“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Beach Club Resort

You added Disney's Beach Club Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Beach Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #71 of 332 Hotels in Orlando
Cantonment, Florida
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Love this resort. Just love it! I've stayed here at, if I'm counting correctly, 5 times. We just arrived home tonight from our stay. It had been over 3 yrs since I had been back there. We took our 2 children for the first time. (We have a 3 yr old and 10 month old). We did a big family vacation where 4 other family members stayed at the resort with us. I love how friendly the staff are there. The young lady at the desk was awesome! We talked a lot, laughed and she was full of information. I think she was new b/c her supervisor was standing near here, but either way she rocked! I ended up coming back in to ask for a sticker for my 3 yr old b/c his balloon (that he got at another hotel the night before popped and he was in tears. We had to stay at that hotel the night before b/c we came to Disney a day early.) When I told the girl at the desk her supervisor gave him a bunch of stickers, crayons and a coloring book. Then she told me to hold on for a minute and she ran off somewhere. She returned a few minutes later w/ a blue Mickey Mouse balloon for my son. I almost cried. My son was so happy, when I brought it to him.She didn't have to do this, but that was how nice and caring she was.

The entrance smelled of gingerbread. It was decorated so nice. Nice and clean, cheerful people, helpful people outside helping w/ the cars etc.

Our luggage was delivered to our room fast. Rooms were clean and had plenty of towels and linens were clean. We were on a ground floor looking at the smaller pool. It was nice and quiet and relaxing. Loved it!

Love the little store/cafe near the lobby. They sell breakfast and lunches there. You can get drinks, snacks, gifts etc. It's open until very late at night as well, which is a bonus.

Love that it's walking distance to Epcot. Epcot is my favorite park and I got to see Illuminations 2 times and was able to just walk back to my hotel and relax. The pools are nice. My son liked the kid pool w/ the sand b/c it was shallow enough for him to play. Lifeguards all over so you know you and your kids are being looked over. They supply towels at the pool as well, which is great.

My only "cons" about this hotel is that it is a bit pricey and does need a little bit of renovation. Little bit of wear and tear on some furnishings in the rooms, but nothing major. You're hardly in your room anyway b/c there's so much to do, but you can tell it needs a little work. But I did notice that there were people doing work while we were there, but you hardly hear them! (awesome!)

I always request to stay at this hotel, just because of all the wonderful experiences I've had here and hope to have in the future. I'm a sappy person and always get sad and teary eyed when I have to leave Disney and this hotel and more so this time b/c I got to share all this, for the first time, w/ my boys. My 3 yr old keeps saying he wants to go back to the hotel. ( I think it's b/c he liked running into his aunt's room, that was adjoining to ours, and playing and jumping on the bed!) I always have a smile at this hotel and always feel safe and taken care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with our daughter who is 10 years old. We originally made a reservation at the Coronado Springs Hotel months ago. A few weeks before we left Disney called and said they had a convention at this hotel and it was overbooked. They offered us an upgrade at the Beach Club. I thought this hotel had little value for the money. It is old and in need of renovation. After an argument at the front desk we finally got a room overlooking Epcot. We were originally promised a room with a view and they thought they could get away with giving us a room overlooking the parking lot. You could see the fireworks at night which was fun. The only good part of this hotel is that it is at the back gate of Epcot. The housekeeping was really mediocre. There were crumbs all over the carpet and the side table was filthy and had food crud all over. I will be back to Disney World but I will not stay at this hotel. Even with the extra magic hours I think there are nicer hotels that do not have the Disney name on them that provide quality rooms at a better price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Epcot with a real balcony. Better yet stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the fourth time. We chose the week after Thanksgiving and although the parks were busy they were manageable. Took advantage of free dining. Its always great to be greeted by that cinnamon ginger smell when you walk through the doors. Short walk to Epcot, quick boat to HS, and fast buses everywhere else. Our favorite resort on the property since we started staying there. Hope to be back in 2014!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Beach Club Resort at Disneyworld is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Just a short walk to Epcot, Disney Boardwalk and Hollywood Studios. Fireworks nightly at Epcot which you can see from outside the hotel. We did not rent a vehicle and used the complete Disney transportation system. We had stayed at Port Oleans Riverside previously and the buses seemed to run more smoothly from Beac Club (every 20 minutes). Also it was nice to have the option to walk to some sites and not have to bus each time.

I would recommend spending a little more and going to the Beach Club Resort. It is just nice to be in a short walking distance to some of what Disney has to offer.

Room Tip: With the Disney check in you do get a choice of asking for a lagoon view which is what I would recom...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Covington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

3rd stay. Last one was 6 years ago. Made our reservations 6 months in advance. No luggage tags in the mailed information packet ( we didn't know we needed them as there was nothing in the packet that said so) No bellman (we took our own luggage up to the rooms or could wait 3 hours minimum as requested by the person at the front desk) Reconfirmed rooms 24 hrs. in advance and even at check in. One room was ready the other adjoining was being cleaned. No problem except....it was not a King as requested confirmed 24 hrs. in advance and reconfirmed upon arrival! What? Separate beds for the parents now....Also, 2nd room heat was broken. At night we had to bundle as the airconditioning was constantly blowing in that room. Could not eat any meals in the May Cafe because we did not have reservations. What? No one advised us about that when I made our dinner confirmations at the Magic Kingdom restaurants. Truly dissapointing. Nothing like our past stays. Too much $$$ for aging rooms, poor service and rude desk persons. So sad :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Disney Beach Club hotel is an average hotel at a premium price. It was the conference hotel so we stayed there for the duration of the conference. It was fairly pricey as was everything else about the resort, including food and beverages. We purchased some food to keep in the room and the in-room refrigerator would not get cold, so by the time we realized it, the food had spoiled. I called the front-desk at 9:00 AM and after four more phone calls, got a replacement refrigerator at 7:00 PM that evening. When we went to check-out, they had added a $3.00 charge to replace the refrigerator, even though the original one was broken. After a 15 minute discussion with the hotel manager, they did remove the charge, but it was ridiculous that it was added in the first place. After the conference, we moved to a much nicer hotel at half the cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

What can I say, we have stayed here twice and have not been disappointed! The location is superb as you can walk over to the Boardwalk and EPCOT, Hollywood studios is a short boat ride and other parks a 20min or less bus ride. We chose this hotel as it has the best pool ever with a sandy beach bottom! It as a sunken ship slide and a man made beach for children to play on. The rooms are a good size, and as a family of 5, we were allowed to all be in one room. There were two huge beds plus a day bed. The atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are very attentive, the mouse-keeping was excellent and we always had a clean room plus a delight of towel animals. I think the Beach Club is ideal for anyone as there are quieter pools, but it's a massive hit for children. Have not got a bad word to say about the place, love it.

Room Tip: It is lovely to have a balcony room or a room with a pool view, but otherwise the rooms are all suff...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family