We booked this hotel via Hotels.com for 5 nights with great expectations. It was not cheap. Now it may just be me - but am I the only one to think that if you don't book direct with Disney you are treated in a slightly inferior way? Let me explain with the example of the room that we were allocated. For those who know the property we were in a room at the end of an extremely long corridor somewhere over the ESPN restaurant area. One immediate niggle for us is the pillows which resemble giant marshmallows and for us did not give a quality night's rest. However, in the bathroom, one of the washbasins had a large dark crack in the bowl - hardly hygienic.
It had been a long trip so we reported it the following morning and to give credit where it is due, we were allocated another room much closer to the main part of the hotel without fuss. So aren't such problems reported by Housekeeping or the rooms inspected? Or more the case, do they simply rely on some customers just accepting the room as it is? Perhaps the Hotel is due for some updating. We certainly believe so.
We do love the Boardwalk area and have visited the Hotel on many previous occasions - especially the Belle View Bar with it's colonial atmosphere, although this too can be the venue for extremely loud/excitable customers without a thought for others sharing the same space.
Would we return? Probably not as other hotels give more for less money and probably have to try harder to compete with Disney hotels.
It is a hotel in beautiful surroundings which we needed to get out of our system. We had also dropped a lot of hints about celebrating our Wedding Anniversary but received no further acknowledgement from Disney.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn is a Disney Deluxe Resort that captures the charm, whimsy and elegance of 1940s Atlantic City. Sitting along a boardwalk packed with amusements, the Resort offers dynamic views of activity below and of the glittering waters of Crescent Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Amex, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Boardwalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.