“Excellent hotel right in the middle of Disney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Boardwalk Inn

You added Disney's Boardwalk Inn to your Saves list
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #80 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel right in the middle of Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was perfect for a week touring the Disney theme parks. We could easily walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and get either a free courtesy bus to the other parks including Blizzard Beach or the boat taxi. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable with a fab view of the surrounding resort and a small balcony. We received use of the Disney dining plan included in our package which was a great asset. We used to go down to the bakery for pastries and coffee first thing and then used the take aways available in the parks for lunch. We then pre-booked a different restaurant each night in Epcot again using the dining plan. The evenings meals were great and saved us carrying too much cash around but we got bored of the lunch offerings by the end of the week.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
harahan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have stayed at many of the Disney deluxe resorts and we have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and the Boardwalk Villas many times. It is one of our favorite places mainly because of the location but also because of the decor and the service. This time I have to say we were disappointed by some of the rooms. The first rooms we had (2 nights) were recently updated, clean, quiet, and had a nice view. However, we switched rooms because when my son checked in the room he was given, next to ours, smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. They only other room available was at the other end of the hotel. They offered to change our room so that we could be closer so we accepted. This was a mistake. The new rooms were old, musty, had mold in one of the bathrooms and dressing areas, had a broken closet door, a stained bathroom floor and had sinks that poorly drained. They also were noisy since they were located on the walkway of people returning to the hotel from the bus. While we were out they sent housekeeping to clean the mold, however, on our return the mold was still there and there was a strong bleach smell. We cleaned off the mold ourselves. They did give us $50 off both rooms for one night. They should have given us money off for the remaining nights.
I really hate to give this hotel such a negative review, however, when you pay such a high price for a room you expect it to be much nicer. I guess we really noticed how bad these rooms were after being in the updated rooms that we were first given.
I would probably stay at the Boardwalk Inn again but I would definitely ask for an updated room. Otherwise I would stay at the Yacht Club where I have had nicer rooms. They also have a nicer pool.

Room Tip: Standard view rooms facing the quiet pool or courtyard are quieter.
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I'd agree with most of the posts, location is great! Short walk to Epcot and the boats to Hollywood Studios were always moving / short wait. (The walk to Studios was not too bad,but a bit long after a long day of walking in the park.) Either way, the location was great. We enjoyed the performers on the Boardwalk (and in the lobby of the hotel on the rainy night) in the evenings, and the waterfront view made our morning cup of coffee that much better. Staff was great, always around with the typical "Disney" smile on their faces. The only 'con' I would have is the busing to Magic Kingdom park. There does not seem to be enough buses going that direction, and when you add the Swan and Dolphin guests, the buses were always crowded, I stood each time (both ways) we went to MK. With that said, there is no doubt I'd return to the Boardwalk. The pool was a blast for the kids (7, 12, and 16 yr old). My 12 year old particularly liked the games the staff was playing with the kids at poolside, and I couldn't get my 7 year old off the Keister Coaster. The pool was a nice size / shape as well, so my wife could see them easily at all times and enjoy some quiet time together while they played. Oh, and for the adults, I'd also suggest you walk to the end of the Villas and spend some time at Jellyrolls. The dueling pianos, were a blast!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators. The hallways are quite long. If you can swing a waterfront view a...
Wadsworth, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel! Disney doesn't disappoint. BUT there are a few things to consider.
Pros: -Within walking distance or a short boat ride to Epcot & Hollywood Studios.
-Newly renovated rooms are very clean and nice.
-Can comfortably sleep 5 people. The couch converts to a twin size bed. This is a huge help since our two teenagers can't share a bed.
-Nice little balcony off our room.
Cons: -Bus rides to Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom can be long. The bus picks up Boardwalk Inn + Yacht & Beach Club + Swan & Dolphin. Bus also stops at Blizzard Beach on the way to Animal Kingdom. It took over an hour for us to get to AK. Quite a few times there were people standing on the bus trips.
-We were in room 4301 facing the front entrance and drive. It was very noisy. The walk way to the bus stop was right under our window and we could hear people coming back up to 12 and 1 at night. Lots of beeping trucks early in the morning too.
-Bathroom needed a better fan. After a shower EVERYTHING is soaked!
Overall a good hotel, but I think we prefer the Beach Club, only because it's a closer walk to Epcot.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a one bedroom suite, which was wonderful because it came with a full kitchen. The general store downstairs had enough quickie food supplies so that we could have breakfast in the room. That turned out great because breakfast is a problem. There is a full service restaurant downstairs which was not great, but fine. But we were usually in a hurry to get to the parks in the morning. There is also a bakery, but the lines are very long because everyone else in this large property is also trying to get to the parks. The room was very nicely appointed and very clean. The bed was comfortable. My major complaint is that the transportation to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney was problematic. Between the long wait for the bus and stopping at other resorts on the way, it could take a full hour to get to these parks. This is something Disney needs to address rather quickly. I should also mention that the Disney internet servers are apparently overtaxed. Our room was at the edge of the property, and internet was spotty. But connections weren't very good anywhere on property. Transportation and breakfast aside, this is a great resort.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rooms near the edge of the property if you want consistent wifi. We had the l...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I love this resort and the location. I love being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios without dealing with the buses. If you would like to take the boat to Epcot and Hollywood you can do that as well. You can also walk to the Swan and Dolphin, Beach Club and Yacht Club. The atmosphere out on the Boardwalk is very neat and my kids loved it.

The rooms were nice and comfortable. I've stayed in Disney Resorts over the years at the different levels and this one absolutely meets my expectation of this class of Disney hotels. It was nice, clean and perfectly themed.

We made two trips here in the past month. The first we stayed in a standard room. It was nice, clean and comfortable. The balcony was overlooking the courtyard and a smaller pool.

The second trip I booked in the club level room. The room was identical, but was right over the smaller pool. The club level treatment was nice. You don't check in at the main desk, you check in upstairs right outside of the club level. Someone escorted us upstairs where we could sit down and enjoy saltwater taffy while we checked in. The club lounge was nice as well. They had different food and snacks throughout the day. Breakfast was adequate. Pastries, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, etc. They have limitless soft drinks in cans, coffee and Evian water for club guests. They had snacks throughout the day (their sugar cookies are pretty yummy). It worked out great since I took a couple of kids. They play Disney movies and the staff in the lounge was friendly and very helpful. A couple would even start singing and acting out Frozen scenes with my kids. They had a great time.

Just a note- I think if a traveler is expecting Ritz or Four Seasons quality because the class is called "Deluxe" it's very possible they could be disappointed. But my expectations aren't that lofty for Disney hotels. You are paying for the fact that it's Disney. And Boardwalk is definitely a step up from their moderate resorts which I also find to be comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

You can't help but be impressed by the theme of the hotel, the entrance, the lobby, the proximity to the Boardwalk, Epcot and the boat to MGM, but the rooms in this hotel are not that impressive. I felt that the theme in the room was over the top, drop the themed curtains and shower curtain. The bedroom was on the smaller side and the bathroom very average. We stayed for 2 nights and ended up doing the two parks furthest away (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom), so we drove to these. On the plus side you get the chance to book Fastpasses early and get Extra Magic Hours, which are very useful in peak periods. Having tried the Beach club, Grand Floridian and Contemporary, I felt that this was the least impressive Disney property. Next time if I was traveling in peak times, I will likely try the Polynesian or stay close by in Lake Buena Vista.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!