I am responsible for organizing and executing meetings for approximately 100 executive technology engineers; we meet in different locations world-wide three times a year for one week. The Florida Hotel and Conference Center has delivered some of the best service and infrastructure we have received anywhere in the world in the past twelve years.
* Rock-steady internet in our meeting and sleeping rooms: Being a technology group, this is one of the most important requirements for a successful week. This hotel has the best internet we have experienced ANYWHERE. The technology service provider is PSAV; they installed and maintain a wireless system that is second to none. In our meeting room areas, we were provided with 30 Mbps of dedicated bandwidth. Not only was the connection fast, but it was very stable and the fee was reasonable.
* Staff attitude is exemplary from EVERYONE. All pleasant, professional, happy and smiling. Many of the Staff have years of service. The sincere and caring "can-do" attitude was so refreshing and enjoyable.
* Location is great: very convenient to the airport, and the hotel is attached to a mega shopping mall with everything making it very easy for shopping without having to drive. All the theme parks and attractions are fairly close by as well.
* The business center is brand-new with huge Apple monitors... it is clean and functional... probably the best business center we have encountered with many computers available without a wait.
* The exercise room has well maintained and newer equipment- it's as good or better than any paid gym you would encounter in your home town.
* In-house Starbucks: not your typical Starbucks hotel kiosk... this is a full-fledged Starbucks with everything a stand-alone Starbucks has to offer.
* Great in-house bar with a 2-for-1 happy hour on drinks and appetizers.
*Sleeping rooms have a refrigerator and safe large enough for laptops
* It's really hard to come up with any "Cons" for this review... certainly none are the fault of this Hotel. If I had to come up with a "Con", I would say that it is the Orlando area in general.... it's just not my cup of tea. (but that's just my personal preference) For Florida vacations, I like the Tampa Bay area better because I like to be closer to the Ocean and I enjoy Florida's State parks.
Whether you are traveling for business, a couples getaway, or family holiday, do yourself a favor and stay at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center!
PS: Don't forget to submit a customer comment card: the Staff really wants to know how you feel about their services, and they have a $50 daily drawing to encourage card submissions. If you are interested in trouble-free meetings or a Wedding of your dreams, be sure and ask for Salesperson Jim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at The Florida Mall, the Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels including a Starbucks in our lobby and direct mall access. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, we are at the center of everything there is to do in Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Florida Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Mall Hotel Orlando