“Disney Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
You added Disney's BoardWalk Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #63 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, Canada
“Disney Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Met family at the Disney Boardwalk hotel for a week of fun. Caught a Disney shuttle from the Orlando airport and dropped us off at the front doors of the Boardwalk hotel. Boardwalk hotel was clean, quiet and transportation to the various parks was excellent. We went the last week of October so park line ups were not too bad. The Electric parade was great. More importantly I felt very safe on the Disney world resort. It is on the pricey side, but I guess you get what you pay for. The convenience of staying on the park site was well worth it. I will definitely return in the future, hopefully with other younger family members.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The rooms are immaculate, spacious and in good repair, the staff are friendly, the beds are comfortable and the hotel is a five minute walk from EPCOT. The hotel has good facilities too. With a sauna and steam room in the gym area, a jacuzzi next to the quiet pool and free wireless internet, there is a lot to like about this place. The only drawback is the price. While we got a room with a fantastic view of the lake and plaza for a mere $220 a night because February 1 is about as "off-season" as you can get, this room sky-rockets to nearly triple that rate during vacation periods. I can see paying $300 a night, I can even see $350. But $655 a night? That is just crazy talk.

Room Tip: Water side rooms give you great views but you will hear lots of water taxi horns until around midnig...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Disney offers a variety of hotels for a variety of tastes, features, and budgets. I've stayed at most starting with the original 2 (Poly & Contemp) back in the 70's, and became a vacation club member in the 1st year or so of operation ('93). I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas when it opened in '96, and just returned from a stay. It is not among my favorite DVC properties, but does have it's attraction and advantages. The pros: Easy access to 2 of the parks (Hollywood Studios & EPCOT), most conveniently by boat (launch) running at short & regular intervals, and being in the heart of the EPCOT resort area. In other words, location. The Boardwalk itself is themed to the hayday of the Atlantic City Boardwalk & has numerous shops, restaurants, clubs, & attractions. There is, of course, the obvious advantage of a family-style villa (or smaller studio), be it a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom. While my list of 'pros' is short, it's significant. Location can be paramont. Also, the nightclub or ESPN crowd will like this resort. The advantage of a villa can be had at any DVC resort.
The cons: I point these out not to be necessarily critical, rather so you know what to expect. 1st, parking is a real hassel. Unlike some DVC resorts you can't park at your villa, rather in remote central lots which are a hike. You can valet park - at a price. You can stop at the front just to unload & villas can be a long way off. When you pull up, staff is ready (& eager) to load your luggage on a cart - a separate bellman delivers to your villa, so there are 2 to tip. This is a very large complex, so your room/villa can be a very long way off, and potentially a very long walk to the actual boardwalk.
The original 3 DVC locations (Old Key West, Vero Beach, & Hilton Head), built around '92-'94, were much more spacious, comfortable, and accomodating. I had a chat with a DVC exec around the building of the Boardwalk Villas, who said they had realized they'd been wasting a lot of square footage. I disagree. Spaciousness is luxury. The original Disney World location, Old Key West, has room for a family to enjoy. It has a large dining area & full size table, and a spacious living room with a huge easy chair that can fit 2, along with an L-shape sofa arrangement of a 2 seat sofa & 3 seat sofa. Six can sit & chat comfortably. The Boardwalk LR is cramped, with one not-so-easy chair & a 2 cusion (sleeper) sofa that can seat 3, but we found not very comfortable. Totally, only 4 can sit comfortably. Dining is at a very small table with 2 chairs & 2 more chairs at a shelf on the kitchen half-wall. The kitchen is VERY compact. The 2nd BR lock-off has a queen & a sleeper sofa. So, you have a 2 BR villa, but only 2 beds. Someone is bound to get stuck on the 2 sleeper sofas, which may be OK for kids. Overall, the villas are showing their 17 years of wear & tear. They refurb every so often, but ours was rather worn. Balconys are very small with 2 chairs. For comparison, Old Key West has large balconys with a table & 4 chairs you can eat dinner on.
So, chose this resort if it suits your needs. The location will have advantages for many, but there are far better DVC resorts. The overall complex, to me, has the appearance & feeling of not-so-high-end apartments. We stayed for 2 nights this trip. It was nice to be on the boards for that time, but it was nicer to then move to another DVC resort for the remainder of our vacation.
Note: We stayed at Bay Lake Towers DVC the rest of our visit, which is a high security building. We then stayed at DVC Hilton Head en rt. home, which is on it's own island & you cannot even get onto the island unless you're staying there. The Boardwalk, however, is different. Many people not actually staying here have access & come there to walk the boards, party & drink, or go to the dance club. Theme Park goers can easily exit a park & access your resort. Be particularly aware of security here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Two friends and I had adjoining rooms for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. We all agreed we had picked the perfect resort for our time at Walt Disney World. We were a 5-10 minute walk to Epcot (for Pasta in the Park and the finish of the Marathon), a 10-15 minute walk to Hollywood Studios, the Swan, the Dolphin, the Beach Club and the Yacht Club Resorts. We were happy to have the water taxi as a post-marathon transporation option. The buses ran frequently, and if you find yourself in a rush there were cabs available (we took one to the Contemporary Resort one night at a $15 fare.)

We're all in our early 30's and appreciated having a few places to go for drinks on the Boardwalk. There was the Disney Dance Club, Piano Bar ($12 cover charge every night we were there), Brew Pub and ESPN Zone, not to mention a few restaurants and a general store where we could pick up a few things for the room.

I agree with other reviewers that the rooms were dated and could use a makeover, but thought they were mostly clean and well maintained. They were quite large too. The room decor was not my style, but i found the grounds, lobby and common spaces charming and welcoming.

We had a great experience working with the Concierge Desk one afternoon and felt they went far and beyond to make our stay comfortable and "magical". I recommend using them to add park passes if you have not already purchased them, or if you need dinner options/reservations.

On the afternoon prior to the marathon we had a few hours by one of the small pools which was a welcome adult only experience. There were 2 smaller pools on the hotel grounds (one with a hot tub) and the Luna Pool which was quite accomodating to families. The gym was available 24 hours which was perfect because I could use a foam roller the morning of the marathon.

Room Tip: Standard rooms 5300, 5302, 5304, 5306 and 5308 have views of Epcot. The hotel was able to meet a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Shoreham, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

As A DVC member I was unaware that WDW policy changed as to personal mobile scooters. WDW now has 5 chosen scooter companies with sanction scooters. Since I had the renegade scooter I was chastised by Brian the valet for not having the chosen scooter when I asked where I should park it while going out with the family. As this was our first visit and being more familiar with the Beach Club this was never an issue. Needless to say I was taken back by his non-magical demeanor and was quite embarrassed in front of my family and other resort guests. I requested immediately to see a resort guest relations person who explained the new policy and assisted me in a professional manner to accommodate my request. When I returned I learned that the valet service people are now outsourced for various financial reasons by Disney. Obviously, they are not trained to the extent that they should be for we notice throughout our stay a certain amount of disdain and disgruntled behavior. As for the rest of the staff members we found them much more cordial and professional. As for the resort and our room it met the typical Disney high standards.

Room Tip: Boardwalk Villas are located a good walking distance from the front desk and elevators. Only one se...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

There is great attention to detail in the lobby of the Boardwalk Inn - as with all the other Vacation Club properties. We had a studio room that overlooked the Kiester Koaster pool. The room (although it was oddly shaped) was very large compared to a typical WDW resort room although the balcony was very small. Despite being on the "main" floor and overlooking the main themed pool, the room was very quiet.

The resort is a ten minute walk along the waterway to Hollywood Studios and a five minute walk to the "side" entrance to EPCOT. It proved much easier and shorter to walk to the parks than to take busses or water taxis. If you are fit and up to it, this is the place to stay.

Just a note on the main pool. Clowns to not creep me out like they do some people. However, a water slide that shoots you out of clown's mouth was a little weird.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oceanside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is ALMOST perfect! The location is beautiful, the rooms and hotel are attractive and there is a lot to do, whether you are with a family, friends or travelling alone. Also, the service is Disney at its best!!
The one issue with this hotel is the THIN walls. I heard the woman in the room next to me coughing all night. I could hear kids and adults running down the hallway talking and laughing. I could even hear the housekeeper and room service knocking on other doors. For the price that is charged, I would expect better soundproofing in a resort. The thin walls are akin to a lower-rated hotel. If you are a light sleeper, it would be a good idea to think twice about staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with little foot traffic around it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Disney's BoardWalk Inn? Share your experiences!