“Okay for a short stay in Orlando” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6825 Visitor's Circle, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Riande Continental Plaza)   |
Ranked #251 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Oslo
“Okay for a short stay in Orlando”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Only stayed at the hotel for one night before driving to Miami. The location is very close to Universal Studios which is great. You get free parking and wifi (only near the pool and reception area). The hotel / Motel is not more than 2 stars. The room was clean but the hotel and room itself was rundown and could need some refurbishment. Friendly staff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just got back from a two week stay at this hotel. The hotel is a bit rundown, but the price reflected that. The room was clean, fresh clean white towels everyday, bed sheets were always clean, staff were very friendly, I used the wifi in the lobby with no issues, I used the microwave and it was always clean and I didn't have to wait to use it, the pool was always clean (and it gets lots of sun throughout the day).

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of Universal and lots of restaurants on International Drive. I used the I-Ride to get to the outlet malls, only cost $1.50 per journey and there is an I-Ride stop right outside the hotel. I used the Lynx bus to get to the Florida mall, this was only $2.00 per journey, and again, there is a bus stop right near the hotel. Wet n Wild is also just across the road. There is a small Walgreens next door to the hotel, which is very handy. I used the hotel complimentary shuttle bus to Disney and back, it was on time and the driver was very friendly.

The hotel was cheap and cheerful, it is not perfect, it could certainly benefit with a fresh cost of paint and some sprucing up, they could do with buying some newer sunbeds for people out by the pool (but the ones they have are okay, they are just clearly quite old), basically it was cheap, but it was good enough for me, I was hardly in the hotel anyway, there is so much to be out seeing and doing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Arrived here on a thursday, and checked out monday morning, and this was about as much as I would`ve wanted to stay. We only visited Orlando as we desperately needed to escape the UK weather and Virgin had a great sale on, and based on that, given the nightly rate, it was a great little trip. We were out of the hotel apart from just to sleep.

Its a great locale for Universal resort and Sea World (both a quick shuttle bus away) and the beds are comfortable and the staff enthusiastic and helpful.

However, its very dated, in need of a lick of paint, close to a noisy freeway and has no wifi in the rooms. (Everyone gathers in the lobby all day and all night to get their desperately needed Facebook fix).

For a random trip to see the highlights of Orlando, it is fine, however if you are coming here as a `once in a lifetime` family vacation, you will be massively disappointed...stick to the resort hotels for that kind of thing.

Room Tip: Try and get back facing as the front is full of wifi seeking guests chatting at all hours
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Medellin, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I know it is cheap, and I was expecting ugly, but I think cleanness is just a MUST.
Shower was disgusting, the shower curtain shows no cleaning, towels are like yellow, and I felt I couldn't be bare footed on that carpet because Ill get an infection.

We arrived at 1am, and checked out at 8am
I am so glad my husband got a different hotel

• Stayed May 2013
Utica, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

upon check in staff was friendly and place looked nice. when we went into our room, being a person who checks things out where I stay, I noticed some issues I wasn't liking. The metal around the faucet in the bathtub / shower was just hanging, it wasn't attached to the wall. The shower head was corroded with lime or something else in the water. The mirror over the sink was so worn it had spots in it that were not a mirror any more. On the wall next to the mirror was a sticker from a previous renter from clothing they has purchased( who knows how long that had been there).The comforters on the beds had more loose strings on them than ones that were actually holding it together. The pillows were flatter than a slice of bread. When I pulled the blankets back the sheets on both beds had spots on them,I don't know if they were stains or just dirty sheets. Thank god I brought my own. There were stains on the carpet. The mirror and picture on the wall in the bed area were both hung crooked. In the refridgerator there was a bunch of ice built up that had fallen throughout the fridge. I decided to put the do not disturb sign on the door for the duration of our stay because I knew I would do a better job cleaning anyway.The first few days were fine I had talked to the housekeeper and explained that I would clean the room just give us clean towels daily and she was ok with that. Then they put another housekeeper in that area and when I went into my room from the pool I found her inside our room. I said to her that the sign is on the door for a reason and she said "no english" so I pointed to the door and sign and she said "excuse me" . well thats english. I complained to the front desk and was told "she's new". It doesnt matter if the sign is there you don't go in.they also show a gift shop on site ,well I couldn't find it.I will not go back here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Wakefield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'll start off by letting you all know that when travelling in the UK we usually stay in cheap hotels (Travelodge, Premier Inn etc) but this hotel is the pits.

It wasn't all bad, so there are some small Pros.

Pros:
20 mins walk to Universal
Over the road from Wet n Wild
Very cheap
Walgreens just over the road, as is a KFC
Dairy Queen around the corner for yummy food
Comfy beds (really comfy)
Free WiFi in lobby

Cons:
Not particularly helpful staff
Noise constantly all through the night from iFLY
Theft - we stayed in two rooms and something went missing from both of them (staff didn't seem to care, we got one item back from a cleaner after bringing the Police in)
Decor - paint and plaster peeling from walls
Cleanliness - floors and bathroom wasn't cleaned every day (although fresh towels were available every day and beds were made daily)
Noisy hotel - constant noise from other guests

Summary:
So in summary, the thefts from maids is enough for me to recommend you don't stay here (we even know the maid was still kept on even after admitting taking the item!!!!).

Its in a good location but other better hotels are also in this area, so book those first.

• Stayed April 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The rooms are horrible. My htc desire s ( phone ) got stolen by one of the cleaners and the hotel did nothing about it. I'm about to fly home from my holiday and I never got the phone back. Never go hear. It is horrible . If you value your belongings don't go hear .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!