“Great location...Hotel could be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
You added Disney's BoardWalk Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #62 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, KY
“Great location...Hotel could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

My son and I had been to Disney four times and decided to try the Boardwalk Inn this time because we have always enjoyed hanging out on the boardwalk at night and this hotel always looked nice. This was a short trip for us July 1-4.

We arrived early (around 10a) and were pleasantly suprised that our room was ready. The lady that checked us in was very nice and we were quickly given information about the resort, all the parks, our passes, and then directed to our room. The room was very spacious and clean and had a nice balcony. The decor could really use some updates. Although clean, you could definitely tell that the wallpaper, furniture, etc had been there for years. It wasn't a major factor because we weren't in the room that much anyway.

We loved the location of this resort because we love the restaurants and atmosphere on the boardwalk (which worked great with the dining plan!) and the fact that you could easily walk or take a boat to MGM or Epcot. However, if you plan on going to any other park or Downtown Disney...beware. I've been at Disney before, stayed at All-Star Movies, Caribbean Beach, and Polynesian, and the transportation at the Boardwalk was by far the worst. We know that waiting for 20-30 minutes for a bus is common, but what we experienced here was ridiculous! We NEVER waited under 25 minutes and everytime we got on a bus, it also stopped at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Beach Club before getting to our destination. One time we waited 35 minutes for a bus to Downtown Disney and then had to go to 4 other resorts before geting there. So in all, we arrived at Downtown Disney an hour and a half after arriving at the bus stop. Other people there missed dinner reservation, etc. I can understand sharing a bus with another resort, but the Boardwalk Inn is a deluxe resort, and we had to share with 5 resorts, which is more than any of the other buses. For the money you pay for this resort, I think guests deserve better.

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Inverness Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2006

We were to check in the Boardwalk Inn for the last 2 days of June for the long holiday weekend. We have never been to Disney before despiting living in Florida and were very much looking foward to it. When making reservations we picked the Boardwalk Inn as the representative on the phone stated it had the wireless internet we required for business in the rooms and was one of the luxury resorts for a Florida resident special. The outside of the hotel is pretty and I thought the lobby was beautiful. We were pleased that when we arrived early that we could check in early and the valet staff was friendly. However, the friendliness stopped there. The hotel staff was very "vanilla" with no magic at all. A lifeless woman handed out cupcakes and a man was making balloon animals, but clearly was either tired or not in love with his job. Just not what we expected. We were guaranteed a king bed and nonsmoking room for medical reasons. We were stunned at out room, the beds were low standard hotel type, we had double beds instead of the king, the carpet was worn, the wallpaper was worn. Overall it was not the magic we thought it would be. We decided to make the best but then when we could not get our computer to work we went back to the lobby and they stated that they did not have wireless in the hotel. Which even smaller hotels have it, and a park the caliber of Disney it was very surprising. I was told the wireless they have is in their conference room and lobby only. We asked about other resorts and suprisingly were told no other wireless internet at the hotels at Disney, which not only did the representative state that they had but their own website advertises it on the resort pages. They do not state it is in the lobby area only. They do over data ports, which is not what we were equipped for and the cord was less than 2 feet long and at a charge of 9.95 a day, also not mentioned at reservation time nor on their website. We told them this was very upsetting and instead of offering or finding a way to fix it she blandly stated she would credit our credit card and we could go elsewhere. We will never return to Disney.

• Stayed June 2006
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for three nights in June. Overall, this is a nice hotel. We arrived early before our room was ready, but we were able to check in and get a telephone number to call to see when our room was ready. We had a room with two queen beds, and we found the room to be quite spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. I expected the pool to be larger, but it was fine. The location just cannot be beat - right on the boardwalk and within easy walking distance to the other Epcot resorts or Epcot itself.

• Stayed June 2006
Las Vegas. NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

There are some many things I would like to add but it would take too much time. I think by going to a Disney resort I made some of my own mistakes. I should have mentally prepared myself for the Disney life. I will say the first 2 hours at this hotel were a joke. We took the magical express in from MCO. It was a 20 minute wait which was not so bad. We got to the hotel and there were no lines for check in. I started checking in and based on other reviews I started asking the all important questions. How far are we from the elevator and do we have a board walk view? I was told we do not have a BW view but we have a pool view and we are not close to the elevators. The lady gave me a look that I only now remember. I wish she would have told me we were the furtherest room from the BW and the elevators. We walked to the room, it was about 300 yards from the lobby. They should offer gold cart service. We opened the door and a scent of smoke came out. The room was dirty and the people staying in it before us were smokers. The drapes were browninh yellow. I could not believe they were still hanging. We opened the door to see our pool view and saw the Swan hotel. Acually a construction site, it was impossible to see a pool. I called the front desk to get a new room and was told they could not move us for 4 days. At $450 per night that was not going to be the case. I was transfered over to the hotel manager. I spoke with him for some time before I told him I was coming to the lobby. We talked about how they advertise the web site and this room is not a fair representation of their site. He then decidied to come to my room to talk to me. I think he was worried that I was going to make a sceen in the lobby. (he was right) He came to my room and told me that he could put me in a normal room for $20 less per night with a BW view. I told him no. He really did not want to work with us at all. He also told me he has never seen the BW website @ disney(--)??? He finally said I could speak with the property manager as his arguements were lame and without merit. I spent no less than 45 seconds with the property manager. He said give me 10 minutes. He came out and explained he was going to bump a member to another room and give it to us. He said I must inspect it first to make sure we like it. I was blown away by how much nicer, cleaner this unit was. Now I see why there are so many one stars vs. 5 stars for this hotel. The first room we were in was a $175 a night room and the second was worth what we paid. That is why I gave this place 3 stars. To be honest, if we were placed in this room at first and did not have a 2 hour arguement with the staff I would have given them a 4 star rating. The location of this hotel is great, the boats come every 5 minutes for Epcot and MGM. The bus rides wait time can be 1 to 30 minutes. There are a lot of stops so be patient and prepared to wait. The fish resturant is unreal at the BW. The entertainment is great as well. The kids loved it and this really all that matters on a Disney trip. Be ready to spend money, wait in line and do not let them push you around any you will survive.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

The location can't be beat but, otherwise, the Boardwalk Inn was disappointing. The room was dark and not well maintained. It was hard to sleep late because the drapes didn't block the morning light. We were near one of the "quiet" pools, which was quite noisy w/ screaming children. Our three requests for help to subdue the children at the pool were ignored. We were in a "garden suite," but the garden looked like an atomic bomb test site (gardens on either side of us were nice, 'though). We sat outside on our patio often, but the chairs were standard-issue molded plastic--very uncomfortable. The living room television was SMALL. And we encountered a cock roach in the living room while we were packing to leave. The linens (towels & sheets) were cheap and thread-bare. On the plus side - the bed was very comfortable.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

We stayed at this "deluxe" hotel for one week over Easter, 2006. Previously we have stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Yacht and Beach Club, and figured it was time to try something new. For basically the same price and catagory, The Boardwalk Inn doesn't hold a candle to these other resorts. It is ten years old but it looked fifty-- our wallpaper was coming off in the room and our shower/tub area had rust and mold around the grout. The room smelled very musty and the decor was outdated.
Our biggest complaint was the pool area. The pool is large and our kids loved the waterslide but the chair situation was horrible. If you did not stake out a lounge chair by 9:30am, you were out of luck for most of the day. Forget about going to the parks early and then trying to relax by the pool in the afternoon unless you like to stand. If you were lucky enough to find a chair, you couldn't leave it for more than 10 minutes before it would be rudely repossessed by someone else. The pool manager was not helpful when we discussed the situation with him. He became known as the pool cop by many of the guests that weekend because if you left your chair for a swim or to get a snack, he would assume it was abandoned and promptly offer it to someone else.
There was no magic--at least not the kind you feel when you walk into the Grand Floridian or the good feeling you get when interacting with the staff at the Yacht and Beach Club. There really isn't anything special about this hotel. The boardwalk itself is unique, and the magicians and other acts there are really entertaining. Spoodles was very nice, the food was good and the staff there actually smiled. The other restaurants on the boardwalk were just OK. You are very close to Epcot and MGM but the bus ride to the Magic Kingdom is long. The water taxis were nice and ran very much on schedule.
In conclusion, for this price, I would definitely choose the other hotels I mentioned before settling for this one. The staff, the hotel and grounds, the service, and the clientele don't reflect a "deluxe" rating.

• Stayed April 2006
Chagrin Falls, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

We are DVC members and have stayed at all the DVC properties at WDW. Boardwalk, by far, is our favorite. The beds are the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. The rooms are clean, the staff is courteous and helpful, and it's just a wonderful resort. After staying at other DVC resorts and other Disney resorts (Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans & Animal Kingdom) I would NEVER stay anywhere else on points (if paying cash we would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - it's wonderful). The only complaint we have is there is no food court like they have at many of the other resorts. The places on the Boardwalk are on the pricey side and our kids are picky eaters so there isn't much there at BW to please them. We love the quiet pool and the Keister Coaster (water slide). It's a very short walk to EPCOT which is nice because you're not fighting large crowds to leave at the end of the night - walk out the back entrance and have a leisurely stroll back to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. It can't be beat!

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Disney's BoardWalk Inn? Share your experiences!