“Awesome place to visit, but not sure if I'd stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Boardwalk Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Disney's Boardwalk Inn to your Saves list
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #75 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Dedham, Massachusetts
“Awesome place to visit, but not sure if I'd stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I love visiting The Boardwalk while I'm in Disney, but the biggest complaint I have for staying there is that there are no separate restaurants for resort guests only. You have to go down to the boardwalk to get breakfast, or a drink. Other than that, I love this place! You can walk to Epcot in under 10 minutes!! I was not happy with my room because it was on the first floor near the smoking area, and you could smell it. But I was here on business, and hardly spent any time in my room. Had I been here for pleasure, I would have asked for a new room. The service is wonderful, and in all Disney Resorts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Boardwalk Inn (As well as the Beach Yacht Club) are located between Epcot & Disney Studios...you can walk to each if you like or take a frequent boat.. Plenty of dining choices and the hotel is probably a bit more adult oriented. We had total peace. Just try to make sure you get a room closer to the lobby, those halls can get very long if you are at the extreme ends and when you are dragging your feet at the end of a day that is not what you want.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the lobby unless you love long walks, you have to go to the center to get down to the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Let me begin by saying that for me the bar at Disney is rather high. After all...no one does hospitality like Disney. By their standards the hotel looks a bit worn and could be cleaner(dirty windows and cigarette butts in the landscape bed off our patio). I would also recommend avoiding the 1st floor rooms. Ours smelled musty, in spite of the staff attempts to remedy it. All in all I would not stay here again. The boardwalk area is very quaint and a short ferry ride or walk to EPCOT.

• Stayed October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had stayed at this resort a few years ago with a so-so experience, so when my wife told me we were staying here during a recent trip, I was a bit hesitant. Thankfully, this time around was much better than the previous one.

There are two sides to this hotel, the Villas (Disney Vacation Club side) and the Inn (normal guest side). The Inn side is substantially smaller and only has a quiet pool (not the main one with the themeing and slide), but I actually found this to be a huge benefit. It was so quiet and peaceful and nice break from the crazy pace of the normal Disney activity.

The hotel and rooms were extremely well kept and maintained (unlike the Beach Club, which was getting a bit run down). The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were quite spacious. The fridge, microwave, coffee machine, and (free) wi-fi were an added benefit (finally Disney hotels got with the program when it came to the internet). We had free breakfast which was so-so but the staff and concierge were extremely accommodating and really went above and beyond for most of our requests.

The location is superb if you want to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, as both are within walking distance. A complimentary boat shuttle is also available if your feet are aching. Disney transportation in the form of buses for other parks comes standard (be advised the Boardwalk shares buses with the Swan and Dolphin hotels, but is still only a total of three stops). Also, for those that want a little night-time activity, the Boardwalk is a fun place with Jelly Rolls and Atlantic City Dance Hall right there.

Overall, this was a wonderful and quiet hotel which was very well kept. I think it just might have become my favorite Disney property resort and I will not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We recently stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for a week, Its close proximity to EPCOT was a real plus for us, as we spent the majority of our time there. We were very pleased with theHotel staff, all of whom were as helpful as they could possibly be, right down to, and including the housekeeping staff who kept our rooms clean and neat in a very timely manner..We avialed ourselves of the Dining Plan, and Park Hopper tlickets, which we highly recommend. Just be careful when using the dining plan to know and fully understand its features so there is no misundertanding at the resraurants you frequent. Sometimes mistakes were made in communcation with our waiters, and this had to be rectified by the staff, so be sure you know what is and is NOT inlcuded in your plan. The souvenir endless drink cups provided were truly a Godsend, starting with our monring coffee and on thru the rest of the day. We had excellent meals at all of the Worle Showcase restaurants where we dined. Our absolute favorite was the faboulous Flying Fish Restaurant, handilly adjacent to the Hotel on the boardwalk. Altho the Flying Fish did require double points off our dining plan, it was most assuradly worth it! Be sure to try the great margaritas there, and their home made Yukon Gold potato bread was outstanding. I don't usually eat the bread, (so as to save room for dinner) but don't MISS that! All in all, we had a wonderful time on our trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a standard view with a garden view , room 4272. We can see epcots Eiffel Tower from our very large balcony!!!!!!!!!! We are a hop skip and a jump from Epcots world showcase. Going in the back entrance is super easy. We can also walk to Hollywood studios from here.
The food carts on the Boardwalk saved us money for light meals. I had a great slice of veggie pizza for $3.99.
My family and I love this resort. We have visited WDW many times staying on and old property and this is our favorite.

• Stayed October 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was at this hotel for a week and its is perfectly placed for Disney and in particular Epcot. The rooms were nicely appointed and it had most of what you would need from a holiday destination hotel. We were here for a business conference, so the hotel did not quite match up to what I would want under those circumstances. the mass catered food apart from the breakfast, was quite poor and bland, the hotel bar could not cope with the number of british people needing drinks in the evenings, there was a very poor selection of lunch venues at the hotel (dinner was much better, why the decent restaurants dont open for lunch is beyond me) and no robes or slippers in the roomswas a shame.
Good things were very helpful front desk, lovely surroundings overlooking a lake, good conference meeting rooms, good bus services to all attractions, and I would stay again but on holiday only.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Disney's Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!