We just got back from our 5th trip to Disney and our second stay at the Beach Club side of the Yacht/Beach Club resort. The location of the resort is very good with quick access to Epcot (walk right into France or take a 5 min boat ride) and good access to Hollywood Studios (10 min boat ride). Also, you have access to all the restaurants at the Beach/Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin resorts AND countries of Epcot within walking distance (although some may be a longer walk with little kids depending on where you want to go).
So far so good... so why 4 stars?? Well as others have said the carpets in the hall are starting to look a little worn (not terrible but there are occasional humps and they are starting to look dull), and the rooms although clean are starting to show some wear as well. Nothing major but you won't be blown away for $400-$600 a night. As others have also mentioned this is a BIG resort and our room (1520) was WAY down the end of the resort towards the Epcot side. Good for quick access to Epcot but a long walk to get to the buses, boats or lobby. Not a huge deal for us but my father-in-law in his 70s was often gassed.
Compared to the Yacht Club side you get the following Pros/Cons:
Beach Club side is the quicker access to the Marketplace (quick service foods)
Closer to Epcot
Solarium is a nice room to hang out in for a little break
Noticeably noisier than the Yacht Club side. Mainly due to the fact that it has more families and the Yacht Club tends to have more business travelers. Plus the Beach Club side gets a lot if the Beach Club Villa traffic.
Yacht Club closer to boat launch for Hollywood Studios or Epcot boat (if you don't want to walk)
Yacht Club gets the buses first so there may not be any place to sit when the bus shows up. Doesn't happen too often but when it does you might wish you were on the Yacht Club side
Other winners for this resort:
Beaches & Cream is one of the best ice cream places in all of Disney but is always busy.
Pool is the biggest/best in Disney but when both resorts are full so is the pool seating area. While we were there they were also allowing Boardwalk guests to use the pool since theirs was out of service. First nice warm afternoon we just wanted to sit by the pool but had to wait 45 mins just to get a couple of chairs. Still...the pool rocks with sand bottom areas and a big sand "play area" for the kids to make castles and such.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Amex, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort