I stayed at the Florida Hotel for 7 days and I loved every minute. The hotel is of course attached to the Florida Mall, not only a shoppers dream but extremely handy for everything from your morning coffee to your late night snacks. Additionally it is an easy driving distance from most of the usual Orlando destinations e.g Universal, Disney, Seaworld and it is literally round the corner from International Drive.
Checkin was fast and efficent. My bags were taken right away and another member of staff hopped on to the desk right away when we arrived to save us waiting behind the customer being served (dispite quite a late check in - 9pm ish). They were also very helpful when we needed something and just as efficent on check out, even giving us a little extra time when we were running late for checkout.
The room was well furnished (better quality furnishings than i expected) with nice elegant touches, good quality bed and linens and a nice big TV and desk to work at. The bathroom was also very nice with plenty of space. There was two of us staying in a standard king room and we had more than enouugh space between the bedroom area, sofa area, bathroom and desk.
Housekeeping came regular as clockwork each day and did a great job at cleaning the room, even on a day when we were rushed leaving in the morning and had left things strewn all over the floor!
If I had to find a fault with this hotel it'd be the very very minor complaint that the walls were a little too thin. We had some children in the room next to us who we could hear at times but given the great experience we had otherwise it was hardly worth mentioning.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Florida area, it's akin to some hotels which cost far more and has an amazing location and very well furnished and spacious rooms. It seems the negative reviews I see are all related to a 'bad incident' people have had which may or may not have been related to the Hotel itself so my personal opinion is that you take those with a pinch of salt and don't pass up an opportunity to stay at the Florida hotel. I've spent all my time since my trip to Orlando trying to find other hotels attached to malls!
- Also Known As:
- The Florida Hotel
- The Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Mall Hotel
- Florida Mall Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at The Florida Mall, the Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels including a Starbucks in our lobby and direct mall access. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, we are at the center of everything there is to do in Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Florida Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.