“Rooms need updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Boardwalk Inn

Save Saved
You added Disney's Boardwalk Inn to your Saves list
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #56 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Ocean Gate, New Jersey
“Rooms need updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The bathrooms are dingy and the patio's are bleak. The desk in the room is an ancient joke. For $400+ a night in Florida I expect better. 1st night here the jackhammer inch began at 12:15. Staff are very pleasant and common areas are beautiful. Elevators look like they have not been polished / cleaned in months. Most of the patio lighting is broken. Decor and beds are good and furniture is that of more a budget hotel. This is no Hyatt Regency and it appears an interior overhaul is past due.

Stayed November 2013

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Recently stayed at the Boardwalk on business. Like other Disney higher-end hotels the service and atmosphere were excellent. Only ran into one employee who made you fel like you were bothering her with your questions.
The room was one of the lower priced rooms but was large, neat, and most importantly didn't have that "hotel oder" that can be found in many hotels near water and in humid climates.
The grounds and building were impecably clean
It had been almost 17 years since my last visit to a Disney hotel (Yacth Club) and everything is still top notch. One of the best new things I found was upon checking out, I could check my luggage with the airline right at the hotel and even get my boarding pass at the hotel- what convenience!
Am hoping to get back down for vacation next year and the Boarwalk is definitely on the hotle list.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the second floor. This is actually the main floor. It can be a long way fr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family of 5 absolutely loved this resort. Upon checking in we got a great upgrade to a water view room without asking. The room was pretty standard - but very clean, beds comfy and balcony nice and roomy- the views are stellar. Great shower, plenty of towels and nice crisp clean bedding.
For such a HUGE resort with SO many people staying, I was surprised to find it got so quiet at night for sleeping - huge plus for our family with 3 young children.
The boardwalk is just awesome at night - so much fun for the kids, the magic acts and entertainment were top notch. The pool was great - clean, warm and never crowded! Kids LOVED the slide despite the creepy clown opening!
Staff was so great about helping to reserve fast passes on the magic band since I had no idea what I was doing. THANK YOU to Elise who went over everything with me 3 times without getting the least bit annoyed that I was so clueless and wasn't understanding magic bands. You helped make first day so smooth!!
The bakery on property is AMAZING The water taxi's are so fast and efficient - we loved taking them. Fast 5 minute walk to Epot - 15 to Hollywood Studios, but we preferred water taxi.
We did NOT use the busses much as we found them to be so slow, and stressful getting back to resort after a long day. Taxi's are readily available at all times and was perfect for us.
Would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: ask for a room near elevators or you could have a long long walk. room 4279 is AWESOME .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Celebration, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Let me start by saying unless you pay the $15 to valet your car (we did), the walk to our room from the parking lot was easily be over half a mile.

The location of the boardwalk is great. You have Epcot on the right and DHS on the left. A quick walk or boat ride to either and you could be in a park within 20 minutes. Plus the restaurants, arcade, piano bar and bakery are right at your resort. The boardwalk is fun at night because the little street shows come out. Sadly, the boardwalk itself is much better than the hotel.

Our room (3207) was extremely noisy. I could hear the band playing at the UK Pavilion at night, which wasn't so bad. However, the cast entrance right under our room was awful.The carts started between 5 and 6, the yelling to each other came around the same time. Oh, and our view of the AC generator was... fantastic.

I think had we had a better room, the experience wouldn't have been as awful. The balcony was large. But the bathroom was dirty. There were hairs stuck to the towels. The one sink was chipped and didn't work. The beds and bathroom setup are both better at Coronado where the rooms were redone a few years ago. I understand going back in time to Coney Island, but Deluxe it is not.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went last september to Disney's Boardwalk Inn for my wife's birthday and Epcot Food & Wine. This was our first time at a Deluxe Hotel in Disney, after some moderates and values.

This hotel has a great location, just behind the EPCOT, in front of Disney's Boardwalk and, in my opinion, better than Downtown Disney. The hotel looks old, but has certain magical. The room was awesome, we took one in the corner, that had a V layout, bigger than the standard.

The location permits that you walk to Epcot, just around the corner, and to Hollywood Studios, through a nice pathway by the river. It's excellent for the Epcot lovers, like me.

So, we arrive 2 days before Epcot Food & Wine Festival, and everything was going ok untillll.... the Food & Wine.....

In the launch day of food & wine, they made some presentations in the hotel convention center, what made the parking lot FULL, making me park my car in the other side of the road outside the resort. Just a comment, we were with a disable cousin, and everytime I had to leave her in from of the hotel, and park far far away. So, I spent more than 6k dollars in a week, to park outside the hotel? That was the nice treatment that I received from the hotel.

Other point is the restaurants for breakfast/lunch/dinner. There are all in the Boardwalk, so, if start to rain, you will get wet to take to any restaurant. Some, like bakery, that is wonderful, don't have inside table and chairs, so if is raining, you have to get wet, buy some food, get wet again, and eat in your room.

That's a nice place, but next time I just stay there if I could find a cheaper offer, or rent some DVC points to stay in Boardwalk Villas, with my own kitchen.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with epcot view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for a quick 3 night stay during the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. The location was PERFECT for enjoying the Festival as you can easily walk right to the World Showcase entrance at Epcot.

I got a great deal on the room through Travelocity which was much cheaper than booking direct through Disney. I was worried that I might be making things more complicated booking through an outside company but it was no problem. We still got Magical Express and our Magic Bands were sent to us very quickly.

We checked in early (around 10:00 am) and I did not expect our room to be ready but it was! It was a bit of a walk from the lobby to our room location but we had a lovely garden view so it was worth it.

The room was large, clean and well appointed. Beds were comfortable. My one complaint about Disney resort rooms is always the lighting and that holds true at the Boardwalk as well. Some better lighting would have been nice.

I would definitely stay at the Boardwalk again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have stayed at most of the Disney resorts on property. Our last trip was a last minute get away so our choices were limited. We have stayed at the Boardwalk villas many times but not the Inn. So lovely and quiet back there. There are sweet cottages in the back overlooking beautiful gardens and a pool that other guests seem to be unaware of. The rooms are very large with two queen beds and a pullout couch. Very well appointed. Give this a try for a quiet get away.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden or water view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!