“Okay , but overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Inn

You added Disney's BoardWalk Inn to your Saves list
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #62 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Okay , but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Decided to splurge since we don't visit Disney on a regular basis. Rooms are nice, ample size for 2 people. Would be cramped with more. Bed was comfortable, just a little on the hard size - just depends on ones personal preference.
Long walk from elevate or to room, esp tough when feet are tired after a long day at the park. No places to eat inside; all the restaurants are on the boardwalk . Went over to the beach club for breakfast to the cape may inn. Very good breakfast/brunch.
Check in ahead if you have the my Disney experience. It was quick and pleasant.
Front staff very welcoming. Girl at valet- obviously Mickey needs to give her a few lessons.
All-in-all, if you have the resources I would stay here or at the yacht or beach club. Epcot is a short walk or boat rise away.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We arrived at about 10:00 am and had a short wait for check in. Our room (5308) was ready upon arrival. We had done online check in and requested a high floor, with a fireworks view and Disney certainly delivered! The room was very comfortable and spacious. The air conditioner worked very well. Everything was clean and in working order. We elected do to self parking and declined help with our baggage, which made things a little tough on us (our own fault). The parking is quite a ways away from the lobby and rooms on the Inn side.

There were 3 elevators serving our side and we never had to wait very long. We watched Illuminations from our balcony. We used bus transportation to Magic Kingdom once and had a longer than usual wait for a VERY full bus. After getting on the bus we went to the Dolphin and then the Swan. We used boat transportation to Hollywood Studios and walked to Epcot several times, with no excessive wait time for the boats. One evening we boarded a boat at the Studios and the water taxis got shut down due to lightning in the area. We were told buses would be put into service to run to the resorts, or we could wait on the boat. After waiting about 15 minutes we decided to walk back. We were always able to beat the boat back to the hotel when we were walking without increasing our pace at all.

We had pizza from the Pizza Window, which was good. We also had several things from the Boardwalk Hot Dog Cart, all of which were good (corn dog, fried ravioli, cheese fries). Service there can be slow at peak times as they only have so much capacity with the fryers there. They were also unable to use the Magic Bands at that location when we were there for some reason. Finding a table was a challenge one evening as it was very crowded, but we did get one. We had cupcakes from Boardwalk Bakery and they were good as well. We bought ponchos and an umbrella at the Screen Door during a monsoon.

We liked the location of the hotel, and did not have any problems with service. Housekeeping came early in the day and was effective. Water pressure was good and internet service was good. Somehow we missed the "atmosphere" here -- not real sure how we did that. I am sure it was something wrong with us as there is nothing wrong with the hotel. We stayed 3 nights. We enjoyed our stay, but for the money we will probably go back to the monorail resort loop next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided that we wanted the connivence of staying in the park since we planned on visiting Epcot and Hollywood studios. The hotel is a beautiful place, very upscale, and you can walk to Epcot in minutes,or take a boat ride there or to Hollywood studios.
Check in was a breeze, we were approached by a employee with a tablet, who checked us in while we sat in the lobby. She brought over or information packet and was very friendly and helpful. The new Disney bands make it very easy to do everything. They open your doors, give you access to all the parks, buy anything, and use the fast pass for rides.take the time to download the My Disney Experience app for your smart phone, it gives you the ability to do everything from real time maps, reservations, and more.
The hotel is beautiful and upscale, with comfortable beds and nice rooms. We had a corner room, which had a balcony and two windows that was located on the top floor, and only had to share one common wall, which was a good thing. For 300-400 a night I didn't expect paper thin walls. You heard every conversation and child squeal from your neighbors, which was VERY annoying.
The boardwalk area is a nice place to visit, especially in the early evening. There is a great bakery there, and a few restaurants , some very upscale and VERY expensive. I'm a beer guy, so I suggest the Big River Brewing company, nice selection of beers and good food. There are no restaurants in the hotel itself, which was inconvenient for the amount you have to pay to stay here. The area hotels have them, but prepare for the usual Disney sticker shock when eating in them.
If you can get past the ridiculously thin walls, and no place to eat, I'd suggest staying here. The location alone is worth staying here, especially if you want minimum hassle visiting the parks.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room size was okay for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathroom was not user friendly in the least. I had to wrench the tub faucet on and off when we used it as otherwise it dripped. The shower head if not adjusted just right sprayed water out of the tub onto the floor. If it was vented it didn't work and consequently the bathroom and room smelled and felt damp. The bed was fairly comfortable but the bedding while clean felt damp. The fridge barely kept my mother's prescription and the kids' juices cool. Considering the price of the room there should have been a microwave too. The quiet pool was very nice for my mother. The Villa Inn pool was wonderful for the 2 kids. The location was convenient for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The Disney transportation bus rides to Magic Kingdom were very long and getting from Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney was a nightmare. We had to walk to the Contemporary Resort from the Magical Kingdom to get a bus to Downtown Disney. There was no direct bus from the Magical Kingdom. The lack of a restaurant to get breakfast was stunning the only thing available was the bakery if you wanted pastries, bagels or one of 3 kinds of cereal. Next time I would find a close Hampton Inn (it has fridges and microwaves,comfy beds and breakfast too for 1/2 the cost) and just drive to the park of choice for the day.

Bethpage, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Wonderful decision, close to Epcot and Magic Kingdom, fabulous pool, cozy, charming remake of Atlantic City Boardwalk and old time charm. Delicious restaurant options, especially Kouzzinis waffles for breakfast. Large bathrooms, perfect choice!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor facing the inside courtyard, facing the boardwalk could be a bit noisier
LaGrange, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We've just returned from a 10-day/9-night stay at Disney's Boardwalk Inn, travel dates March 1, 2014-March 10, 2014, and we had the vacation of a lifetime! We traveled as three adults and a child, my husband, my daughter (20), our son (17), and me. We love, love, LOVE this resort. We enjoy its close proximity to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as the nightlife on the Boardwalk itself. The desserts at the Boardwalk Bakery are to die for! It truly was "home away from home" for us. We have stayed here before, but never for this length of time. We have stayed in both deluxe and moderate resorts. I prefer the deluxe resorts, Boardwalk being my top choice.

Upon our arrival, we were met at the door by cast member Nick with his iPad to facilitate the check-in process. I had already checked-in online which made it even easier. I had requested a certain room, with a particular view. Since it was our 23rd wedding anniversary, we wanted everything to be special. Nick let me know that the room we were assigned was "close" to what I had requested and he saw the disappointment on my face. So, he went to see what he could do and he was able to put us in the exact room that I had wanted, #4306, with my perfect view! I didn't request a particular room number. I only described the view that I had dreamed of having on this vacation and Nick went out of his way to find out which room would fulfill that wish. :) We had arrived around 1:00 p.m., so our room wasn't quite ready. We had planned to just go to Downtown Disney while we waited for the room. We only had enough time to pick up our resort rapid refill mugs at the Boardwalk Bakery before we received a text that our room was already ready for us! It was less than 30 minutes!

Our room was so spacious, clean, well-appointed, and quiet. It must have been one of the newly refurbished rooms. I found nothing wrong with it (with the exception of a little one arriving next door two days before we checked out that literally screamed at the top of his/her lungs at the parents when awake. SCREAMED. Fortunately, we were rarely in the room when "precious" was, so it was never something that bothered us for long or kept us awake. I just found myself feeling sorry for the parents. None of this was the Boardwalk's fault, though.) Mousekeeping was AMAZING! We had Maria for eight of the ten days... absolutely exceptional... and every day she left us the cute, little towel animals. If she didn't make a new one, she would move the existing ones to a funny location, like on the back of the sofa, or on the desk, placing my daughter's pen in it as a pen holder. Too cute! We were also pleasantly surprised the next day to find an autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie, congratulating us on 23 years of marriage, along with special Boardwalk Inn chocolates. What a special touch! We also had a message that day from Mickey and Minnie singing "Happy Anniversary" to us.

I love the classy feel of this resort. The theme is spectacular. The lobby is beautifully decorated. Disney's attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. Even the elevators were bright with marble flooring and mirrored walls, and you never felt them move... unlike the Polynesian's that actually scare me because they're so dark, small, and rickety.

We never used the Disney transportation system because we had a rental car for the entire stay. So, I am unable to provide a review of that.

I slept soundly every night because the beds were SO comfortable. The double sink was a nice feature for two ladies getting ready every morning. My daughter and I placed our clothes in the armoire and put our suitcases away in the spacious closet. We had plenty of room for four and never felt crowded. The shower had great water pressure and was always very clean... a MUST for me. Kuddos, Maria!

We enjoyed our balcony and the view of the Epcot ball and the France Pavilion every day, with a view of Illuminations every night. We were able to enjoy the quiet pool twice during our visit. It was so relaxing. There were always plenty of towels beside the pool for guests.

We were able to enjoy dinner at Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Friday night (the cinnamon-stewed chicken is PHENOMENAL!). My husband and I also took a few strolls on our own on the Boardwalk, where we were able to enjoy a few of the street performers. So much fun! Nick Paul was so entertaining! We were a short walk to Disney's Beach Club where we had breakfast at Cape May Cafe and later that evening, we had the infamous "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches n Cream Soda Shop. I highly recommend both experiences! Don't forget to make advanced dining reservations for those. I didn't mind Boardwalk Bakery's breakfast bowl on one morning, but it wasn't my favorite breakfast. The only lunch item I liked there was the apple-cranberry-chicken salad. I didn't really care much for the sandwiches. I suggest planning breakfast and lunch elsewhere. You can't go wrong with its desserts, though! (key lime tart, strawberry cupcake, and cheesecake brownie... drool!) If you love cheese or pepperoni pizza, you need to have lunch or dinner from the Boardwalk Pizza Window. For only two quick service credits, you get a large pizza. The eight slices of cheesy wonder were so yummy and enough to feed our family of four! The gift shop located on the Boardwalk, The Screen Door, is always really nice. We had items we bought in the parks delivered there on three separate occasions and the transaction went smoothly each time. Two of the cast members there, Wendy and Rebecca, were very kind and friendly to us.

Our MagicBands worked perfectly every time. My suggestion would be to put the MagicBand on with Mickey's head facing away from you, or appearing upside-down to you, in order to be able to match it up perfectly to the room door, the park entrance scanners, and fastpass+ scanners.

We asked for, and were granted, an extended check-out until 1:00 p.m. That was so helpful because of our flight time! Our only problem during our 10-day stay occurred when my son became ill two days before we left and we had a nasty run-in with a worker on the Friendship boats that provide service to and from the resorts and nearby parks. Jorge from Dearfield Beach, FL was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered. My son barely made it off the boat and got sick. Jorge proceded to yell at us (YELL AT US) to, "Get off the dock! Ma'am! I need you OFF. THE. DOCK!", while my son was vomiting into the water. My son was so sick that he could barely walk and we had departed the boat so that he wouldn't get sick on the boat and ruin other passengers' experiences or cause a mess for the boat crew. While I understand "procedure", my son and I needed help, and instead, we were yelled at to get out of his way when we were up the ramp and he was leaning over the edge of a railing because he couldn't physically make it any further. When the night manager at the Boardwalk Inn, Jose, heard about what happened to us, he went above and beyond to make it up to us and offered to get us medical attention as well. He even called for the Friendship's night manager, Nathan, who went out of his way to come over to talk to us after 11:00 p.m. They were both amazing to us... understanding and kind. I hope that Jorge from Dearfield Beach, FL is never allowed to treat another person like he treated us. It was despicable and the worst treatment I have EVER received from anyone Disney-related and I have traveled to WDW eight times.

Other than that dreadful experience, completely NOT the Boardwalk Inn's fault, we had the best vacation we have ever had the pleasure of taking... a much-needed get away with absolutely perfect weather in a perfect setting! Other than wanting to try the Grand Floridian on our next visit, I will always call Disney's Boardwalk Inn "home".

Room Tip: If you are looking for peace and quiet, request a room on a higher level and on the garden side or n...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We loved this resort! Why? Because it has everything you could want in a Disney World resort, especially for adults or families that love Epcot or Hollywood Studios. You can walk to either of them very easily. The rooms are a great size, we had 4 women in one room, with a double sink in the bathroom area it made getting ready very simple. Their beds are very comfortable, the linens are top shelf! We had a very nice balconey with a perfect view of the lake and the boats that come and go. You can stroll along the boardwalk and visit the many shops or grab a quick meal or a cocktail and sit and enjoy the whole area! Splurch and stay here the next time you visit Walt Disney World!

Room Tip: Pay the alittle bit extra for the water view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Disney's BoardWalk Inn? Share your experiences!