The most important amenities, for me, in any hotel is a fast internet connection and a functioning gym. I booked this hotel based on Web claim it had a fast wireless internet and a gym. Just to make double sure, I called them and asked if they had a treadmill and if it was working, since I run almost every day and did not want to venture out into the hot and humid Orlando weather. Affirmative was the response.
So I book the room and check in with family. Room seems nice enough, well equipped. I go to inspect the swimming pool, size not exciting but will do. Then I visit a tiny gym and trouble starts; there is a sign on the treadmill saying it's broken. I see the receptionist Amina, who says it broke this morning and she has no clue when it'll be fixed. Disappointing.
I go back to the room and turn on the Wifi, double disappointment. It connects all right but its deadly slow. An email takes a minute plus to load. There is no way I'm able to trade the markets with this connection. I call and complain. I get a call from their IT department and we go through five minutes of troubleshooting, no fix. IT calls me back in thirty minutes and says its slow because my room is at the far end of the floor; sorry, cannot help!
I call Amina and request her to have a manager talk to me She says the manager, a James Shakir, has gone for the day and will not return until next morning but she promises to have him call me tomorrow. I steam but cannot do anything.
Next day, I stay back for work but it is impossible with the internet speed. The room is not cleaned by one PM so I call and request one. Yes, I am told, after all departing guest rooms are serviced first. They come at 3PM, clean the room and leave the garbage; I have to call them to come and haul it away.
My second night and the internet quits working all together. I go to reception and Amina is there again. Why did the Manager not call me? She shrugs her shoulders and says she forgot to give my message. When I complain about the internet quitting altogether, she advises I am free to leave if I didn't like it.
We did, at 12 midnight.
I gave Quality Inn, the owners 72 hours to give me a satisfactory answer but have yet to hear from them.
Come on guys, customers expect a working internet and more personable service if they are willing to cough up $199 / night.
Absolutely horrid experience; will avoid all Quality properties like a plague.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel
- Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Quality Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Quality Suites®Orlando Lake Buena Vista. 8200 Palm Parkway, Orlando Florida 32836For the finest in suite accommodations stay with us at the Quality Suites® Orlando Lake Buena Vista. We are nestled in a beautiful and peaceful resort area just minutes to the best attractions, dining, entertainment and shopping Orlando has to offer. Our 123 guest suites feature one king or two queen beds in a bedroom separate from the living and kitchen areas. The kitchens are fully equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top, dishwasher, coffee maker, and utensils. Additionally two (2) TV’s are in each suite. We also have two bedroom suites available that can sleep up to 8 guests. Whether staying for business or leisure, the Quality Suites® Lake Buena Vista is your best choice for spacious suites with all the amenities of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.