My son and I had been to Disney four times and decided to try the Boardwalk Inn this time because we have always enjoyed hanging out on the boardwalk at night and this hotel always looked nice. This was a short trip for us July 1-4.
We arrived early (around 10a) and were pleasantly suprised that our room was ready. The lady that checked us in was very nice and we were quickly given information about the resort, all the parks, our passes, and then directed to our room. The room was very spacious and clean and had a nice balcony. The decor could really use some updates. Although clean, you could definitely tell that the wallpaper, furniture, etc had been there for years. It wasn't a major factor because we weren't in the room that much anyway.
We loved the location of this resort because we love the restaurants and atmosphere on the boardwalk (which worked great with the dining plan!) and the fact that you could easily walk or take a boat to MGM or Epcot. However, if you plan on going to any other park or Downtown Disney...beware. I've been at Disney before, stayed at All-Star Movies, Caribbean Beach, and Polynesian, and the transportation at the Boardwalk was by far the worst. We know that waiting for 20-30 minutes for a bus is common, but what we experienced here was ridiculous! We NEVER waited under 25 minutes and everytime we got on a bus, it also stopped at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Beach Club before getting to our destination. One time we waited 35 minutes for a bus to Downtown Disney and then had to go to 4 other resorts before geting there. So in all, we arrived at Downtown Disney an hour and a half after arriving at the bus stop. Other people there missed dinner reservation, etc. I can understand sharing a bus with another resort, but the Boardwalk Inn is a deluxe resort, and we had to share with 5 resorts, which is more than any of the other buses. For the money you pay for this resort, I think guests deserve better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel