“Our new "Home" at WDW!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's BoardWalk Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
You added Disney's BoardWalk Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #63 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Our new "Home" at WDW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This resort blew us away. We've now stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Club Level), Swan, Dolphin, and Grand Floridian (Club Level). The Boardwalk Inn more than met our expectations and left the other resorts in the dust. We stayed Club Level and were given an immaculate room that smelled like heaven on he fifth floor overlooking the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. I don't think I've ever had a better view at a hotel. The room was elegant without being pretentious, spacious, and he beds were very comfortable. The staff at the Club Lounge ( called The Inkeeper's Club) were lovely, but Jackie and Scott were our favorites. The whole inn is immaculate, full of interesting things to look at and I'm crazy about the Big Band soundtrack playing in the background. Restaurant choices were aplenty, the pool was huge, refreshing (in August) and he quiet pool was a heavenly oasis at night. You also can't beat the 5 minute walk to Epcot and the 10-15 minute walk to Holkywood Studios. Bus transportation was just fine. We never felt that we had to wait long for a bus, and when leaving parks, Boardwalk OR Beach and Yacht Club buses were easy to come by. If there was no bus available heading back to Boardwalk, we'd simply hop one to the Beach or Yacht club, which are also a 5 minute walk from Boardwalk.
We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My family of five just returned from a six day at Boardwalk Inn. It was so close to Epcot, just a 5 minute walk. Our room was spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly, Im not sure if "NO" is ever used at Disney. We will stay here again and would recommend it to everyone. Thank you Disney for yet again helping us make magical dreams come true:)

• Stayed September 2011
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Just got back from a week long stay at the Boardwalk Inn! I had stayed at other Disney resorts before and never had a bad experience but this one tops them all!!! First class service all the way! Check in was a breeze, no wait at all. However we did get a room with one King Size bed and we had requested pne of the double Queen rooms. I went back to check in and i was in a new room within 5 minutes, no question asked, even had a better view! The room was perfect. Lots of room....beds were comfortable....furnishings in great shape and classy old school decor. The double vanity can in very handy. The bathroom itself was small but great shower pressure (a huge must for me)!! The maid service was great. We hardly ever saw them and always had enough towels and supplies. The staff itself was outstanding. There was one staff member...i do not remember her name but she was the one that checked us in....that gave my son baloons and stickers everytime she saw him and made his day by just remembering him and calling him by name each day.

As for the resort itself....there was nothing bad I could say. The pool was awesome. The Boardwalk itself is incredible. What a great way to spend a night. We spent the $15 on refillable mugs and made great use of them. Even when we went to the different places for just refills everyone was so accomadating. The ESPN Club had great wings. The ice cream shop was a great treat every night and the Pizza Window was awesome...i think my son ate a slice everyday we were there! Being able to walk to EPCOT was outstanding and the boat to Hollywood Studios was a breeze too!

If i had any complaints or issues....there would only be 2 minor ones. 1) while the bus transportation is a major perk, i was pretty annoying to have to sit through 3 or 4 different stops everytime we used to buses. They weren't always very crowded but in the few times they were it was an issue since we had a stroller and a 3 year old we had to try to stand with on the buses. DIdn't think this was very safe at all. I would think a Deluxe resort would get it's own bus stop or at least only have to share with one other hotel. Not 4 different ones.
2) As I said....service was outstanding....check in was awesome...check out was easy enough....except for the awful attitude of the parking and loading attendant. Evidently you are only allowed to park in the loading zone in front of the door if you are using a bell hop. Considering we were in a rush to leave since we were driving back to VA that morning and the next available bell hop would be a 30 minute wait....i decided to pull my car up and load it myself. I was met very rudely by this employee and told I could only park there for about 5 minutes and my car would be moved so the bell hops could load up cars. I informed him that I believe I had just as much right to load my car myself as anyone else given the amount of money I had already spent on property over my week long stay. He didn't like that too much and muttered some words under his breath as he walked away. Just a minor blip...but did leave me a little ticked off after such a great stay.

Overall.....great hotel...great staff...great location. I would reccommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We just stayed at the Boardwalk Inn & Villas (part of the Disney Vacation Club plan if you're looking into being part of that) for a 3 night stay prior to a 5 day Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream in September.

First of all, September is the month to go with very few people visiting the resorts and parks. We never waited for rides or entrance to anything the entire trip! It was incredible!

As for the Boardwalk, it is on a beautiful lake shared by the Beach Eub Resort and the Yacht Club Resort and is adjacent to the Swan and Dolphin Disney/Sheraton shared properties. The Boardwalk is sort of "Dumbo's Circus" or Carnival themed and is very fun for kids yet elegant for adults. There was easy access to eating at the cafes and restaurants just outside the back on the lake. ESPN Club is right there for great eating and sports watching. The dance club was great for our group of 12 thirty-somethings, who wanted to have a few drinks and dance after dinner but only walk 3 minutes from the Boardwalk. Kids can enjoy the amazing pool and waterslide, games in the Community room and much, much more. Really, this location had something for everyone!

The largest benefit was its proximity to EPCOT. You walk 5-7 minutes and you can enter via the World Showcase, at France. It was superb. I would stay here for this reason alone again. Also, this resort is one of the more reasonable if you are hoping to stay at a beautiful resort, just not the most expensive of the Disney offerings. Book it knowing you're getting amazing value and quality for your money!

Room Tip: The resort is expansive, so if anyone has trouble walking, please request to be placed near the elev...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Just came back from 4 nights at the Disney Boardwalk Inn. Absolutely beautiful luxioursly resort hotel. I had never stayed at a Disney property before so I was very much in awe of the whole Disney experience. Being on the boardwalk gives you so much in choices of eating establishments and shopping. You can either walk to Epcot(less then 10mins away) or walk to Hollywood Studios(around 20mins) or take the Disney water taxis to both locations or take the Disney shuttles buses to any Disney theme park and water parks. Disney really makes you feel at home with so many things to do. The Boardwalk Inn has a beautiful pool and an adult quiet pool. It does amaze me that there is no free wi fi at Disney, but can access free wifi in the lobby. I actually walked along the boardwalk to the Big Grill River Restaurant(something like that) and accessed there free wi fi and sat on a bench in front of the restaurant taking in the sites. I would reccommend the airline checkin service if you have the right airline, I flew Southwest and had the Hotel send my bags to the airport. Great service and a great trip.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor room, perhaps a little closer to an elevator, a room overlooking either the p...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our family LOVED Boardwalk for many reasons... but it all added up to great options. First, the room had a great view of Epcot and the fireworks if we wanted to sit on our balcony and watch. Rather be at Epcot? No problem it is only a 5 minute walk and no crowd exiting at the end of the day! Prefer mini-golf? That's a 10 minute walk away! Just stroll down to the boardwalk and there are restaurants, magicians and entertainers. The "noisy" pool has a great slide, but we preferred one of the "quiet" pools which we often had to ourselves... and this is in July! My husband's ONLY critique is that there is no self-serve if you buy the bottomless mugs - you need to hand them to a server/bartender to get a refill.

Room Tip: We loves our fifth floor room with a view of Epcot's France
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Perfect 5 minute walk to epcot! Great customer service! Nice rooms...great overall! Would stay here again....no wireless Internet in the rooms:(, but in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Disney's BoardWalk Inn? Share your experiences!