“Never Again!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando World Center Marriott

You added Orlando World Center Marriott to your Saves list
Orlando World Center Marriott
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8701 World Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32821 (Formerly Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #51 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Huntsville, Texas
“Never Again!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Orlando World Center Marriott 5 nights to attend a convention where our business was an exhibitor. Other than being under the same roof as the convention, there was nothing else convenient or likable about the hotel. The lines to check in were extremely slow moving; our room was not very clean, and now you have to tip the maid extra (by using the envelope on the bedside table). Why would I want to leave a tip when the room wasn't even clean in the first place???? Our room was also in need of updating and/or repairs. The hair dryer was AWFUL--the old school kind from decades ago that has one volume and one temperature--HOT. The air conditioning unit made an awful noise each time it kicked off, and it was almost impossible to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room, which made for fairly miserable nights. It took at least 30 minutes every single time we asked valet to retrieve our vehicle. We tried to telephone for the vehicle (so it would be ready when we got down) and were told we had to ask in person for the vehicle. Even on our departure day at 6:30 a.m., it took over 30 minutes for the car to be brought around. The first day we were there when it took a literal 45 minutes for the vehicle to be provided, we complained and the parking charge (for our entire stay) was comped on our bill. However, it was more important for us to get our vehicle in a timely manner than it was for the cost of parking to be complimentary. If I never stay at this hotel again, it will be too soon.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear pickygirl09,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that you were very disappointed in our hotel and your convention stay with us. We apologize if you were not happy with your room accommodations, the hotel size or our parking arrangements. As one of Marriott's largest hotels, with 1,440 rooms, we do our best to accommodate each and every guest and take care of all their needs while they are a guest with us.

We apologize if the housekeeping department did not keep up with the daily room cleaning. Clearly, this is unacceptable and we will take this issue up with the housekeeping staff to see where the problems were. The tip envelope is placed as a suggestion and not a requirement for our guests.

On busy convention days we do realize there are longer lines for valet due to the volume of traffic and we hope our guests can be understanding of these issues as it is never our intention to disappoint you in any way and apologize if you had to wait much longer than usual to get your car when trying to leave the hotel.

Please accept our apologies as we take great pride to extend Marriott's high standards for quality and hospitality each and everyday. It is clear you felt you did not experience this while here with us. We hope at some point we can welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Always stay here for my conference Great staff accommodating and friendly. Clean rooms good location and great amenities Nice pool good gym. The bar is friendly and plenty of seating Looking forward to next year. Actually laying by the pool now restaurants were good

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Steven K,

Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel and we are pleased after we read your review that you had a wonderful time here and we did not disappoint!

We are pleased to know you felt our staff was great, always accommodating and friendly and that your room was clean and comfortable. We are also happy you had time to use our fitness room, relax by the pool and enjoy our bars and restaurants.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I really liked this hotel. Very clean. Food was good room service and restaurants (this was great because we didn't have to go out to get great food). I have to say I was loving the management here..I was sick when I got down here and requested a room change (2 double beds) not only did they change my room but they also upgraded it (no charge) very nice staff! No issues with ANY of the staff here they were ALL amazing. The pool(s) heated and the water slides were so much fun for adults and children. Pool bar was great. Beds were comfortable. They only got 4 stars because they sent us to a park that wasn't open...and we took a taxi there..the cost $55.00 they should have refunded our money..they couldn't give us our wasted time back..not to mention the disappointed children. The gym was OK. no restroom in gym??? Seriously. Gross. I did use the gym equipment was ok. Tennis courts good, we played basketball. All this being said GREAT VACATION ...I like this much better than Grand Cypress..but I do not golf (I think that is the ONLY reason Grand Cypress ranks better.)

Room Tip: I really enjoyed Pool view..the higher floor view was beautiful. Oh and we didn't do the parks a...
Green Features: Didn't really care..sorry. I really didn't look or ask and this wasn't my concern while I was on vacation
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear momlexijack,

it always makes us happy to read a review that a guest and their family enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you for sharing with us how amazing and accommodating the staff were as soon as you checked-in, taking care to change your reservations and even upgrade you! We strive to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for and we are pleased to know you received gray service throughout your stay with us.

We are glad the many restaurants and bars offered you many choices for meals so you did not feel you needed to leave the hotel. Glad everyone enjoyed the heated pools and that you were also able to play some tennis and workout in the Fitness Room.

We would like to apologize for the park miscommunication. Our staff tries to keep up with all park opening and closings, but since they are not onsite we may not have the most up to the minute info on hours, etc. It was never our intent to disappoint all of you, and for that we are sorry.

We value you as a Marriott guest and are glad we were part of a wonderful family vacation. We hope we can welcome you back again one day.
Cuba, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

hotel lobby is very nice, they offer free samples of food and lemonade from the resort hotels during check in, long line for check in but efficient check in process, lots of elevators so was never any wait, love the elevator that goes to 28th floor and gives an outstanding view of Disney land across the highway. Conference facilities were nice, and well staffed, resturants were nice in the resort as well. Cocktails were pricey, but very good. We did not ask for pool view and would rec. that if available, rooms were nice and clean, timely maid service, bathrooms are tiny. Wifi is extra except for marriot members. Pool area was very nice and a lot of lounge chairs.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear mdvm,

It makes us happy to know your conference stay was a good one when you stayed with us recently. We are happy you found your service right from check-in to be good and that all of your accommodations were to your liking.

We are glad that even though you were attending a conference, you were able to enjoy many things at our hotel and that you felt the conference facilities were good and the staff efficient.

As of January 15th, when guests book through our Marriott Rewards Program, guests will receive in-room Wi-Fi, free!

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our vacation at this retreat was wonderful. The surroundings of this resort are breathtaking. Lots of beautiful flowers and trees. Inside the hotel is equally impressive with a beautiful lobby and a glass-elevator that takes you up and down at dizzying speeds with incredible views. The pools, golf course, and hot tub area are gorgeous! What a way to spend the day. The restaurant and bar at the pool will serve you while you lounge at the pool. The prices aren't ridiculous. The workout area is great, too. Be warned, however, that you are paying for the amenities and surrounding areas of the resort only. You may be a little let down when you walk into the room. It is very bland with yellow walls, golden-colored square tile carpet, popcorn ceiling, and just plain art. They did add a burnt orange accent wall, which helped liven the room up a bit. The bed is pretty bouncy, and the pillows seemed to clump up in a wierd way. Depending on where your room is, the view from the balcony can be terrific. The room is also a little on the small side. It was okay for two people, but we did tend to get in each other's way every now and then. We were given a handicapped room (didn't ask for one), which was fine, but for when the room is occupied by guests who are not handicapped, there seems to be a complete lack of space in the closet. There is a rack with a place to hang clothes, hung low for handicapped access, but above that there is absolutely nothing. It is just wasted space. Also, the bathroom sink area was quite cramped for two people. Some storage underneath and hooks to hang towels or clothes would have saved some room as well. It seemed to me that the room was not terribly well-planned to maximize the small space. So, my advice is, when you come to this resort, spend as little time as possible in your room, use the amenities as much as possible, and you will be very happy!

Room Tip: The self-parking lot is a good distance from the hotel. There is no other parking option (other tha...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Greenmemonica,

We are thrilled to hear your vacation retreat was wonderful, that you found our grounds beautiful and that you enjoyed many of the amenities our hotel offers. We are very happy you shared your review with other TripAdvisor members.

It sounds like you had wonderful, relaxing days by the pool, enjoying the Falls Bar,too. We are happy you had fun on the golf course and hot tubs and that you found your rides on the glass elevators exhilarating!

We are glad to know our resort provided so much fun and enjoyment when you were here with us. We hope we can welcome you back again some day.
Indian Shores, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel a few times to attend a conference, but it had been several years. I was a disappointed with a few aspects of my stay this time. First, the positive. In general, the staff is EXCELLENT! They are very friendly and helpful. This goes for the front desk staff to the valet folks and the bell staff. They were all top notch, especially the bell staff. They went out of their way for us more than once. Kudos!! Now for the bad. The hotel is starting to show it's age. The room was just ok. Again, it is showing it's age. The bed was not the most comfortable. I expected a little more from a hotel in this class. Now for the worst. I was extremely disappointed with the spa. I booked a massage before my arrival and was not impressed with the staff on the phone. Unfortunately, she was not any better in person. She made very little effort to show me the amenities or provide any information at all when I arrived for my appointment. To say she wasn't friendly would be an understatement. Like the rest of the hotel, the spa area is showing it's age. I didn't get that luxury feel like I have in many of the other hotel spas I have used in the past. It needs some work, even more than the hotel itself. The massage was just average, certainly not worth the inflated price I paid. And, I was overcharged! I was quoted a price for a couples massage on the phone. When I looked on the hotel's website, I saw the price advertised was lower than what I was quoted. When I checked out of the spa after my massage, I brought it to the attention of Janyss. All she had to say was that the prices in her computer were correct and they must not have updated the website yet. POOR SERVICE! Again, I expected better from a hotel in this class. I attend this conference every other year. I think next time I'll stay at one of the many other conference hotels.

Room Tip: The front desk clerk made sure we had a good room. Not sure if this was because I am a Marriott Rewa...
Dear LeighLeigh1966,

We are happy to welcome you back again and again for your conference stay. Thank you for sharing your review of your most recent stay with us and for letting us know that you received "EXCELLENT" service for the most part throughout your time here in the hotel.

It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way and were sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at our spa. We apologize for the the lapse in service and if our website was not updated. We are sorry that the spa did not meet your standards and expectations for a hotel of this quality. We will take note of this and our management team will work to do a better job in customer service and training to ensure that our spa staff provide a much more positive and pampering experience for you the next time you stay with us.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a first-class place. Every person, from the life guards, to the valet, to the front desk clerk were over the top friendly. They are doing it right. Great rooms, great price, great people. The Pool area is massive and very kid-friendly, multiple hot tubs. Could not be closer to Disney. The parking was far away if you self-park, but after the amazing service and great employee attitudes, I didn't care. Great for kids and couples. This is a legitimate review, I was blown away and had to review this. A PLUS.

Room Tip: Pool view, worth it
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear justinwhite7,

We are happy to hear you were 'blown away" by our hotel, our staff and the service you received while you stayed with us in December with your family.

Thank you for sharing how family friendly our pool area was with fun pools and hot tubs. We are glad our close proximity to Disney was a plus and that you found our parking attendants helpful and friendly.

We are pleased to know that your service throughout your stay was terrific and that you were very happy with your room accommodations.

We always appreciate and value our guest's reviews and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Been to Orlando World Center Marriott? Share your experiences!