“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
United States
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

After reading reviews I expected more from this hotel. I'm not a very picky person but wouldn't stay here again. Was looking for a suite in Lake Buena Vista area. Reviews were good so I booked this hotel. Room was on top floor facing the pool - if the air conditioner motor didn't wake you up, the glaring bright spotlight located all around pool area did the trick! I woke up at 3:00 a.m. thinking it was 7:00 a.m. because the room was so light (even with the blackout drapes closed). Looked at the clock and was shocked to see the time. Got up and looked out the window to see the huge spotlights coming right into my room. WHY!!? Next, not sure if because I was on top floor but room was "damp"/humid - no matter what temperature I put the air conditioner on. Even when it was freezing in my room. Even carpet felt like it. Lastly, worst included breakfast I've encountered. Can't stand powdered eggs but what was worse was the only choice of bread is toast. Bagel & cream cheese would have made my kids very happy but apparently the company policy is not to have bagels. Had to eat breakfast out instead. All in all just not what I expected and for over $115 a night, I will look at other properties next time.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face pool - spotlights stay on all night long!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for three nights recently and loved everything about the stay, except the Internet connection. Since we were there for pleasure and not for business, this did not adversely affect us to the point of leaving, but we will keep it in mind in our future picks of Orlando area hotels. The breakfast was pretty good, but after the third morning, we were tired of the same items. We went to Epcot one day and to Animal Kingdom the second day, and although the hotel does provide a shuttle, we chose to drive since we didn't know how long we'd be and there were only one or two shuttle times each direction for each park. The room was great -- a kitchen, eating area, pull-out sofa bed, TV on one half, and then a door to a bedroom with two beds and a nice bathroom. Worked great for my mom, my daughter, and me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Disney World. Hotel is at good location. Allthough they have a transportation to DW, we used our own car, because the transportation is only once a day and the bus gathers people from several hotels. Our room (435) was very spacious, separate bedroom and living room areas. The bed was one of the best I have ever slept in a hotel! Room was clean and there was a kitchenette with microwave oven, fridge, freezer. Only thing missing was oven. Price includes continental breakfast, which was simple, but okey. The aircondition was quite loud, that was only disturbing thing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at this property in the past and while it was clean and secure with a good breakfast and the prices were very acceptable, the air conditioning systems were very loud. They must have put new units in the rooms because the air conditioner worked very well and was not nearly as loud as the ones in the past. The staff is friendly and welcoming and does their very best to make guests feel valued and pleased with their services. My husband and I will book this hotel again. What would be nice is if extra plug-ins for smart phones and tablets were available. Also a TV guide listing would be nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanford, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The most important amenities, for me, in any hotel is a fast internet connection and a functioning gym. I booked this hotel based on Web claim it had a fast wireless internet and a gym. Just to make double sure, I called them and asked if they had a treadmill and if it was working, since I run almost every day and did not want to venture out into the hot and humid Orlando weather. Affirmative was the response.

So I book the room and check in with family. Room seems nice enough, well equipped. I go to inspect the swimming pool, size not exciting but will do. Then I visit a tiny gym and trouble starts; there is a sign on the treadmill saying it's broken. I see the receptionist Amina, who says it broke this morning and she has no clue when it'll be fixed. Disappointing.

I go back to the room and turn on the Wifi, double disappointment. It connects all right but its deadly slow. An email takes a minute plus to load. There is no way I'm able to trade the markets with this connection. I call and complain. I get a call from their IT department and we go through five minutes of troubleshooting, no fix. IT calls me back in thirty minutes and says its slow because my room is at the far end of the floor; sorry, cannot help!

I call Amina and request her to have a manager talk to me She says the manager, a James Shakir, has gone for the day and will not return until next morning but she promises to have him call me tomorrow. I steam but cannot do anything.

Next day, I stay back for work but it is impossible with the internet speed. The room is not cleaned by one PM so I call and request one. Yes, I am told, after all departing guest rooms are serviced first. They come at 3PM, clean the room and leave the garbage; I have to call them to come and haul it away.

My second night and the internet quits working all together. I go to reception and Amina is there again. Why did the Manager not call me? She shrugs her shoulders and says she forgot to give my message. When I complain about the internet quitting altogether, she advises I am free to leave if I didn't like it.

We did, at 12 midnight.

I gave Quality Inn, the owners 72 hours to give me a satisfactory answer but have yet to hear from them.

Come on guys, customers expect a working internet and more personable service if they are willing to cough up $199 / night.

Absolutely horrid experience; will avoid all Quality properties like a plague.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

in this hotel, for a trade show. The rooms are spacious and there is nothing to complain. The price is adequate and I figure that if you book online you save the local tax, which I learned when I was extending my stay for 1 day at the front desk....aargh,
So better book and pay online as long this is tax free in the USA. If you have a rental car the trip to the convention center is short and without much traffic. There is a Bonefish nearby which is my favorite restaurant in the US.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Enjoyed the stay here. was here for a week. Breakfast was good but same every morning which gets boring after a few days. The room was great. The beds were a hard but that`s just a personal opinion. Staff were really nice and helpful. Bus stop outside the door so easy and cheap access to the parks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!