“Pay up for better quality” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Pay up for better quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

They charged me $18 for complimentary service! I didn't ask if it was optional (i was tired and it was late) but I encourage you to ask for it. Why pay $20 for 2 bottles of water, parking inside a bar gate (there's tons of other parking and I felt the area to be quite safe).
They were supposed to give me a newspaper I think but there was none at my door.

Front desk was great! No complaints!
Lobby is super nice, nice gym, business center - although I didn't use any - they all looked good.

Everything was clean. Room was great.

Bed was OK not great.

For everything above I paid about 150 bucks something total with the stupid $18 service fee and couple $ in taxes. I booked through hotels.com. For a single guy, I think I could have saved staying somewhere else. But for family or couples, it may be great!

I would definitely stay here again and recommend my family to stay too.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel does have a great exercise room and the pool is very nice. I will say that the staff was very friendly.The rooms are super small and for $160 we got 2 double beds. The hotel has no free breakfast and that will run you $11 for cold or $15 for hot. The food is not very good and stays the same every day. The hotel is connected to the mall and you can get dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. The restaurant is connected to the mall and the food is very good.
If you want to go to Disney there is no shuttle service. The cab round trip will run you between $90 and $120.
The hotel room offered nothing special. The double beds were not even close to as nice as a Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn Express. I am a business traveler and I have never even seen a double bed while traveling. Bring you own shampoo and soup because the hotels is not good at all. The conference rooms and food we not special at all. I went to a work associates room and he had a king sized bed, but the same small room layout.
There is a grab and go store in the hotel, but prices are much better in the mall. We also had a pick pocket following us through half of the mall. When we asked locals they said that the mall is in a high crime area. The last time I was in Orlando we had a conference at the Twin Dolphin and it blew this hotel out of the water.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hotelier32819, General Manager at The Florida Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear “Rob2222”

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on your visit to Orlando and for highlighting the friendliness of the staff in our hotel, the great exercise room and the nice pool area . I am truly very sorry that you were not equally impressed with the other areas mentioned and regret any shortfall of expectations. I can assure you that it is not for a lack of effort from the entire team to provide the best possible experience to you our very valuable guest, but certainly understand that we were not a well suited match. Being attached to the Florida Mall is one of the great pluses of our hotel and your five-star rating of the mall is right on! Regretfully, we all must be prudent no matter where in the world we travel to preserve the best experience. Again, thanks for taking the time to write a review, and I do hope that your next visit will be more delightful.

Keith E. Wolling, CHA
EVP/General Manager
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Often times as a traveling business professional, I find a hotel property that is immaculate, pretty, and well situated. But it's unusual when the character of the staff and the service they provide are in line with the facilty. Staying at the Florida Hotel and using the Conference faclities was a positive experience to the extreme. From the time I left the parking lot, the staff demonstrated a mantra that must be we want you to be comfortable here because we are a different home away from home. The food provided by the banquet and catering staff was 5 Star and they made sure that things were prepared as expected.
Even when some of my colleagues got a little rambuncious during the football game, the staff took it in stride, made their request for enthusiasm at a lower level. This was really impressive to us as a group.

I look forward to repeating this experience at this fantastic facility.

Mark F.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, the staff was extremely friendly and accomodating, the pool and hot tub were wonderful, Crikets bar was inviting and had delicious food with wonderful staff, the starbucks in the lobby was very convenient and also friendly, the store downstairs was very helpful and friendly. I did not use the restaurant for breakfast at all but saw many people eating every morning. I love the option of going green and skipping the room clearning for a day and receiving a $5 gift card to use at starbucks (or hotel store or breakfast)...wonderful idea! Having the hotel attached to a wonderful mall was a major bonus to our trip. They had all the stores that we could ever want and many restaurants to choose from. The location was great, 10-15 minutes from the airport. Also convenient to local restaurants and entertainment. Hope to stay there again and again!

Room Tip: Much better view if room is facing the pool, other side of the hotel looks at the top of the mall bu...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a flight home to Canada cancelled recently and our airline (Wesrt Jet) was kind enough to put us up for the evening at the The Florida Hotel and Convention Centre. We were so impressed with our stay at the hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly, welcoming and efficient. The location is terrific and the mall was wonderful. The room was very lovely and clean, with a comfortable bed. We ate supper and breakfast in the Crickets restaurant and thought it was fantastic, and a great value. The business centre was beautiful - large, bright, and offering everything you could need. Our stay at the Florida hotel was a unexpected surprise to the end of our vacation, and it left a great impression. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have eaten here for the last two years for breakfast once a month. I have never been disappointed and the omelets are GREAT! The service is simply outstanding and the people are friendly and polite.

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Recently I stayed at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center. The hotel staff at all levels were very friendly and professional. I arrived Sunday afternoon of Super Bowl and most of the dinning choices had closed early for the event. I used room service and was very pleased by the food and service provided and with a phone call to see how the food was and if I needed anything else. The room was very clean. The location is great for shopping (connected to central Florida's largest mall) and very close to the area theme parks.The pool area is very nice and the business center contained numerous new computers and printed. Great place for families or business guest. If flying in and not renting a car, I would recommend that you buy a ticket to the airport shuttle as a taxi is a little pricey.