Two friends and I had adjoining rooms for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. We all agreed we had picked the perfect resort for our time at Walt Disney World. We were a 5-10 minute walk to Epcot (for Pasta in the Park and the finish of the Marathon), a 10-15 minute walk to Hollywood Studios, the Swan, the Dolphin, the Beach Club and the Yacht Club Resorts. We were happy to have the water taxi as a post-marathon transporation option. The buses ran frequently, and if you find yourself in a rush there were cabs available (we took one to the Contemporary Resort one night at a $15 fare.)
We're all in our early 30's and appreciated having a few places to go for drinks on the Boardwalk. There was the Disney Dance Club, Piano Bar ($12 cover charge every night we were there), Brew Pub and ESPN Zone, not to mention a few restaurants and a general store where we could pick up a few things for the room.
I agree with other reviewers that the rooms were dated and could use a makeover, but thought they were mostly clean and well maintained. They were quite large too. The room decor was not my style, but i found the grounds, lobby and common spaces charming and welcoming.
We had a great experience working with the Concierge Desk one afternoon and felt they went far and beyond to make our stay comfortable and "magical". I recommend using them to add park passes if you have not already purchased them, or if you need dinner options/reservations.
On the afternoon prior to the marathon we had a few hours by one of the small pools which was a welcome adult only experience. There were 2 smaller pools on the hotel grounds (one with a hot tub) and the Luna Pool which was quite accomodating to families. The gym was available 24 hours which was perfect because I could use a foam roller the morning of the marathon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel