Having spent five nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, we decided to spend our last night at the Boardwalk inn. Although we have visited Disney for many years, this was our first time to stay in a Boardwalk area resort.
We arrived to the front desk at 9:00 in the morning not expecting our room to be ready. We were quite surprised to find that it was ready so we walked back to our rental car and gathered our luggage to store in the room. Our room was on the third floor, down a little from the elevator. It was a nice quiet location overlooking a small garden/terrace area.
Our room had one King Bed. It was a generous size and included a sofa, desk, large storage closet, armoire, and small fridge. I'm not sure if the sofa was a pull out. Sine we were traveling without our children, we only needed the one bed. The double sinks were separate from the toilet and tub. This is a feature I really like as it makes it much easier to get ready in the morning without having to worry about steamed up mirrors. The room was clean and there were some cute towel animals. The colors were mostly greens and yellows. The hotel had a Victorian feel to it and reminded me just a little of some of the resorts in Cape May New Jersey.
From the hotel, you can easily watk into Epcot or you can take a boat to Hollywood Studios. There is also a short walking path that also takes you to Hollywood Studios.
The Boardwalk area has plenty of eating options. Closest to the Boardwalk Inn are the Flying Fish Cafe, the Boardwalk Bakery, A Pizza Window, Kouzzina by Cat Cora, and the ESPN Sports Club. Of course there are several other options as you make your way around the lagoon but the ones I mentioned are the closet to the resort.
You will find plenty to do just around the Boardwalk area. You can rent a surrey bike, dance at Atlantic Dance, enjoy a sing-a-long bar at Jellyrolls, rent boats, enjoy the evening entertainers, play arcade games - quite a large assortment for your pleasure.
We did find a great rate on Expedia for the Boardwalk Inn so I suggest you check there if you would like to save a little money over the published rates.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn is a Disney Deluxe Resort that captures the charm, whimsy and elegance of 1940s Atlantic City. Sitting along a boardwalk packed with amusements, the Resort offers dynamic views of activity below and of the glittering waters of Crescent Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Boardwalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.