“WOW !!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Beach Club Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Beach Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Beach Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #71 of 327 hotels in Orlando
“WOW !!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you are sitting as i was choosing , look no further. This is a great hotel, super pool,fantastic service, great food. We took an 11 and 24 year old wit dining plan included. It was more than we could have wished for and 2 mins. from the epcot gate where we ate nightly and watched the fieworks was amazing.......dont waste time and energy looking any further....BOOK. We are going back for a third time.Kim from Maidenhead, England

Room Tip: pay as much as you can afford...we overlooked lake..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We thought the Polynesian would never be topped, but we have found a new favorite in the Beach Club. It is very nicely themed including a spectacular ginger bread model of a carousel complete with hidden Mickeys over the holiday season. The pool complex is a huge winner for the kids with a large slide which descends from a pirate ship, a sandy bottomed pool area for sand play, and a lazy river. For the grown ups, we love the walking distance proximity to the International Gateway and all its restaurants as well as the beautiful view of the Boardwalk which makes a nice jogging path. Definitely recommend getting the park hopper in order to take advantage of being able to eat in Epcot in the evening on days you tour another park. The rooms are fine, especially as all we do in our rooms at Disney is sleep. Cape May has an excellent seafood buffet including all you can eat crab legs, and a nice character breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved it, loved it. The check-in experience was great and very easy. Every contact with staff was fantastic. The resort is located within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios (though Hollywood Studios is at least a 30 minute walk). Another short walk to the other side of the lake gets you to the Disney Boardwalk which is beautiful and has some nice restaurants etc. The beach and bar at the hotel are great. We can't wait to go back next year!

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the rooms are in some need of upgrading and better upkeep/cleaning. The hallway carpets, too, are looking pretty beat with lots of bleach stains all over the place and so on. But overall this is a very nice place to be and next visit we plan to spend more time just hanging around the resort and not going to the parks as much.

The last thing I want to say is that the view from the rooms is a crapshoot. I booked a "Lagoon/Pool View" since you can't choose one or the other. I was assured by the Disney phone rep that I should be able to get a lagoon view upon check in. I asked for this at check in and still somehow ended up with a pool view. The pool is great but is lit up like a baseball stadium at night which requires you to close your curtains tightly! The front desk was good enough to move us to a lagoon view room when I called them but it was pretty far back with a distant view. It didn't really matter in the end, we were very happy with the place overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My family stayed at the beach club sept/oct 2012. We really enjoyed our stay from the relaxed atmosphere of the resort itself to the helpful friendly staff. The pool was amazing and my kids made good use of it everyday. Our rooms were kept clean and were very comfortable. It's a great place for families and we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

After our last stay at the Yacht Club we decided that we wanted to stay close to EPCOT again. We enjoyed the Beach Club for many of the same reasons including the pool and the (even closer) proximity to EPCOT.

The only disappointments were the terrible Nescafe coffee (while at the Yacht Club we learned to go across the lake for real coffee at the bakery which was closed during this visit) and a room that did a poor job of blocking sound from the outside or the hall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After an average experience in one of the moderate resorts we decided to give Disney another try in one of the "Deluxe Resorts" so we stayed at the Beach Club for the weekend. Place looks nice and well kept on the outside but once checked in and inside our room after arriving at 11:30 p.m. and a 3 hour drive behind us we realized that this deluxe resort does not even have bottled water in the rooms and the gift shop/cafeteria closes at 11:00 p.m. I went to the bar seeking the precious liquid to have the bartender tell me that he will spare a cup of water for me to which I tried the "old" give him a $ 10 dollar bill trick to have him reply that his water comes from the dispenser at the bar... at this point this people could have sold me a bottle of water for 20 bucks!, well defeated and thirsty decided to go to sleep with the promise of a better tomorrow like in Walt's ride but, this also became a challenge due to the sound of water falling out of the leaky toilet in our room, it was like a punishment from the Disney gods because a few minutes earlier I was looking for water, so I placed the distress call to the operator/front desk and help never came!, leaving the television on to mask the sound did the trick but, who wants to sleep with the tv on all night anyways. Next morning came as it comes everyday but, in our case with the added bonus of a nice puddle of cold water in our bathroom due to the leaky toilet so half of the towels went to the bathroom floor to bridge the gap between the door and the shower and then on to the parks. Next day it was Sunday so we tried for breakfast at the Cape May and no dice my friends!, I got up at 0700 hours to go workout and attempted to make a reservation but the lady at the restaurant told me to go to the concierge, then the concierge bounce me back to the lady at the restaurant who then told me to call the reservations number, who them kept me talking to a machine for 15 minutes to finally have me talk to a live person who then told me that it was to late to make reservations for the same morning, then the lady at the front desk told me to come back to the restaurant at 10:30 but, check out is at 11:00 and there was no late checkout so got the valet to put our luggage in the car, then went back to the restaurant for breakfast only to be told that there was a wait time of 45 to 60 minutes (this might be a silly comparison but it took me 30 minutes to get my passport at the Miami office). Nevertheless as a good military officer I recognized that retreat was our best option in dealing with this hotel so we got in our POV and drove away to the closest place where I could dunk a doughnut. In summation to much money for not remotely enough hospitality, Disney should stick to the parks and the movies and let the hotel business for Mr. Marriot or the Hiltons of the world.

Room Tip: For the money choose a room in another hotel. Cheers.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed one night here during a week at Disney world. The room was clean and comfortable. Pool is beautiful. Location is the best. Can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Lots to do at the resort. Great for all ages of children. Teens can walk to parks on their own which is so convenient. Will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Beach Club Resort? Share your experiences!