We stayed at the Orlando World Center Marriott 5 nights to attend a convention where our business was an exhibitor. Other than being under the same roof as the convention, there was nothing else convenient or likable about the hotel. The lines to check in were extremely slow moving; our room was not very clean, and now you have to tip the maid extra (by using the envelope on the bedside table). Why would I want to leave a tip when the room wasn't even clean in the first place???? Our room was also in need of updating and/or repairs. The hair dryer was AWFUL--the old school kind from decades ago that has one volume and one temperature--HOT. The air conditioning unit made an awful noise each time it kicked off, and it was almost impossible to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room, which made for fairly miserable nights. It took at least 30 minutes every single time we asked valet to retrieve our vehicle. We tried to telephone for the vehicle (so it would be ready when we got down) and were told we had to ask in person for the vehicle. Even on our departure day at 6:30 a.m., it took over 30 minutes for the car to be brought around. The first day we were there when it took a literal 45 minutes for the vehicle to be provided, we complained and the parking charge (for our entire stay) was comped on our bill. However, it was more important for us to get our vehicle in a timely manner than it was for the cost of parking to be complimentary. If I never stay at this hotel again, it will be too soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations include new Suites, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen opened January 2013, a rustic-style venue aimed at showcasing fresh and authentic family-style Italian cuisine with local farm inspiration. Experience the new Falls Pool Bar & Grill offering refreshing beverages and casual dining, a renovated game room with interactive games and a Kid's Zero Entry Pool and water playground with fountains, bubblers, water mushrooms, in-ground spray jets, water cannons and lily pads. Finally, slide into summer with a new slide tower featuring two, 200-foot winding water slides and one, 90-foot speed water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Orlando World Center Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Orlando Marriott