked #192 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Paradise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

For those looking for amenities such as a swimming pool, coffee makers in rooms, or entertainment, this hotel is not for you. The independent traveler, who enjoys a bit of history, and a quaint location, this may be more to your liking. The charm of the area surround Eola Lake and the Thorton district is its history. This hotel sits two blocks from the lake, where swans frequent the waters, runners exercise along the walkways, and families gather. The beauty of this hotel is its location, nor its amenities. It is not new and the rooms not pristine, but most boutique hotels in Europe are not either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks for the review! Never pegged us for a European flair, but I think you might be on to something! We are glad you had a nice experience and stay with us! Come back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is not your typical US hotel, if you like the standard accommodations and take comfort in the look and feel of major US chains, then this isn't for you. This is a boutique hotel that compares more with small European hotels.

The room was small and minimally equipped, and the full-sized mattress kind of soft. But the hotel was clean and quiet. I liked that we could open the windows; the large trees around the hotel give some added privacy.

I've read comments on the side street the street is on: my room was facing the street, and yes, it can be busy, though I'm not sure it would have bothered me even if I was in the room during the day. It gets quiet at night, though.

The hotel has its own off-street parking lot, which I didn't expect from their web description. The neighbourhood is nice and looks safe.

Staff: inasmuch as I interacted with the staff, they were nice and helpful.

I give it 3 stars because the experience is "limited". For a lower budget, you get a decent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
eoinnspa, at Eo Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks so much for your review on Trip Advisor! We are a boutique hotel as you mentioned and for most that is what attracts people to us... a place to get away from it all! Please fan us on Facebook and stay with us again!
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was by far the dirtiest hotel room in which I have stayed in my life. Obviously, the bathroom floor had not been mopped in a very long time and was dirty, stained and had hair stuck to the floor (and not my hair). Even my shoes stuck to the bathroom floor. There was some kind of orange/red grime all around the bathroom door jam, especially on the top, stains on the bed skirt, even the ceiling was dirty. Take my advice and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and can assure all of our guests the utmost satisfaction while staying at our hotel. We hope you were at least able to change rooms upon request or perhaps ask our front desk to take care of any issues you may have had with your room. If you did, then we can only assume that you were redirected to a more satisfying environment.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Eo Inn is our "go to" place when visiting Orlando over the last couple of years. We LOVE the location and the beautiful, comfortable rooms at the Eo and it is a special boutique hotel with excellent staff. Everything we could wish for is within walking distance for restaurants, bars, walking, exploring and people-watching. We lived in the area for over 20 years and love exploring our former hometown. We recommend booking the Queen Balcony rooms as they are wonderfully secluded and quiet with a nice area on the balcony for morning coffee and paper and evening cocktails. We have recommended the Eo Inn to family and friends who have also had great stays. The Queen rooms are well laid out, have all the necessities and are immaculately clean upon check in and then during our stays.

Room Tip: Queen rooms with balcony are exceptional for couples or singles.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the awesome review on TA! WE are glad to be your "favorite" hotel in Orlando...that is a big statement and we so appreciate the comments! We hope you come back again soon and enjoy more of our beautiful area!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Charming/quaint hotel. Request a non-street facing room. The windows are not double-pane and therefore every noise, from cars to voices, are heard from the street. And it's a busy street too. One of the worst nights sleep I have had in a very long time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are a downtown hotel and with being downtown comes some noise from time to time. We are glad you thought it was a quaint hotel to stay at. Hope you will try us again sometime! Thanks!
Buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stay in hotels several times a month for work and have seen it all, but this was the worst experience I have ever had. mostly due to HOTELS.COM

(1) the access to the hotel was blocked by police barricades due to a street fair that took place during my entire stay there. It took 2 hours to get into the hotel and out of the hotel because a police escort was required for cars to go in an out of the closed streets around the hotel (2) When we finally arrived, they had no record of my reservation and we had to sit in the lobby for 45 minutes while they sorted that out. (3) when they gave us a room, the walls were stained and smelled.The bed was a full size not queen. (4) I had to change rooms 3 times because they did not have any other rooms available the whole stay without moving us. This meant I had to pack, go downstairs, change keys, go upstairs and unpack everyday during my stay. (5) the street fair was loud 7am-11pm each night. (6) could not leave the hotel by car without the police to open up the barricades, stop people and escort us out. (7) the SPCA had 50+ dogs in cages outside my window barking outside my window at 8am on saturday and sunday morning (8) I called to see if I could change hotels before I settled in and on the 2nd day and was given a minimal credit to use on a future stay but promised that they would follow up with the hotel if I stayed to get a refund for me. I called hotes.com back 4 times but the promise to contact the hotel never happened.

hotels.com had blocke d my ability to write a review on their site so I am posting it here

Room Tip: do not book through hotels.com
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Firstly, it's all about location. The Eo Inn is central to the part of downtown Orlando you would like to see. Lots of good eateries, next to the park and Lake Eola, easy to get to Church Street and the Amway center, any area that has been rejuventated recently.

We had an enormous corner room, with nice beds and a llving area with easy chairs and a big coffee table. The property is definitely older, but everything was nicely presented and worked. The bathroom was purely functional, so those who seem to spend 18 hours a day in there instead of enjoying the area may be a tad disappointed, but it was fine.

The only "odd" observation was the adjoining Panera Bread property appeared to cater to some of the local itinerants who would otherwise be sleeping on park benches. It really wasn't an issue, but don't be surprised if you encounter it in the Panera Bread.

The Inn also has basic central facilities, the front desk closes after about 8pm, so if you need anyhting you need to plan ahead or phone someone, again not a problem. There are beverage facilities in the reception area if you need them.

A great property for when you get fed up of falling victim to the anonymous drudgery of the major hotel chains.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thanks so much for the nice review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased you found our rooms comfortable and spacious, we have worked hard to keep everything updated and glad you noticed! Please fan us on Facebook and stay with us again the next time you need an Orlando Night Out!

Been to Eo Inn? Share your experiences!