At first I was a little weary becuase of some of the comments below about the pool and the room but once I arrived I was more at ease. It's a very beautiful hotel and the room is very large. The set up of the bathroom was perfect - sink & mirror seperate from the toilet and shower. This made it fairly easy to share the room with three other adults.
We got very lucky because we were upgraded into the concierge floor so although we had a REALLY far walk to the room, it was worth it for the free wine, beer, snacks, breakfast, coffee, water ect.. Sure saved a lot of time and money knowing we had access to that! One note is the concierge staff wasn't as friendly as you would expect them to be. They almost seemed annoyed when asked a question.
The hotel is in a great location - walkable to epcot and MGM, the ferry to both is right out the back door and the bus to Disney and Animal kingdom is about a 1/2 hour ride. Note: get off at Swan and walk back to the hotel - it's quicker!
I had sent one of my shirts into the dry cleaner and somehow it became seperated (it was a shell with a tank & sheer cover attached). All I got back was the sheer cover and I was not happy. I got no where with the maid service on duty that night. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until the night before I was supposed to leave. I was very very upset and as I was walking down to the front desk to talk to demand to speak with the hotel manager, a food service person tried to help me. God bless this young man - he was an angel. He didn't leave me until I was calmed down. Anyway.. he put me in touch with the head of housekeeping and the very next day i met with her and she searched everywhere for my shirt - couldn't find it so reimbursed me for the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel