“Fantastic - but a word of caution” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Boardwalk Inn

You added Disney's Boardwalk Inn to your Saves list
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #77 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
England
“Fantastic - but a word of caution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

I'd stayed at the Boardwalk Inn in a boardwalk view room in May 2007 and loved everything about the resort.

This time (December 2007) I was staying at the InnKeepers Club, the resort's club-concierge level. Unlike 'normal' rooms you cannot book a specific room view.

When we arrived we were escorted up to the 4th floor to check in at the club level. Check in was friendly and efficient and we were soon on our way to our room. This is where we hit it a bit of a problem. The room was very pretty (same as my non club room in May) but it overlooked the satellite dishes of the ESPN club (it was actually over the ESPN club) and a service/access road. Even with the door closed you could hear the traffic. For $550 dollars a night I don't think this is acceptable so I spoke to a club staff member who changed our room to a room overlooking the gardens and with a prime view of the Epcot Illuminations (fireworks). Fantastic room.

The club level was very relaxing, unlike some of the resort club levels where it can be a bit of a scrum when the food is put out. I would rate the Boardwalk club level as one of the best, aside from the Grand Floridan Royal Palm Club (main building) but that is exceptional.

The cast members were all very friendly and approachable and would do anything for us, and the resort is so beautiful, especially with the christmas decorations up. Although the resort was full you wouldn't have thought so, until you went to the main lobby or the valet, and even then the staff handled everything to the best of their ability.

Like all Disney resorts the Boardwalk isn't cheap but if you're after a 'nice' hotel in a superb location this can't be beat.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Slow valet
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

Having stayed at all deluxe Disney resorts this is the most disappointing. The staff was very difficult and we spent more time on the phone with the front desk or standing at the front desk. Billing problems, mousekeeping problems, poor dining choices compared to the other WDW resorts. When you walk into this resort it really has the feel of a timeshare not an inn or resort.

Sound is a big problem if you stay in the highest priced rooms. The entertainment goes until late night and you are sure to know when the bars close at 2 a.m, because there is a significant amount of noise.

Stayed December 2007
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

Stayed at the BWI over 5 nights at Thanksgiving. Booked a concierge level room at the AAA rate of $500.00 a night. The room had 2 Queen beds and a tiny little day bed that a small child could barely fit in. The sink was cracked and the toilet bowl was tilted (looks like it had been removed and replaced several times from the grout marks on the tile).The food/snack/beverage offerings in the lounge were pretty pathetic. A simple continental breakfast in the AM (bagels, toast, danish, 3 cereal choices.) A few bags of chips and pretzels and a few soggy cookies in the PM. At cocktail time the white/red wine and beer did not appear until exactly 5:00 and not a minute sooner. At 10 minutes before 7 the conciege announced "10 minutes before we take everything away". A real class act!!! There were 2 hot entrees every night (some inedible) and the same cheese, crackers, veggies and dip every night. In addition the lounge itself was very small with only 1 table for 4 and 2 tables for 2. There is 2 couch areas with a cocktail table. But try eating your cereal bending down over a low table. The room is way too small to handle the large amount of rooms assigned to the concierge level. In addition huge familiy groups desend on this spot so there was usually never any place to sit. You could bring your food back to your room but whats the point. There is only a small bistro table with 2 chairs in your room. What do the other 2 people in your room do?
The staff up on the concierge lounge also left a lot to be desired. With the lone exception of Lorenzo everyone else had a puss on their faces and every question you asked them was an effort for them to respond. They were all a grumpy bunch of old men and women who I never saw crack a smile. The one positive note is the hotel is in a great location to walk to Epcot and MGM. The pool is very small for the size of the hotel with the most rock hard lounge chairs I have ever sat in ---if you could find one. If you are looking to have lunch at the pool---forget about it. They only serve 2 cold sandwich selections. I stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club concierge and I feel they are far superior. For the money I paid for a room at the BWI I was very disappointed!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — concierge level
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I just returned from a fantastic family vacation. My entire family (parents, brothers and sisters and their spouses) stayed at the Boardwalk and all of us had a great experience. The check in process was painless! They were able to check us all in quickly. Our rooms were clean and overlooked one of the two “adult” pools at the resort. The adult pool was simple and quiet, which was nice.

The restaurants at the Boardwalk were nice and there were plenty of options at the Boardwalk for each meal. The Dolphin, Swan, Beach Club and Yacht Club are all within walking distance, so you can also have a meal there as well. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Yacht Club. It was nice to fill up and then walk some of the breakfast off.

EPCOT and MGM are within walking distance of the resort. You can take a boat to both but we found walking to be faster. We took buses to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach. The Boardwalk is close so both rides weren’t very long. We walked through EPCOT and took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

The Boardwalk lights up at night. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night so there was a lot of activity at the Dance Hall and the Piano bar. The ESPN club was lots of fun on Saturday during all of the college games.

I would probably not include the meal plan in our next Disney package. The package provides more food than you really need.

Our only bad experience was at the Grand Floridian. We decided to use two of our sit down meal points at Citricos. Our waiter was incredibly nice and cordial until we mentioned that we were using the Disney meal plan to pay for the meal. After that our service went down hill and his attitude went sour. The Disney meal plan includes an appetizer, the entrée and a dessert. It also includes gratuity (18%). Needless to say, we waited a long time for our food (which was puzzling since it was 9pm and we were one of the last groups in the restaurant), he was slow to refill our drinks and water, and we waited quite awhile to get our bill. We are a relaxed group and we were enjoying the conversation but we all noticed the delay after awhile.

All in all, we had a great time. I would recommend the Boardwalk to anyone and will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location! Location! Location!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

We stayed at the Boardwalk as part of a wedding event; because of that we got a "special" rate. For the bargain price of almost $300 per night, we got a room with worn carpet and furnishings, and a musty, mildew odor that was a long walk from the lobby and main wedding venue.

I have stayed at a range of hotels and resorts, and the Boardwalk gets accolades in Conde Naste Traveler and other publications. I think part of the thrill is staying "on property", close to the Disney attractions with a variety of restaurants within walking distance. If you disregard these things though, the hotel is in serious need of some refurbishments.

The valet service is so sssssllllllowwwww; we knew this and called to have the car brought around. The car was left unlocked a distance from the valet stand; I was not happy with this. Crime happens at Disney more than people realize. Be cautious -- just because you are on vacation, don't leave your common sense at home.

If we had friends coming into town that were planning on visiting the attractions, they would get the advice to stay at other hotels that are half the price but in much better condition.

• Liked — Free toiletry products were from H20 -- seriously that was the best thing.
  • Disliked — Your typical
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

My husband, my parents and I stayed at the Boardwalk for the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. I would highly recommend this hotel for that event. You could walk from the hotel to EPCOT (a short walk I might add) or take a free water shuttle. It was very convenient especially since you enter into the World Showcase.

The hotel itself is nice. There are alot of food options at the Boardwalk, so that is convenient. I thought it was a little overpriced for what you got, especially if you pay full price. We were spoiled and paid the Florida Resident discount. I did not encounter any real negatives but for the price.

Stayed October 2007
Spokane,WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

Stayed for 5 nights at the Boardwalk. I loved the Magical Express and the close location to Epcot. It wouldn't rank as a 5 star hotel in my book, but the room was large and the pool was very nice. My only complaint was with the bus system. I thought the buses were few and far between. I am comparing it with last years stay at the Port Orleans Riverside. I would recommend this property for couples.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bus service to other parks
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Disney's Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!