“Best Disney Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Inn

You added Disney's BoardWalk Inn to your Saves list
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #62 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“Best Disney Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2006

My family and I (from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island ,Canada) stayed at the Boardwalk in the INNKEEPERS CLUB section from Oct 14 -22. We where treated like royalty by the conceriege staff! I want to make a special mention of Jackie who in my opinion is the best Disney Castmember I have ever dealt with in all the years I have gone to Disney World. Jackie's kindness and caring manner will always be remebered by my family!!!!

Our room was super - clean, great shape and so quiet. Innkeepers Club food offerings were tasty and very plentiful. My family had a great time and look forward to returning soon!!!!

• Liked — Location to EPCOT
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Ellicott City Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

Visiting Orlando and have tight pockets..... this place is recommended.

No second thoughts.

I travelled from Tampa (was on business trip) and met my family here. Good place to save money for those visits to Disney.

Donot be bothered with staff or room service or decor ...... who wnats to stay and write a book on that..... come to visit Orlando .... get out of that room.

Stayed September 2004
Tierra Verde, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

Since we usually stay at Disney's Grand Floridian, I thought an Epcot Boardwalk Resort would be a nice change of pace. The hotel ambience is really quaint and cute (old seaside theme), but the service is equivalent to a Days Inn or other motel, and the rooms were damp and frankly, pretty gross. I would've switched rooms as soon as I noticed the brown substance splattered all over the toilet rim, but since the bellman had already dumped all our bags in the room and left (we got lost trying to find it based on the front desk person's directions of: "Just turn right down there") I just sucked it up, grabbed some Purell wipes and wiped it down myself. Sorry, but for $300 a night, I shouldn't have to clean some stranger's diarrhea of the toilet.

Anyway, the first morning we were there, my 60-year-old mother and I decided to take a walk on the Boardwalk. We noticed it was wet from being hosed off and extremely slippery. We discovered shortly thereafter that there is grease or motor oil from the vendors apparently, and they spray it down in the morning creating one of the most dangerous situations I can imagine. Needless to say, even being careful, my mom took a horrible fall. Luckily she didn't break a hip! I doubt she was the first person to do this, and I'm willing to bet Disney is going to open themselves up to liability if they don't rectify the situation. We're not litigious, and settled for their measly offer to reimburse my mom for her ruined pants (they were covered from top to bottom with motor oil/grease and even housekeeping could not get the stains out). Of course this "offer" came after several compaints to three different managers and about four phone calls. The $60 barely paid for my breakfast and wasn't even worth my time. What I really wanted was for my mother to enjoy Epcot without limping.

The bottom line is that the service here is terrible. I called down to preorder (room service) breakfast for my daughter, and they refused. Said I needed to complete the breakfast order card and hang it on my door, which wouldn't have been a problem had the housekeeping staff actually left me one. The rooms are damp, smelly, and in need of updating and cleaning. There is rust underneath this rather protruding marble shelf in the bathtub my 2-year-old almost hit her head on a million times while she was taking a bath. I just returned home and can't wait to shower off. I give this hotel a star for it's cute decor and that's about it..

• Liked — The location, decor
  • Disliked — The service and filthiness of the room
  • Tips/Secrets — The standard room is cheaper and quieter than the water/boardwalk view rooms
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

We stayed in a standard view room at the Boardwalk Inn. We were on the second floor, which is the same floor as the lobby. At first I was disappointed with our view which was of gardens and walkways, our room faced the Garden Suites head-on. I later realized that it was a good location to get to and from the Boardwalk quickly.

The room itself was really nothing special. The carpet seemed a little shabby and the towel that I used for my first shower had a hole the size of a half-dollar in it! I've never had that happen even at a Holiday Inn. It's a little thing but you would think that for a room that costs over $300 a night they would provide bath & bed linens of better quality.

I requested a king bedded room when I initially made my reservation but our room had two queen beds instead. This is one of my biggest frustrations with Disney's Deluxe resorts, one should be able to book a room with either one king or two queens. I wuld have no problem paying for it.
We paid $9.95 a day for internet access but requested a refund of our first three days. We could not connect without having to call tech support to reset the connection and even then the connection would drop in and out.

Even with these little problems I would stay at the Boardwalk again in a second! Being able to walk to Epcot in 5 minutes was the best! The boat to MGM was great and even the bus transportation was great. You do share transportation with Y&B Club & the Swan & Dolphin but the busses were never crowded and we never had a long wait. The entertainment on the BW was fun in the evenings. Flying Fish is the best restaurant that we've visited on Disney property and Jellyrolls is a lot of fun when everything else is closed down.

• Liked — The easy access to Epcot.
  • Disliked — Scratchy sheets, no king bed.
  • Tips/Secrets — Eat at Flying Fish!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

At first I was a little weary becuase of some of the comments below about the pool and the room but once I arrived I was more at ease. It's a very beautiful hotel and the room is very large. The set up of the bathroom was perfect - sink & mirror seperate from the toilet and shower. This made it fairly easy to share the room with three other adults.
We got very lucky because we were upgraded into the concierge floor so although we had a REALLY far walk to the room, it was worth it for the free wine, beer, snacks, breakfast, coffee, water ect.. Sure saved a lot of time and money knowing we had access to that! One note is the concierge staff wasn't as friendly as you would expect them to be. They almost seemed annoyed when asked a question.
The hotel is in a great location - walkable to epcot and MGM, the ferry to both is right out the back door and the bus to Disney and Animal kingdom is about a 1/2 hour ride. Note: get off at Swan and walk back to the hotel - it's quicker!
I had sent one of my shirts into the dry cleaner and somehow it became seperated (it was a shell with a tank & sheer cover attached). All I got back was the sheer cover and I was not happy. I got no where with the maid service on duty that night. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until the night before I was supposed to leave. I was very very upset and as I was walking down to the front desk to talk to demand to speak with the hotel manager, a food service person tried to help me. God bless this young man - he was an angel. He didn't leave me until I was calmed down. Anyway.. he put me in touch with the head of housekeeping and the very next day i met with her and she searched everywhere for my shirt - couldn't find it so reimbursed me for the cost.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

Just returned from a July trip to Disneyworld and stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. We have previousley stayed at Old Key West, Wilderness Loge and 2x at Port Orleans Riverside. The Boardwalk Inn cannot be beat for its location. We had 2 connecting rooms on the fifth floor 5291 & 5293. Our balconies looked out over the entrance to the Boardwalk and in the distance you could see Tower of Terror. The rooms were spacious and clean, the beds extremely comfy. The only downfall was that they were located near the elevators and you heard the motors of the elevators all night. We were a bit disappointed in the size of the main pool and it seemed to need a little TLC -- as compared to the other resorts. The quiet pool was perfect and never crowded. The parks on the other hand were extremely crowded and the extra park hours at night made them seem more crowded -- just remember the extra park hous are for everyone staying on Disney property ..and there are alot of people! We decided that the night there was EPH at Magic Kingdon we would go to MGM becasue everyone on Disney property would be at MK - this strategy actually worked great! One restuarant that we would highly recommend is Shula's Steakhouse in the Disney Dolphin. Themed after the Miami Dolphins "perfect season" this was our family's "special night" out dinner. It is extremely pricey but we felt it was worth every $. We spend one afternoon just walking from the Boardwalk around the lake to the Beach Club, Yacht Bluc, Disney Dolphin and Disney Swan. It was a great way to beat the crowds and gave us a chance to see what the other resorts looked like. All in all we would certainly recommend the Boardwalk for location, cleanliness and variety of restuarants available.

• Liked — Location
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

At first I was hesistant - especially after some of the reviews I've read on this website. However, a discounted rate for Florida residents popped up on the Disney website and we switched our vacation booking from the Wilderness Lodge to the Boardwalk Inn. I wasn't too sure about this move as I was already looking forward to the Wilderness. I'd already done my restaurant research for the Wilderness, traveling around there, and all the goodies that went with that resort. However, at a savings of over a thousand dollars and to move to a resort that would be considered an upgrade, I had to make the switch.

As soon as we were dropped off at the resort by the Magical Express bus, all my worries and concerns disappeared. The outside of the resort is nothing spectacular, but when you walk into the lobby, you are greeted by a massive chandalier comprised of cherubs, mythical seahorses and pearls. It almost looks like a huge gold carousel, but it isn't. To say it is impressive is an understatement and you will most definitely crane your neck upward to take in the entire expanse of this marvel.

Everything in the lobby makes you feel as though you stepped back into time to say Coney Island in the early 1900's. The furniture and appointments are sublime yet gorgeous. Not too ostentatious, but definitely ornate. I loved it! The staff were all very courteous and quite friendly.

We arrived at the resort at about 11:00 am and one of the two rooms we'd reserved was ready, so we unloaded our carry on bags into that room and walked over to Epcot. Before I get into the proximity of this resort to the parks, let me just touch on the rooms. Our room was very tasteful and quite lovely. Again, I loved it. The theme of turn of the century luxury continues into the guest rooms with soft pastels contrasted against dark cherry furniture. Quite nice. There was a double sink w/ a marble countertop. The bathrooms were tiled as was the shower. The showerhead had about seven different types of spray (the one that really pounds you actually feels great after a looooong day in the Orlando heat!). The carpeting was rather thin and not super comfy, but it was clean, neat and in good condition. The air conditioner was very quiet and worked like a charm! The room was very comfortable and quite spacious, also. This resort also had the most comfortable beds I've slept on yet in a Disney resort. I don't know what kind of mattress it was, but it was absolutely heavenly. My wife also commented on what an absolutely wonderful bed that resort had. Prior to this, we've stayed at the Coronado Springs resort, which is my favorite of the moderate resorts. Our room also had a nice patio area with two chairs and a small glass table. We were on the first floor with a standard view room that overlooked a nice, quiet area between our wing and another wing. There were several trees and the area was well landscaped. We didn't have a view of a parking lot or anything objectionable at all!

You can't beat this resort for convenience to Epcot. It is just a five minute walk down the boardwalk and then you come to a gate that lets you into Epcot in the World Showcase portion right near France. This is perfect for retreating back to your resort after catching Illuminations fireworks show during the evening. You don't have to fight the press for the front gate of the park. So, as far as Epcot is concerned, you can't beat this resort for convenience.

You can also walk into MGM Studios from this resort, but it is a much longer, arduous walk (especially in Summer). I'm estimating it would be about a thirty minute walk to get from Boardwalk to MGM. However, there is a ferry boat that runs from the dock at the Boardwalk to MGM. The ferries run about every twenty minutes or so and the ride from Boardwalk to MGM takes about twenty minutes. Unless you want to work off some pounds, take the ferry, enjoy the ride and the AC! The back of the ferry boat is actually nice to ride on in the evenings! There is also a ferry that runs to Epcot from the Boardwalk, also. Here is the basic circuit that the ferries ran on while we were there. The ferry that picked us up to take us to MGM went from our resort to the Yacht Club/Beach Club resort (both resorts share one common dock) and then to the Dolphin/Swan (again, both resorts share one common dock) and then to MGM. For the return trip, the boat left MGM and went to Dolphin/Swan, then to Yacht Club/Beach Club and then to Boardwalk. If we'd stayed on that boat, the next stop would have been Epcot. So, if you catch the ferry from the Boardwalk dock to Epcot, there are no stops between the resort and that park. All that being said, I prefered the ferry to MGM over a bus ride to MGM.

Animal Kingdom seemed to be the farthest bus ride away. There is only one central bus stop at the front of the Boardwalk and the buses also stop at the Dolphin, the Swan, the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. HOWEVER, and I felt this was a plus, every bus stopped at the Boardwalk FIRST. So, if you were leaving to go to the Magic Kingdom or to Animal Kingdom, Boardwalk resort guests were the first ones on to relatively empty buses. As the bus went on down the line to the other resorts, those guests found it rather difficult in the early mornings to get seats on the buses as they were generally arriving already close to full. The only downside to this was that the Boardwalk was always last on the list for the drop off on the return rides back from said theme parks. That wasn't a big problem for me because I'd rather have first opportunity to load the bus than last! The ride to the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom wasn't too bad. It didn't really take any longer than it seemed to take when we took buses from Coronado Springs.
Overall, I'd have to give this resort an excellent rating with regards to ease of transportation to and from the parks - especially the MGM Studios and Epcot theme parks.

Now onto the resort itself. The Boardwalk is a neat resort! There's a lot to do at this resort and things really start to come alive out on the boardwalk at about five to six o'clock at night. The sun is beginning to wane, the temperature is somewhat better and it actually gets downright pleasant out there! There were a myriad of entertainers who were extremely lively and jovial! Everybody I saw looked like they loved their cast member position! There's lots to do and see on the boardwalk! From carnival games, to a traveling bicycle/piano player, magicians, jugglers - not to mention some of the carny games! You can rent a bike to pedal around the resort or even a boat to zip across the lake. Fun! Of course, the real attraction for the kids is the pool with the Keister Coaster. This is a 200' water slide made to look like an old wooden roller coaster. The slide dumps out of the mouth of a clown (scary!), but the kids LOVE this thing! My son went down this slide 45 times in a row if he went down it once. There's a nice poolside bar for adult beverages, but it also serves non-alcoholic drinks. The only downside to the pool was that there was no real food service near it. If you wanted, say, a burger, you had to go onto the boardwalk itself. No biggie, though! I didn't go to the pool to eat - I went to slide screaming out of a clown's mouth! We were there in mid/late July and the pool was busy but not over crowded. We had no problems finds chairs, tables, etc. There were also plenty of towels available poolside. The pool gets an excellent review from me! This pool does close rather early, though. It closed at 8:00pm, which I thought was early especially considering it was still light out until past 9:00, however there is a quiet pool that stays open until midnight.

This resort had a game room in that it had a room (small) and there were about five games in it. It was really not very good, but it had some games my son loved. It had Jurassic Park III which involved shooting dinosaurs (right up an 8 yr. old boy's alley), Mario Kart and some Fast and Furious game. The games run on cards that you swipe. The cards are dispensed from a machine and you can always add money/credits to your card at any time. The good thing is that these cards work on any games in any resort. I took my son over to the Contemporary Resorts BIG game room and he played the same three games he played at Boardwalk! Go figure! There's much more fun, family oriented stuff to do than sit in a gameroom anyhow. Think Surrey Bike!!!

For food, the Boardwalk is tops! Ok, so you've got the ESPN club on one side and that's a GREAT place to get wings, burgers, and similar fare. The atmosphere is awesome if you're a sports fan and there's always something goin on at the club. Also, if you're a guy, you have to check out the bathroom. I know, sounds weird, but hear me out here. Every stall had a flat panel tv hanging over it from the ceiling. There are also flat panel tv's by the sink. You can't miss a play even if you have to run to the restroom! How cool is that!! Can't say about what's in the ladies room, but I'd guess it was similarly equipped (maybe it had the all Desperate Housewives station running in there!!!). Had a great burger and fries at the ESPN Club and it was very reasonable.

We never made it into Spoodles, but the food always smelled marvelous as we passed by the restaurant. The menu also looked yummy!!! Well..... not the menu itself, but all the food listed on it. However, Spoodles did have a walk up pizza window that was the bomb! One night we got back to the resort from the Magic Kingdom and my son said, "Dad, I'm hungry!" I was too - go figure! I took a quick jaunt out to the Spoodles walk up window and ordered two slices of piping hot pizza and some cold root beer! In less than five minutes, I was back in the room with the food and we had a little pizza party! The pizza is goooood, too. It isn't the same stuff you can get from the parks. This is REAL pizza! Lots of gooey, drippy, hot cheese and the sauce had just the right amount of spice to it. Magnifico!!! You can order pizza by the slice or by the whole pie there right up until 11:45 pm! The window closes at midnight.

The real treat for dining is definitely the Flying Fish Cafe. I had a dinner of fresh scallops that was to die for. The Flying Fish recently won Best Seafood Restauarant in Orlando for 2006! Quite a feather in the cap of the chefs! The food is excellent and it is worth planning one night to dine there. The scallops are outstanding. The steak is also highly recommended. The food is very fresh and prepared to order. It was the most expensive meal from the trip, but also well worth it! You won't be disappointed if you dine here.

As far as noise was concerned, my room was not overlooking the boardwalk, so it wasn't noisy. We did have some drunk people that came down the hallway making quite a bit of racket at about 2:00am one night, but that wasn't the resort's fault. They must've been coming from Pleasure Island or somewhere, but they were rude people who weren't considerate of other guests. You can find that in any resort. I was able to hear them probably more than I would've heard them in the Coronado, but that's due to the encloses hallways (whereas the Coronado has open air walkways outside the doors).

All in all, I'm glad we didn't stay at the Wilderness, although I'd love to stay there and at the Animal Kingdom. However, the Boardwalk has just wowed my family with it's numerous amenities and conveniences. I'm afraid it has spoiled us for moderate resorts from now on!

• Liked — Great dining options and convenience to theme parks!
  • Disliked — Having to leave =(
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Disney's BoardWalk Inn? Share your experiences!