My trip to Orlando ended with an unexpected stay at the Florida Hotel when the airline I was leaving on found it didn't have a flight crew available, thus requiring us to stay an extra night. It was the night before New Year's eve, and all the hotels were full, so everyone was surprised when we discovered that the airline had found us rooms in an excellent hotel.
We arrived in a large group over a period of about 30 minutes as taxis were able to bring us, not knowing what kind of reception our hotel chits would get us. The reception desk, located in the large and attractive entrance lobby, handled everything smoothly, with no fuss whatsoever. Within 3 minutes of arrival we were on our way up to our rooms, having been helped by the very fine front desk staff. Both then and the next morning the staff were pleasant, cheerful and helpful.
The room was excellent - clean, attractive, comfortable with a largish washroom. The entire hotel was clean and bright.
I had dinner in Crickets that night during "happy hour" when drinks and appetizers were half price - the food was excellent and the prices quite reasonable (can't say that for the other hotel I stayed in). Ted at the bar was very helpful. Breakfast in the hotel the next morning was also excellent. I had the hot buffet with an omelet made for me as I watched, lots of fresh fruit, etc. Again the price was reasonable.
On the side of the lobby they have a room with at least a dozen computers for the guests with 30 minute complementary internet. Since this isn't linked to a room, there is no limit to the number of sessions.
I checked out the exercise room and the outdoor pool - both were clean and not crowded. The pool is fairly large with lots of deck chairs, and there is a hot tub as well.
The location is beside the Florida Mall, a short drive down the toll road from the airport near its intersection with the I4. It is easy to get to, sort of in the centre of all the attractions (Universal, Disney, Wet and Wild, Sea World).
Everyone I talked to who was sent to the Florida Hotel by the airline agreed with me that they were pleasantly surprised, had no complaints at all, and were definitely going to consider staying there next time they were in Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at The Florida Mall, the Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels including a Starbucks in our lobby and direct mall access. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, we are at the center of everything there is to do in Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Florida Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Mall Hotel Orlando